Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

JTAG/RGH Help

Discuss the Xbox 360 here. General discussion, troublshooting, guides and more.

JTAG/RGH Help

Postby CompDude956 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:25 pm

Hey everyone,
Just want to start out saying sorry for probably sounding like a complete noob to modding... cuz I am completely when it comes to xbox 360. I am pretty good at soldering and stuff so any of that wont be a problem. 8-)

So in my collection of various consoles I have two Xbox 360's... Jasper Phat elite and Trinity Slim. I think I've identified them correctly. By Amperage rating and date manufactured. And specifically on the slim the little HANA chip.

Jasper - I would like to jtag/rgh this one because i really don't care about it much, it's missing the silver dvd drive cover and i found the console in the garbage of one of my neighbors when they moved out about a year ago... Along with a 16.5A Brick. That being said the console still works great and its the 120gb model. Dashboard version: 2.0.17502.0

Trinity - I've had this console for 7yrs now and it was my first 360. the 250gb HDD is almost full if that makes any difference with installing stuff. Dashboard version: 2.0.17511.0.

I would like to do all the modding myself (if it's even possible with these systems), I just don't know what to buy and what tutorial(s) to follow. And obviously I'd like to get it done as CHEAP as possible.

Thank you all in advance for your time dealing with me :lol:

CompDude956 2

Re: JTAG/RGH Help

Postby MasterOfAll » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:40 pm

I'm no expert - but it can be done.

There's a lot more knowledgeable people on here when it comes to the 360. For someone who already knows how to wield a soldering iron, it's not that scary really!

I modded my own Jasper last year. It's the only one I've ever done - and I've long since forgotten what I actually had to do in detail.

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=63150

I'll PM you the guide I followed.

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby crazygamerguy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 pm

the first thing I can tell you is jtag is out of the question. You have to be on dashboard 2.0.7371.0 your gonna have to go rgh. the next thing I can tell you is from my information jaspers are the best boards overall to rgh. I cant give specifics on installing chips but this info I am aware of.

crazygamerguy 3

Postby Gray1579 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:01 pm

I have never done a Jasper but I have a Trinity. The ACE V3 chip is probably the cheapest around and works very well. Weekend modder has a great page with complete video on RGH a Trinity. He also sells Ace V3 and other things you might need. He will also preprogram the Ace V3 for a Trinity if you ask him to. I have dealt with him several times and have had no problems. Be sure and watch the entire video so you know what your doing.

Reguards

https://store.weekendmodder.com/index.p ... uct_id=147

Gray1579 3

Postby CompDude956 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm

MasterOfAll wrote:I'm no expert - but it can be done.

There's a lot more knowledgeable people on here when it comes to the 360. For someone who already knows how to wield a soldering iron, it's not that scary really!

I modded my own Jasper last year. It's the only one I've ever done - and I've long since forgotten what I actually had to do in detail.

http://theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=63150

I'll PM you the guide I followed.

I just read your post on TiZ you linked there and i gotta say that does look like a pretty clean job you did there. Congrats on that. I've been soldering since i was like 7 doing little projects with my dad so i've got over half my life knowing how to use an iron lol. But i see you used an older dash and then updated to a newer one once you were already RGH'd. my problem is i have not seen a specific tutorial on the new updated 17502 dash. i hear that it works the same as the older dash as long as i do a RGH 1.2 mod i'll get decent boot times also. But i'm not sure.

Btw with your hard drive situation... I have a 2.5" HDD case for my slim (the black shell around the hard drive) and have either a 40gb or 60gb HITACHI Drive in it that works just fine. I might actually try to get a 1tb drive to put in there and transfer all my junk to IT.

I found this tutorial http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... -homebrew/
And this https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/thread ... y.1349194/

Gray1579 wrote:I have never done a Jasper but I have a Trinity.

I would like to do my trinity but again i want to go the safest and cheapest route, but i still want to do all the programming and stuff myself. I may just have to go with the ACE V3 and have "Weekend Modder" preprogram the chip because NAND-X's are ridiculously expensive for me. I don't want to spend $40 on something i really only need to use once or twice and then have it sitting around.

CompDude956 2

Postby kittyflin » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:48 pm

mod the jasper rgh only,they glitch the quickest,,check ebay out for a cheap matrix glitcher and nand programmer,about 8 quid for both,work just as well as the executer j runner

kittyflin 5

Postby Tupakaveli » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:34 pm

I've done both Jasper and Trinity.

You can RGH on any dash, all you need is the dash files for JRunner. I don't have the 17511 dash files though so I usually put the console on 17509, RGH it then use Simple 360 NAND Flasher to put it on 17511.

For the Jasper you're right, RGH 1.2 is what you want to do. It will be almost instant boot. For the Trinity you'll do an RGH 2 and it will take a bit longer to boot. You can mess around with it and reduce the boot times though.

I use the Coolrunner Rev C clones, you can get them for $6 - $7 on eBay, comes with the wires for Fat or Slim. I had a look at those Matrix clones, haven't used one but it looks like they don't come with wires. It's my understanding that the lengths of your wires matter. The only bad thing I've found with the Coolrunner Rev C clone is the CPU_RST wire can be a bit touchy because the genuine one used a shielded cable where the clone doesn't. You can just move it around until you get it into a position where nothing is interfering with it or replace it with a shielded cable.

To program the chips you can get a JR-Programmer V2 clone on eBay for $26, it replaced the NAND-X. I have a genuine one myself, think I paid around $40 for it.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tupakaveli 3

Custom Title: Go Vegan

Postby CompDude956 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:02 am

kittyflin wrote:mod the jasper rgh only,they glitch the quickest,,check ebay out for a cheap matrix glitcher and nand programmer,about 8 quid for both,work just as well as the executer j runner

What Matrix Glitcher Version do I need? What kind of NAND Programmer should I get? I do have a plethora of old computers with Parallel ports so I was thinking on doing it that way, but I hear it takes like an hour (not the problem, I got as much time as I need) and that it can be tricky to get two successful good reads on the NAND. Again I want this as cheap as it can be but still reliable. At least in a sense of not trashing the board. I don't mind having to wait a minute for the Xbox to boot.

I saw on one instructable guide someone said something about removing a resistor or capacitor somewhere if my avatar is just a black silhouette. Also by removing the resistor I can avoid a console brick from Microsoft blowing fuses?? Is that really a thing!? I'd like to be able to go on xbox live sometimes even tho everyone has upgraded to Xbox one. Although I think I would need a dual boot NAND for that to work. And I don't think that's a cheap chip if I can find one.

CompDude956 2

Postby CompDude956 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:31 pm

So i have decided that i will buy a knock-off JR-Programmer V2, and both the CoolRunner Rev. C (for the Jasper) and X360 ACE V3 (in case i decide to do my Trinity a bit later). If and when i do decide to RGH my Trinity a Dual NAND chip like the Xecuter DemoN so i can still use it for live without risking a brick.

I will be doing most of work on the consoles in my school's robotics club so i figured i might as well just do both of them so it gives me something to do while I'm there after school. Last year i barely had any projects going on. I was just helping everyone else out with their drones and smart watches and stuff.

Anyways... Thank you for the advice on what to do with these Xboxes! There is so much mixed information here on the webs and I was just so confused :lol:

I will be posting an update after i complete one of the consoles. Who knows maybe I'll do some more "custom" mods to 'em ;)

CompDude956 2

Return to Xbox 360