Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

For old school PC enthusiasts/collectors

For gaming with DOS / Dosbox

For old school PC enthusiasts/collectors

Postby cycosis21 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:40 am

This CD from 1991 entitled Nautilus Intro 6. It was acquired for free from... No one in my family remembers. Nautilus was intended to be a multimedia magazine for PC. For reasons I could not find through Google, the company apparently no longer exists. Coincidentally there is a newer magazine under the same name, but it's a science magazine that is unrelated.

The disc contained (at the time) top of the line programs and decent yet fun shareware games for DOS and Windows 3.1 for users to interact with to show what computers were capable of. An excerpt from the introduction:
"With over a year's experience providing the CD ROM-based multimedia information service for and about your PC, we on the NAUTILUS Team are particularly excited about the potentials of the Windows multimedia extensions. We believe in delivering what you need as well as what you'll enjoy, and the sights and sounds of multimedia extensions make that prospect even more fun."

Considering the disc was distributed for free and requests the user to subscribe to the full magazine that no longer exists, I would assume uploading it for archival purposes wouldn't be against any rules. It doesn't hurt to double check though. Also, since I haven't explored everything on the disc and everything uploaded to TIZ , there is a possibility of a game or two being on there that aren't archived here already, albeit shareware games. (I could check using the search function to confirm, but it's almost 3 A.M. where I live so I'm falling asleep as I'm typing.) Unfortunately we never subscribed to receive more discs from them so this is the only one I have available. I could hardly find any useful information on the company or CD magazine series via Google, so I can only provide the information that I have as well as the disc itself.

I don't believe I've met the requirements for uploading yet as I am a mostly passive member, but I am only 5 posts away from 15 as of this post. I would like to add this apparently obscure disc to the growing list of everything, even if only one other person would enjoy exploring what innovations and games 1991 brought to the home computer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cycosis21 2

Re: For old school PC enthusiasts/collectors

Postby 6gunn » Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 am

Artie.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6gunn 6

Custom Title: catwacker

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Fri May 19, 2017 10:59 am

Do upload it. it would be nice to have :)
and the requirements are 5 posts,not 15 ;)

FFTHEWINNER 9

Postby ZX81v2 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:19 pm

15 posts is easy enough to get :)

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby cycosis21 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:55 pm

FFTHEWINNER wrote:and the requirements are 5 posts,not 15 ;)

...Well don't I feel stupid now lol. Must have misread the rules. I havn't uploaded anything before so I'll get to work on figuring that out. Thanks for pointing that out.

cycosis21 2

Postby rockleevk » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:07 am

Hope this gets uploaded soon, really curious about it.
Need some fresh stuff for my Win 3.1 tower!

-rockleevk

rockleevk 2

Return to DOS Gaming