Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

MMO Games will Never go retro

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

MMO Games will Never go retro

Postby pirate_tar » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:56 am

What are your thoughts on MMO games?
--
Which ones have you played?
Were they any good?
Any recomendations?
Let's discuss games? MMO= Massive Multi-player Online(they never will be retro)
----
I've played Crossfire FPS 5plus years (I gave up) (Surrendered)(Rank Lt.Colonel)
Pros:
Nice guns, sets, graphics, sounds, and community
Cons:
intense cheating, hacking,glitches that are never fixed, bad players never banned!
Aimbots, and lots of other cheats, a kick system for players, you will be kicked if you score too high (best player), or too low (bad lag)or(bad player), or because your car is parked in the street. :lol:
----Team play----Clans----
Un-offical-rules:
1. I shot You First (your bullet just vanished)(it was fired)
2. Jumping through doorways is your best bet on defeating an enemy, you can do it faster than I can pull the trigger on my gun (Thompson .45 cal-60round clip), and by jumping you can avoid any hits from a Sub-Machine Gun with 60 rounds spraying all around you, give me a break! :x
3. Sniper Rifles rule....Period; Scopes can see anything, no blurring, very good at all ranges including very close to the target, one shot kills, give me a break! :x
4. Pistols also have great range, and are so accurate you have no need to pull the triger on one. :lol:
5. Totaally a kids game! No recoil, bad physics.
6. It's about the money! Pear pressure to have the best gadgets cost, and you just have to have them. So the game is free, the stuff in not. PAY UP !

Battlefield 1942 Online (2 years)
Pros:
Nice maps, weapons, planes, game play
Cons:
Who ever controlls the ships and planes wins (unrealistic)Planes have 15 bombs, Really? :x
Also many cheaters. (hacks)

War Thunder (2years)
Air War
Tank War
and soon Sea War
Pros:
Great graphics, fair game play, nice equipment for a free game
Con:
Host lies telling everyone that this game cannot be hacked. Russian owned game.
Therefor Russians have the best of everything and dominate every where.
Yak9 fighters that can turn on a dime, and blast you away!
IS-2 Tanks with 122mm guns (same thing, I shot you first, my gun is the biggest)
Not historial at all, Battle rating system is flawed badly. So it's crap again. :lol:

I could play Harpoon for hours with a lot of fun.
Mule, on the C64 was very fun, even with four players (MM offline) :D

So what do you think? I shot you this subject first! :mrgreen:

pirate_tar 6

Re: MMO Games will Never go retro

Postby Kvothe » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:28 am

Not a big fan of them honestly, although I can see the appeal they might have for some people. Tried both Guild Wars games (bought Guild Wars 2 on launch) and while they were fun for a while, I just stopped playing them afterwards. I figured that if games like Guild Wars, which are top of the line MMO games, can not hold my attention, then the genre is simply not for me.

Kvothe 3

Postby sasapinjic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:48 am

Nearly all MMO games are "pay to win" or spend months in try to do varius shits and tasks (usually very bring) to get best equpment/weapons/gadgets, cheaters are all over the place, and "glitches" tends to drag for months or more. Players are generaly nice with only 1/10 of them shows as assholes/dumbasses, but that 10% is enough to ruin game for rest of players. Retro multiplayer games will alwais be superior for mere fact that when some dumbass bothers you or cheat when you play with him, you can alwais kick him out of your house (or just kick his ass literally lol) and in MMO you have to live with his crap. :mrgreen:

New Members read me
Newbie PC games installation guide
my Finds
myUPLOADS
sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Postby 6gunn » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:22 am

I don't play online much anymore.
Like you said, too many cheaters and A-holes.
Was playing a deer hunter game online.
Some yahoo kept shooting all the other hunters.
I gave up.
Battlefield 1942? - Never again.
I don't cheat, YOU shouldn't cheat either.

6gunn 6

Custom Title: catwacker

Postby kremiso » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:34 am

Not a fan at all of MMO games (already said from others the motivations)
BUT i remember with pleasure the time passed with Phantasy Star Online Dreamcast
It was EPIC and FUN !

kremiso 5

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby ZX81v2 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:47 am

I remember finding a NULL Server for World Of Warcraft... (First game) Basically it had the server software but it was offline as such... One player WoW is not fun....
But it had access to ADMIN controls, which made it a lot simpler, but more boring...

PS2 (Phat) + Network Adapter + SATA Bridge + 2TB HDD = Insanity+1 !
Wanna Know More > theisozone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=49420&hilit=+sata

FreeMCBoot Installer - OPL 0.8/9 + HDL0.8c
Game Compatibility Checker. WinHIIP User
ZX81v2's MAME/ARCADE Thread Here
FreeMCBoot Install Service "UK" Thread HERE
MY PS2 OPL 0.8 HDD Game Compatibility List Click Here 100% Safe

Latest MESS/MAME Roms : Retroroms.info < NEW SITE !

ImageImageImageImage

If you are/WERE a PS2 Developer please check PS2Home out !
Designed & (C)2013-2017 by ZX81v2
ZX81v2 Moderator

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Postby wakinafuf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:56 pm

long ago, but not in a galaxy far far away.... i played Dark Age of Camelot and Everquest, those MMO were a revolution to me in pc gaming. i paused because i was giving too much time for them. next i tried World of Warcraft, it was dull shitty and a fucking clone of Everquest only played that crap for one month.
not long after that, like 2006/2007, i discovered the ultimate MMO ever : City of Heroes (and a year later City of Villains), your character customisation was incredible, you had no fuckin thousands of armor pieces to loot and repair, your choice of power pools were doing all the work already, you were in a fuckin universe worthy of its marvel/dc counterpart. all players were mature adults and anime/naruto weeaboos were kicked without mercy. i played in a roleplaying "guild" and we had tons of fun (i got to rp batman, the joker,several avengers, i also played tokusatsu heroes like kamen riders... i played this MMO until the very last second in 2012, when those korean monkeys of NCSoft closed all servers to get more for Guild Wars 2 (despite CoH/CoV was bringing them several millions of income each year). and yeah now i'm boycotting those inbred bastards. (all my hate goes to NC, not the general korean population)

since 2012 i tried a good lot of MMO, chinese and other koreans F2P (P2W) but none was able to satisfy me. all dull and crappy.
but there is a light of hope, a good lot of ex CoH-CoV have launched their own resurection project called City of Titans, it's still only on an alpha stage, but it's really promising. i truly hope this project will go to its final stages so i can once again appreciate a good MMO.

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 4

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby bladeslide » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:50 pm

6gunn wrote:
Was playing a deer hunter game online.
Some yahoo kept shooting all the other hunters.

LOL :lol: That's just too funny, that's probably something I would do if I played that game. Kind of like the South Park episode where the parents figure out how to play Minecraft and just go around killing each other

MMO Games can be fun, but you spend all that money and can never really sell those games after you're done, or even play them once the servers are offline.

It's just stupid how gaming has gotten nowadays, games that have no replay value or that you can't even play if you wanted to because they drop support and servers.

bladeslide 3

Postby XamX » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:59 pm

I hate and loathe MMOs.

XamX 4

Postby duwen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:51 pm

I disagree that they could 'never become retro'. While it's true that anything that is still supported by it's developers (even if it first launched more than a decade ago) couldn't ever be considered 'retro', I'd argue that some of the long-dead MMO's that have been ressurected by dedicated fans could possibly be considered retro.
I used to play Star Wars Galaxies about 15 years ago; the plugs were officially pulled on the servers a long time ago, but there are currently at least two different projects (one that ressurects the game in it's 'pre-CU' glory, and another that replicates the 'NGE' version) with live servers provided by the teams responsible.
Similarly, there are a variety of projects for PSO depending on what platform you want to play on.

duwen 3

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Postby goat813 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:35 pm

I play vanilla WOW which is pretty fun and setup on private servers. I just can't justify paying a monthly fee for a game I'll pick up and play for a few hours a month. I do like the newer version with all the added races/classes but I also like playing a MMO for free :lol: I don't think any of blizzards games are going anywhere for awhile.

Xbox S/N SpiderGoat813
Playstation S/N SpiderGoat1984
Steam S/N SpiderGoat813 add me and lets play some games!
goat813 6

Postby sasapinjic » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Some MMO may be retro tough , check this out , it wuld be cool to play it on PS2 huh ?

New Members read me
Newbie PC games installation guide
my Finds
myUPLOADS
sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(LightningBoltScumbag)

Postby UnholyArceus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:20 pm

they have a pokemon MMO that was not taken down yet.

my little drug Buddy.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: smoking heroin day by day to I DIE!!

Postby pirate_tar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for your comments guys! 8-)

pirate_tar 6

Return to General Gaming Chat