Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake GameStop Exclusive

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake GameStop Exclusive

Postby zombiegauze » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:45 am

Thought you could get away from the Resident Evil 2 madness at Comic-Con? Think again! Capcom has unveiled the GameStop exclusive RE2 Remake Collector’s Edition. Retailing for $199.99, the collector’s edition at Comic-Con is the North American version, with the European version being unveiled next month.

But enough talking. What’s in it!?

-Resident Evil 2 Deluxe Edition – Includes the full game, special Deluxe packaging, and extra DLC Pack card

-Leon S. Kennedy (R.P.D. Version) Figure – An expertly-crafted 12-inch figure of Leon on his first day in his new RPD police uniform, re-created to mirror his in-game design down to the smallest details. A must-have for any Resident Evil fan or collector!

-“Ben’s File” Art Book – A 32-page book left behind by Ben Bertolucci, a freelance journalist who makes an appearance in Resident Evil 2. This file contains photos and files documenting events after the Raccoon City tragedy, and was filed away as a highly confidential document by the U.S. government. It’s never been seen by the public… until now.

-Digital Soundtrack – A voucher code for a 25-track album featuring new songs from the remake of Resident Evil 2, as well as a selection of arrangements from the original game.

-“R.P.D.” Renovation Design Poster – A diagram reminiscent of blueprints, this poster illustrates how the building was renovated and transformed from a museum to a police facility when work was being done on the building in 1969.

You can preorder it here for Xbox One, and here for PlayStation 4.

In addition, Capcom have also shown off a cross-promotional piece with Harley-Davidson Motorcycles, showing a new-look Claire on her Harley. You’re probably asking why Claire looks so different, whereas Leon has, apart from his facelift, looks pretty similar to his original appearance in 1998. Funny you should ask, as Capcom have released a statement about the change:

“The team had quite a bit of discussion on how to design her new look, and how much of it should retain her appearance from the original PlayStation Resident Evil 2. Ultimately, the team decided on an appearance that would line up with the iconic scene of Claire entering Raccoon City on her motorcycle. The team is extremely happy with her final design, and hope you all enjoy it as well!”

The Resident Evil 2 Remake hits PlayStation 4, PC and Xbox One January 25th, 2019.

-------------

Personally I think this is WAY overpriced and I'm not a fan of Gamestop really.

Let the comments begin :)

MODDED XBOX'S with 2TB/3TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games, including 400+ Xbox Games are for SALE!!!

If you are INTERESTED in BUYING a MODDED Xbox from me, Please send me a private message (PM) or visit the (Marketplace here) and see what I have or ZOMBIEGAUZE@YAHOO.COM

Each 2TB/3TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games, Ninja Massive, Custom Cases and much more...

See My Seller Feedback here
My Uploads
zombiegauze 8

Custom Title: I ❤ Retro Gaming

Re: Capcom Reveals Resident Evil 2 Remake GameStop Exclusive

Postby sasapinjic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:29 am

My opinion on overpriced games are already known here, so i will restrict my self to comment not well thought team statement :
"The team is extremely happy with her(Claire) final design, and hope you all enjoy it as well!”

Thank you team, i to wuld certanly be happy to enjoy her ! :lol:

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby CBThatGuy » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Meh... I think Dead Space 2 is the last time I ever paid extra for a special edition. I just wanted the plasma cutter flashlight gun.

Atari 2600
NES, SNES (Everdrive), SupaBoy, Wii (softmod), WiiU
Sega Nomad, Genesis (Everdrive), Dreamcast
Playstation 1 (chipped), 2 (HDLoader), 3 & 4
Xbox (Xecuter 3), Xbox 360 (drive mod)
Game Boy Color, PSP (CFW), PSTV, & DS (Acekard2i), 3DS (modded)
Turbografx 16 (Everdrive)
CBThatGuy 5

Postby Berzerk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Worst generation in console history this just proves it with remakes and overpriced special editions this gen in the consoles just makes me sick anymore.

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby wakinafuf » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:58 pm

only ultimate tools buy that kind of overpriced collector shits. who would give 200 bucks to those assholes of Crapcom ? people needing heavy guidance.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby Berzerk » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:14 pm

This is for certain you can count on not getting your money back that you shell out for the limited edition garbage. When you try to resell it in the future. Better off buying a crate of original RE 2 games.

Berzerk 6

Custom Title: Go home and play with your Amiibos

Postby ISO_Ninja » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:45 pm

Only $199....?!?!

Better get two, I'm NOT sharing with Kaitlyn!

ISO_Ninja 3

Postby ryder4life » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 pm

wakinafuf wrote:only ultimate tools buy that kind of overpriced collector shits. who would give 200 bucks to those assholes of Crapcom ? people needing heavy guidance.

I never buy collectors editions. I'm thinking about it as I bought RE2 for do many systems. To me it's only 200 that's nothing. I make good money so I might do it.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby Dildo_Schwaggins » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 am

Appears to be some RE4 style remake with the main appeal being a hot chick on a motorcycle.
Perhaps just play RE4 or the original RE2

Dildo_Schwaggins 5

Postby Jackisme » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:22 pm

199.99 Fuck you Capcom never pre order the only thing you get from pre order is a big Dick in your mouth

Jackisme 2

Postby Alucasan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

Damn...and GameStop is gone from my city in Sweden. Exclusives..are sucky. :twisted:

"You brought a knife to a gunfight" -Darksuited Man, The Punisher Movie
Alucasan Newbie

Custom Title: Joker

Return to General Gaming Chat