Submit
Marketplace

Mass Effect 1: muddy, brown colors.

Come here if you are having PC gaming related issues

Mass Effect 1: muddy, brown colors.

Postby Terry_Bogard » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:17 am

So I followed this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y460r0laTY&t=11s

Added the texture mod and tweaked the BiOEngine.ini settings to match the video. I couldn't access Nvidia control panel to work so I adjusted settings in my AMD Radeon settings instead. Additionally I added FPS Counter. Although the textures are smoother, game stopped crashing (thanks to FPS Counter, I think...) and overall details are improved, the colors/lighting on the characters and walls are wrong. Some green/blue buttons and objects are their natural colors, the rest of the game isn't. How do I fix this?

Inhumanoids! Inhumanoids! The Evil that lies withi--BUST WOLF!
Terry_Bogard 3

Re: Mass Effect 1: muddy, brown colors.

Postby donkeymilk » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:49 am

A late reply but might be useful for anyone else who ends up here.

I had to press F12 and turn off 'post processing' in the option tab of fpscounter.
Then the proper colours came back.

If anyone has found a better fix that keeps the post processing effects on ,please let us know.

I've been using the Alot mod +the update and a few other tpf texture files that i converted to mem files.
It seems much easier to load mods with the newer M.E.M (MOD INSTALLER).

I think a newer version of MEUITM (texture mod) will be out soon(hopefully Dec.2017),
it will be compatible with the newer mod installer(mem) too.
I did try the older MEUITM mod but couldn't get rid of black textures in some places in-game so i stuck with using the Alot mod.

Not sure how things are gonna work with having 2 big texture mods (Alot +MEUITM ).
Maybe they will be incorporated into one big mod or one will supersede the other.

On a sidenote:
you can download the tpf version files of MEUITM and use MEM to convert them into one mem file and load that into the game.
I haven't tried it myself so don't know if it works better.

donkeymilk 3

Re: Mass Effect 1: muddy, brown colors.

Postby Terry_Bogard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 am

donkeymilk wrote:A late reply but might be useful for anyone else who ends up here.

I had to press F12 and turn off 'post processing' in the option tab of fpscounter.
Then the proper colours came back.

If anyone has found a better fix that keeps the post processing effects on ,please let us know.

I've been using the Alot mod +the update and a few other tpf texture files that i converted to mem files.
It seems much easier to load mods with the newer M.E.M (MOD INSTALLER).

I think a newer version of MEUITM (texture mod) will be out soon(hopefully Dec.2017),
it will be compatible with the newer mod installer(mem) too.
I did try the older MEUITM mod but couldn't get rid of black textures in some places in-game so i stuck with using the Alot mod.

Not sure how things are gonna work with having 2 big texture mods (Alot +MEUITM ).
Maybe they will be incorporated into one big mod or one will supersede the other.

On a sidenote:
you can download the tpf version files of MEUITM and use MEM to convert them into one mem file and load that into the game.
I haven't tried it myself so don't know if it works better.

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea a new texture mod for ME1 came out I'll look into it. Seems to have a similar name to ME2's "Alot of textures" mod or at least it shares a similar name with 2's most popular mod. I remember seeing ME2's Alot of textures from Youtube videos.

I haven't fired up one in a while but I did discover a fix. I had to manually update my radeon graphics card. Hope that helps.

Inhumanoids! Inhumanoids! The Evil that lies withi--BUST WOLF!
Terry_Bogard 3

Return to Troubleshooting