Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

Mapping diagonal directions?

For gaming with DOS / Dosbox

Mapping diagonal directions?

Postby tinpanalley » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:48 pm

I'm playing Tony La Russa Baseball (and other games) and when using the keyboard, you can run in an angle on the field. How do I use mapping of my Logitech F710 or X360 controllers to map diagonal directions? It seems I can only map up, down, left, and right but no combinations. But the game does allow diagonal movement. Also, the Logitech F710 can be X-input and D-input with a switch. So I only use it on X-input and use the 360 controller for D-input gaming, just for further info.
Thanks!

tinpanalley 2

Re: Mapping diagonal directions?

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:03 pm

Have you tried using Xpadder? That program works really well for these games without gamepad support.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby tinpanalley » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:08 pm

TheOmikronNomadSoul wrote:Have you tried using Xpadder? That program works really well for these games without gamepad support.

It was meant for joysticks. So it should understand getting commands from them. I also have an issue with sensitivity to pushes in a direction. Your supposed to select a pitch with a direction and then push the joystick again to decide where to pitch. When you hold it down, it pitches farther in that direction. But the game takes ANY move in a direction as an extreme hold. Sorry, don't know how else to describe it. Any fix for that as well?

tinpanalley 2

Postby Horse » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:11 pm

Horse 3

Custom Title: Grandpa

Postby tinpanalley » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am

Correction: The game does NOT let you run on an angle by holding down combinations like up and left. But it does register diagonal running by pressing on 1, 3, 7, and 9. So what I need to know is if there is any way to map those so that you get all 8 directions on your joystick or controller.

tinpanalley 2

Postby sasapinjic » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:16 am

You have been told 2 times already , X-padder is solution .

It has EVERYTHING , you can remap every possibly combination you imagine , set 8 directions , set sensibility , set and save different setups for different games and god knows what else , and remap it all to your favorite controller , it is great program .
You run it independently of game and you can switch it off/on at any time .

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby tinpanalley » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:05 pm

sasapinjic wrote:You have been told 2 times already , X-padder is solution .
I was simply adding the fact that the game I'm asking about doesn't let you combine directions on the keyboard as I though, but that you could use angle directions. I was correcting information to be helpful. I don't understand the need for the aggressive tone of "you have been told 2 times...".

tinpanalley 2

Postby sasapinjic » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
sasapinjic wrote:You have been told 2 times already , X-padder is solution .
I was simply adding the fact that the game I'm asking about doesn't let you combine directions on the keyboard as I though, but that you could use angle directions. I was correcting information to be helpful. I don't understand the need for the aggressive tone of "you have been told 2 times...".

Some games just suck with controles options , they may have controler suport , but it is implemented so bad that is better to count them like they have no controler suport at all .
And , i wasnt been agresive,i mearly point you that x-padder resolves that sort of problems you have as well .

sasapinjic 13

Postby tinpanalley » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:54 am

Well, I've looked into this now and while the Xpadder forum isn't allowing any new members right now, it's clear from several other places online that Xpadder can not let you map one keyboard key to two simultaneous buttons or combined directions on a gamepad. It's simply not possible.

tinpanalley 2

Postby sasapinjic » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:26 am

tinpanalley wrote:Well, I've looked into this now and while the Xpadder forum isn't allowing any new members right now, it's clear from several other places online that Xpadder can not let you map one keyboard key to two simultaneous buttons or combined directions on a gamepad. It's simply not possible.

Just select 8-way mod :

sasapinjic 13

Return to DOS Gaming