Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

PS3 Constantly freezing

Discuss the Sony Playstation 3 here. General discussion, troublshooting, guides and more.

PS3 Constantly freezing

Postby madbuzzin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:51 pm

So i have loaded up my PS3 with about 220 psx/psp/ps2/ps3 games.

In managunz v 1.33 I started favoriting all my shmups... dont know how many I added to the favorites list because now every time I hit triangle to view the "game options" the little mario missle goes and then freezes 2 seconds later resulting in a restart of the system. I am using the flow theme so I can see the box art... < could this theme have something to do with the constant freezing.

I cant remember if I read somewhere about changing some memory function from 64 to 128???
(is this a thing ^^^^)

anyway... I have a tb drive with about 500gb left and now that i have a good amount of games on there my ps3 is freezing CONSTANTLY (never during gameplay, only when either switching to a game or with managunz when I press triangle, webman will fault sometimes too and thats it). In one night i maybe need to restart it 4-5 times (is that normal???)

ps3 and psn games come from 4players, everything else has come from TiZ...

...is it maybe time to switch to rebug or some other firmware?

...is there a drastic difference between rebug and ferrox w/ cobra?

...have I downloaded faulty games that are messing with the managunz?

ALSO MY PS3 IS DUSTY AF COULD THAT BE IT AS WELL?

madbuzzin 3

Re: PS3 Constantly freezing

Postby ryder4life » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:12 pm

I use rebug and never have freezing issues and I even have the 1 internal HDD and 2 external HDDs. I would take it apart and clean that bad boy out. Dust will cause you issues especially overheating

I also don't use managunz whatever that is as multiman works 100% of the time for me.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby duwen » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:33 pm

Yeah, ditto almost everything Ryder said.
...except I do use Managunz (for it's increased PS2 compatibility via custom configs, and some PSP titles that MM doesn't see but MG does), otherwise it's MM all the way for me.

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, NDS,
3DS & N3DS XL, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, SNES Mini/Jr, Neo-Geo CD, Playstation,
Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube (w/ Gameboy Player), Wii, Playstation 3,
Xbox 360, Wii U, Playstation 4 Pro

Computers:
48k Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga A1200, Win PC

Other:
Pandoras Box 4S+, Android devices
duwen 4

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Postby madbuzzin » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:47 pm

Ahh forgot to mention that I changed the fan settings to sysconfig in webman settings... maybe that plus the dust is causing over heating issues... I’ll clean it out this weekend and see if it helps. It also freezes when I “move to fast” and click on a game... I’ve had this ps3 since they came out and my dad and I replaced something in it (to fix the yellow light issue) many years ago... that was the last time it was opened up

madbuzzin 3

Postby Tupakaveli » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:18 am

There is an issue with the cache size in Managunz, hopefully it will be addressed in the next release.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tupakaveli 4

Custom Title: Go Vegan

Return to Playstation 3