Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

convert psx iso's or .bin/.cue to .pkg file??

Discuss the Sony Playstation 3 here. General discussion, troublshooting, guides and more.

convert psx iso's or .bin/.cue to .pkg file??

Postby madbuzzin » Wed May 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Is this possible? I only see youtube videos on how to turn folders (ps3 games) into pkg files, not psx iso's...

I found a torrent " [PS3] PSX/PS1 Collection [ENG] [Repack] " and it just makes it so convenient to install the ps1 pkg files instead of having to use managunz or multiman to load the game image. Plus, these pkg files go into the ps1 folder in the xmb after installed, so they're organized and neat looking as well.

How did this guy make these pkg files?
Are they ripped from PSN somehow?
Are hey ripped from iso's?
is this something I can do in multiman?

I just wanna install ps1 pkg files of games that i love that arent in this torrent but have NO IDEA how

:lovetiz:

madbuzzin 3

Re: convert psx iso's or .bin/.cue to .pkg file??

Postby ZX81v2 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:29 pm

http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=17748

This thread on PS3hax should help you

They seem to be a form of converted eboot

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby madbuzzin » Wed May 23, 2018 5:01 pm

HELL YEAH! didnt come across that.. I went thru an eboot phase and converted a bunch of eboots i never found a download for... and those are the games i wanna throw onto the ps3!!! will try when i get home

EDIT: just checked the link and the download is a 404 webpage.... damn :(

madbuzzin 3

Postby XamX » Wed May 23, 2018 5:15 pm

Just in case you didn't know -

Converting to a pkg file is only necessary for PS3 SuperSlim users (or for people who want all their games in the PS3 menu).

When you have a CFW on your PS3 (Phat & Slim) you can just put your isos/bins on your HDD and start it from the MultiMan menu like every other game (PS3, PS2, ... and retro stuff)

Spoiler:

^ I myself prefer that very much, I hate having games in the PS3 Menu / XMB

XamX 6

Postby madbuzzin » Wed May 23, 2018 5:28 pm

XamX wrote: you can just put your isos/bins on your HDD and start it from the MultiMan menu

I like the convenience of not having to use multiman.. I am very new to this, but what i have done with my psx iso's (i have only been using iso's right now, can ferrox 4.82 with cobra read bin/cue files? if so, do I only need to load the bin into hd-dev00>psxiso or do i need to load the cue and bin for sound to properly work?) is load them into that dev00 folder and using multiman to load the disc into into xmb where i can play the "virtual disc".

What is that menu feature/program in the spoiler???? saw some snes games and gameboy games in the list... that looks nice

If cobra can read bin files (which i do remember reading somewhere) can they be multi-bin or do they have to be a single bin?

This is a little off topic but i also found a fba retro loader download and that program is fucking sick, but does it play snes, turbogrfx 16 and gensis roms..? Ive tried both .zip files and .gen files and they dont show up on the menu... just curious

madbuzzin 3

Postby XamX » Wed May 23, 2018 5:38 pm

.bin files work but for music files you need to load the .cue file (Ridge Racer 1 for example) like in every other emulator or burning tool on PC.
Check the .cue file of a game you want to play to see if it uses any music files, if not you don't need the .cue and can just put the .bin or .iso on you HDD and play.

You can see the path for every system in the screenshot I posted above.
I haven't played any multidisc PSX games on my PS3 so I can't tell you if can put them into one big file or if you have to have each disc seperately on your HDD.

I only use FBA for arcade games and never bothered to try SNES, NES, GB, MD, MS, GG because for those I have dedicated emulators that start right from the MultiMan menu (as I said, I myself like to have ALL my games in the MultiMan menu and none in the PS3 / XMB menu)

XamX 6

Postby madbuzzin » Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 pm

ok sweet, thanks for that info. So that menu system is a multiman menu? I've only had about 5hrs total to mess around with my system since I unleashed its power and will check that out - maybe watch some more youtube on the subject (theres just so much SHIT on youtube... lots of 12 year olds with high pitched voices, the english video title but the commentary is indian (of course) and then you got the cheap notepad fuckers that make content but dont have a mic?? dafuk? while they blast distorted "edm"??). ANYWAYS..

i am assuming a multi-bin psx game is gonna have music and will require a .cue cuz those bin files are converted wav files if i believe. Ive been using isobuster to extract the raw multi bins to iso format... but its nice to know i dont need to do that if they are a single bin/cue with cobra :lovetiz:

XamX wrote: I have dedicated emulators that start right from the MultiMan menu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DM me and hook a brother up with links to those???

madbuzzin 3

Postby XamX » Wed May 23, 2018 9:56 pm

PM sent

XamX 6

Return to Playstation 3