Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

PS3 HDD Transfer

Discuss the Sony Playstation 3 here. General discussion, troublshooting, guides and more.

PS3 HDD Transfer

Postby ryder4life » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:27 pm

ok so i already tried posting this question on some ps3 modding sites but got no response, so maybe the experts here know better like always. I have latest rebug/multiman installed. Question i have is is there a way to install pkg files wheter it be ps1 psn games to an external HDD. I use a NTFS HDD i tried manually copying the files but it wouldn't show up. Not sure if it would work on a fat32 HDD external .

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Re: PS3 HDD Transfer

Postby kittyflin » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:23 pm

could be wrong but pkg files have to be installed to internal drive to work,ps1 iso,bin files can be put in a ps1 folder on external,ps2 games also have to be on internal drive or wont work,,possible workaround might be to install then to internal and then use multiman to transfer them to external,,you could convert pkg file to iso then extract the iso to get the game folder which would boot from external,a bit more to it than that but that's the general idea theres tutorials on youtube to convert pkg to bootable iso

kittyflin 5

Postby ryder4life » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 pm

thanks. Looked into that PSN Liberator a go and see how i do.

ryder4life 8

Postby acr250rider » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Ryder since most of the PKG files are associated with a PSN account. ( I know your probably saying, I`m not using this online) its very difficult to get them to work off their native file placement. I have never seen anyone myself, make them work off of external but I`m not saying its impossible. I just saying this is the main obstacle you have to face. I put a 1tb hdd in mine just for mandatory installs and PSN PKG`s. If you figure out please share.

:lovetiz:

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 6

Custom Title: Its all good Bro, Lets just play some games!

Postby ryder4life » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:10 pm

acr250rider wrote:Ryder since most of the PKG files are associated with a PSN account. ( I know your probably saying, I`m not using this online) its very difficult to get them to work off their native file placement. I have never seen anyone myself, make them work off of external but I`m not saying its impossible. I just saying this is the main obstacle you have to face. I put a 1tb hdd in mine just for mandatory installs and PSN PKG`s. If you figure out please share.

:lovetiz:

First game I tried was streets of rage 2. Used psn liberator to make pkg to iso. Put that on external and booted off external just like a ps3 game no issues.

ryder4life 8

Postby XamX » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 am

.pkg files/games need to be installed on the internal HDD.

Some games can be modified to disc-version games so you can put them on your external HDD and have them show up in your MultiMan menu with a nice cover like every other game.

(I did sent you some links of the games I converted myself. Maybe you remember)

XamX 5

Return to Playstation 3