Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

GPD Win Startup Error

Come here if you are having PC gaming related issues

GPD Win Startup Error

Postby JANY » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:57 am

I just got my GPD Win 2 days ago. It was working perfectly (it got a little hot but, it was otherwise perfect) until today. A couple of minutes ago I turned on my GPD Win only to find that it just stayed at a black screen. I decided to turn it off and on. I got the same problem. So I decided to do what I did last time. The next time it turned on, it turned onto a console. The console has yellow text and a black background. There is a keyboard icon (I assume that it toggled on and off a virtual keyboard but, the touchscreen doesn't work so I can't do anything with the icon) and the console is in portrait and won't change (the console stays in 16/9 and is surrounded by two big borders). I am going to continue detailing my problem.

laptop with win10 64-bit
NVidia Shield Portable
JANY 3

Re: GPD Win Startup Error

Postby JANY » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 am

A message was printed in the console when it first went on. I wanted to know what the message was so I decide to type in "reset" into the command (I typed it in with the physical keyboard) then pressed enter. The console resets back into the console with a log printed. The log goes:

546738x872389475x43985789x4987279873
fs2 :HardDisk - Alias hd9e bik2
ufjuedhusudcyuedfcueiudfjuwejdiuerediuweuidjeriufiuerferiuferiufjiurfjiurejrfiuejriufjud

The log repeats then process until it abruptly stops. Please note that the first and third line is not copied from a piece of the log but, the second line is. The first and third line only exsist to show what the patterns in those lines are. The first line is just a string of numbers that has random x'es in it. The third line is just letters.

After the final peice of the log is printed, another line prints. "Press ESC in 5 seconds to skip startup.hsk, another other key to continue" is printed on screen. The five then turns to 4. The 4 turns to 3. The 3 turns to 2. The 2 turns to 1. The 1 doesn't change into anything. If you were wondering, the ESC key doesn't do anything.

From what little of the log and the other line, I think that there is something wrong with the internal memory and the windows installation is fucked.

I came here before I went to tech support to see if there is an easy fix to this and it isn't what I think it is.

laptop with win10 64-bit
NVidia Shield Portable
JANY 3

Re: GPD Win Startup Error

Postby XamX » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:25 pm

I think https://www.reddit.com/r/gpdwin/ is a much faster & better place to get real help.

XamX 3

Return to Troubleshooting