Either this is junk or I'm a retard

Discuss emulating the Gamecube here

Either this is junk or I'm a retard

Postby madbuzzin » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:08 am

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/gam ... e-cracked/

Can someone explain what I need to do here... there are dol files, which are the roms??? Then there are two Zelda folders that say place roms here... but the instructions are shit and don't make any sense.. the dol files (which I assume are the roms) aren't in the Zelda folders that say "place roms here" the dol files don't load on my gamecube. I have genesis snea And pce working fine on my cube... but what the fuck is this nes "emulator"?
madbuzzin 3

Re: Either this is junk or I'm a retard

Postby cody1638 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:32 am

Apparently its the official nintendo emulator from the zelda collectors disc that they tricked to run other roms. You have to convert your own roms to .dol using command line and use the correct mapper for each game from that list they included.

I'm not familiar with gc homebrew but on wii a dol is basically like an exe to launch something

cody1638 4

Re: Either this is junk or I'm a retard

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:48 am

Maybe both?

I have never used this in my life, but reading the info in the included txt file, it seems that this is a way to play other games on the said emulator that was in the promo disc. I guess the guide in the text is showing you a way to inject other games onto this emulator.

I don't have a Gamecube or a Wii to test this, but I really wouldn't bother. Reading more of it, sentences like this:
Code: Select all
"With a little more studying from our own spare time, we've come to a conclusion
only mapper 1 games are compatible, leaving hundreds of games incompatible."

It's pretty discouraging and a waste of time. At least in my opinion. There are millions of other ways to emulate NES man. I don't think you need to make this harder than it should be just for the sake of having emulators on the Gamecube.
TheOmikronNomadSoul 7
Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Return to Emulation