Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Amazon is going "just launched" nuts!

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Amazon is going "just launched" nuts!

Postby EarthwormJames » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:53 am

Just launched sellers are spamming up Amazon with extremely low prices on games and other products. I don't want to link to them and encourage whatever the heck they are doing, but look for yourself at 3ds Dragon Quest 7 and 8 right now, if you want an example.

$50 games for $7 new. And here's the weird part, often from sellers with good ratings going back years. So they must have worked those accounts for years for this. And doing this with hundreds of other products at the same time. Just to screw with Amazon?

Why would they do this? Anyone got a clue? Amazon is working overtime to cancel accounts, as more pop up. Weird.

BTW, don't buy because your order will just be canceled as Amazon cancels their account. I've seen this happen on other boards.

Edit: See...
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums ... 0&tstart=0

EarthwormJames 4

Custom Title: Lumbricus Extraterrestris

Re: Amazon is going "just launched" nuts!

Postby Veliantx » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:12 am

Well I know a lot of sellers have so much inventory they can't manually adjust their prices on every product. They actually rely on programs to adjust their prices based on other items so maybe the overall goal is to lower the prices on legitimate items? The algorithms those programs use have been responsible for some very weird pricing in the past. Check out this article about a $23 million text book caused by them lol.

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358

Spoiler:
Veliantx 3

Postby ryder4life » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:14 am

ive been told on another website that its a scam involving getting your information and even to the point where they will message you saying their was an issue with your card or they were confirming the card you use to try to phish you out of your CC or address

ryder4life 7

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby SerialBox » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:42 am

The fact the sellers have good ratings makes it sound like hackers took over the account. I don't know how likely that is as I don't sells stuff on Amazon or know anything about their security measures but that's what it sounds like. Ryder's report of them trying to get your credit card details fits with that.

SerialBox Newbie

Postby Gamer1981 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:15 am

Veliantx wrote:Well I know a lot of sellers have so much inventory they can't manually adjust their prices on every product. They actually rely on programs to adjust their prices based on other items so maybe the overall goal is to lower the prices on legitimate items? The algorithms those programs use have been responsible for some very weird pricing in the past. Check out this article about a $23 million text book caused by them lol.

http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=358

That's hilarious!

Gamer1981 Newbie

Postby RELENTLESS » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm

SerialBox wrote:The fact the sellers have good ratings makes it sound like hackers took over the account. I don't know how likely that is as I don't sells stuff on Amazon or know anything about their security measures but that's what it sounds like. Ryder's report of them trying to get your credit card details fits with that.

As someone with a lot of behind the scenes experience with Amazon, I can assure you that if it is fake, it removed and dealt with. Amazon prides itself on integrity down to each and every individual working for them. They prioritize sellers based on reviews and the instances of fake items is extremely short lived and few and far between. Virtually non existent to the mass of people who regularly use Amazon every week.

Everyone loves a good deal. When you dont like the product you can send it back lol.
If you dont get your product you get your money back.

To understand who are behind the accounts in the posting from Amazon forums that you presented id have to investigate more.

But those accounts are apparently no longer available for investigation.

RELENTLESS 2

Postby EarthwormJames » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Look at 3ds Dragon Quest 7 & 8 right now. And things are changing on Amazon. They've been allowing counterfeit items to stay, see yeti ramblers. Most sellers blame their outsourcing of customer service.

As an Amazon seller, I've definitely been tangled in this a few times. Some guy that couldn't speak English kept harassing me about my seller account. And he even worked for Amazon, LOL.

What's happening now looks like a mass attack on Amazon. Someone spent a lot of time plotting this out. Very well organized.

EarthwormJames 4

Custom Title: Lumbricus Extraterrestris

Postby SleepyFist » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 pm

On De La Jet Set Radio of all things, this is absurd, I just wanna go look at things I can't afford without robots making a mockery of the system.

SleepyFist 2

Return to General Gaming Chat