Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES/NES Classic Ed.

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES/NES Classic Ed.

Postby zombiegauze » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:09 am

More units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly.

Due to incredible demand for the upcoming Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, Nintendo plans to ship the retro-inspired product into 2018. Originally, shipments were announced to cease at the end of this calendar year.

In addition, more units of Super NES Classic Edition will ship on its Sept. 29 launch day in the U.S. than were shipped of NES Classic Edition all last year, with subsequent shipments arriving in stores regularly. Fans have shown their unbridled enthusiasm for these Classic Edition systems, so Nintendo is working to put many more of them on store shelves.

The Super NES Classic Edition system features 21 legendary Super NES games such as Super Mario World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Metroid. Launching on Sept. 29 at a suggested retail price of only $79.99, Super NES Classic Edition plugs directly into the TV using the provided HDMI cable, and comes with two wired controllers. For more information about Super NES Classic Edition, visit http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classic.

Next summer, Nintendo will also bring back the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system with new shipments. More information about the timing of the return of NES Classic Edition will be announced in the future.

NES Classic Edition features 30 classic NES games such as the original Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda and Donkey Kong. For more information about NES Classic Edition, visit http://www.nintendo.com/nes-classic/.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170912005798/en/

CUSTOM XBOXS FOR SALE w/ 2TB Hard Drives and over 25,000+ Arcade/Console Games Included including 100 Xbox Games

Each 2TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games and Premium 8 Massive

My Uploads
Buy a custom Xbox here
zombiegauze 7

Custom Title: I ♥ MODDED XBOXs

Re: Nintendo Increases Inventory of Super NES/NES Classic Ed

Postby Berzerk » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:52 am

Go figure close to Christmas. Year 2 for toy of the year for Christmas.

Berzerk 3

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby drpepperdude » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:46 am

I'm still waiting on the N64 Classic :lol:

drpepperdude 2

Custom Title: Kamehameha

Postby amiga1200 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

trying to be objective in response here, but nintendo have a NASTY habit of shagging the userbase and alienating them in the same breath........of the damn wild!
it's been said before by countless others, anybody say SCALPER?
one hand it doesn't affect the boomer/generation-x lot, they have the original deal (or make do with emus) and the spark in their/OUR eyes has died, we demand perfection first time around.
that caters to a new generation just on the edge of the gulf, faded memories of what snes is really like.
can't say i'll get one, just a krikzz job or sd2snes. :mrgreen:

:(
Spoiler:
THIS ACCOUNT IS COMMITTED TO REACTOR COOLANT PURGE!
YOU HAVE ONE MINUTE TO ABANDON SHIP!
THE SHIP WILL AUTOMATICALLY DESTRUCT IN T-1 MINUTE!
amiga1200 13

Custom Title: banned

Postby NoMention » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:12 pm

Had Nintendo teleased these like 5 or 7 years ago they would probably havr been worldwide hits. With Krikzz releasing his flash cartridge and the emu support on the Pi2 and Pi3, I don't really see ehy anyone would go out and buy this. You either already have the original console or you put together a RetroPie. What I like about the RetroPie route is that I have a single place to play many different systems. Only 1 HDMI port needed and I still get high quality graphic resolutions. You can put together a RetroPie with 32GB storage that can play thousands of games for the price of one SNES classic that plays only a select set of games, albeit good ones. And you can probably assume that Nintendo learned their lession from the NES classic such that it will not be easy to custom load roms to it to change or extend the game selection. I suspect with the rerelease of the NES classic that this loophole will also be fixed.

NoMention 3

Postby PlayDoh003 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:21 pm

I believe it when I can walk into a store and just pick one up without camping out, or competing against bots online, or getting into fist-fights with people for one...

That being said, I think the greatest appeal to many for these is that a) they're authentic products, particularly in the way that the controllers feel. Most USB replica conbtrollers that are available usually feel like they might fall apart in your hand, and b) It's not second nature for absolutely everyone to just get a Raspberry Pi and get RetroPie up and running on it, and you can be sure that even fewer people know that EverDrives exist. These Classic consoles are truly a Plug N Play solution for the masses that want to relive the memories of their childhood.

PlayDoh003 5

Postby VoodooVincent » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:24 pm

NoMention wrote:Had Nintendo teleased these like 5 or 7 years ago they would probably havr been worldwide hits. With Krikzz releasing his flash cartridge and the emu support on the Pi2 and Pi3, I don't really see ehy anyone would go out and buy this. You either already have the original console or you put together a RetroPie. What I like about the RetroPie route is that I have a single place to play many different systems. Only 1 HDMI port needed and I still get high quality graphic resolutions. You can put together a RetroPie with 32GB storage that can play thousands of games for the price of one SNES classic that plays only a select set of games, albeit good ones. And you can probably assume that Nintendo learned their lession from the NES classic such that it will not be easy to custom load roms to it to change or extend the game selection. I suspect with the rerelease of the NES classic that this loophole will also be fixed.

Collection purposes, the emulator used - at least the one on the NES Classis - is pretty great, the UI is really nice, it's cute, it's official Nintendo hardware unlike the crappy third-party made Sega plug & play consoles, it can be hacked to add other ROMs if it's like the NES Classic - which it probably will be since it is charged w/ USB & can be connected to a PC.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Postby steven1977 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Berzerk wrote:Go figure close to Christmas. Year 2 for toy of the year for Christmas.

Not for me. I bought all the games I wanted on the SNES from either ebay or CEX so Ive literally no interest in a mini or Classic SNES. The real machine will always be better.

steven1977 5

Postby rodion » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:29 pm

NoMention wrote:Had Nintendo teleased these like 5 or 7 years ago they would probably havr been worldwide hits. With Krikzz releasing his flash cartridge and the emu support on the Pi2 and Pi3, I don't really see ehy anyone would go out and buy this. You either already have the original console or you put together a RetroPie. What I like about the RetroPie route is that I have a single place to play many different systems. Only 1 HDMI port needed and I still get high quality graphic resolutions. You can put together a RetroPie with 32GB storage that can play thousands of games for the price of one SNES classic that plays only a select set of games, albeit good ones. And you can probably assume that Nintendo learned their lession from the NES classic such that it will not be easy to custom load roms to it to change or extend the game selection. I suspect with the rerelease of the NES classic that this loophole will also be fixed.

Yeah, when people see this in the stores, they say "I will just buy a Rasperry Pi, find and install emulators on it, and then I will go to random web pages and download ROMS for my kid and then 3D print a case I will design myself in AutoCAD". Buying something in a store and be done with it is just a bit more convenient, don't you think ?

rodion 3

Postby chickenwings247 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

I hope not lol I want to be able to load that baby up with a ton of games lol

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
PS2 stock
xbox original softmodded with unleashx
xbox 360 stock
xbox one stock
psp 3000 cfw 6.61 pro-c
ds original with r4 card
n64 stock
2 gba sp 001
New 3ds Mario Black Edtion

Consoles I want
Spoiler:
dreamcast
ps1
sega genesis

Spoiler:
go here for your video game soundtracks https://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=1735493
chickenwings247 4

Custom Title: iwishiwasntsobroke

Postby UnholyArceus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

if only flash carts and retro systems were not so damn pricey...

my little drug Buddy.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: smoking heroin day by day to I DIE!!

Postby Domspun » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:14 am

I just want the controllers for my WiiU! :P

Domspun 5

Postby VoodooVincent » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:31 pm

UnholyArceus wrote:if only flash carts and retro systems were not so damn pricey...

I've primarily bought cheap flash carts and they've been fine. I bought that EverDrive64 clone called the ED64Plus (around $60) and it plays every single game I've thrown at it. No way I'm paying $200+ for a flash cart. Krikzz has his people who will go around the internet and swear off clones, say that they're trash, etc., and while they may not have as good of a build quality, I have never had any issues with the clones in the years I've used them. And since you can put every N64 game on an 8GB SD card, there's no reason to put wear and tear on it by taking it in and out of your console.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Postby steven1977 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:00 pm

If this type of thing is only a one off and they wont ever make a 2nd edition why not make it a near complete romset?

steven1977 5

Postby UnholyArceus » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:42 pm

VoodooVincent wrote:
UnholyArceus wrote:if only flash carts and retro systems were not so damn pricey...

I've primarily bought cheap flash carts and they've been fine. I bought that EverDrive64 clone called the ED64Plus (around $60) and it plays every single game I've thrown at it. No way I'm paying $200+ for a flash cart. Krikzz has his people who will go around the internet and swear off clones, say that they're trash, etc., and while they may not have as good of a build quality, I have never had any issues with the clones in the years I've used them. And since you can put every N64 game on an 8GB SD card, there's no reason to put wear and tear on it by taking it in and out of your console.

i would like the sega genesis one that can play rom hack of MK.

https://everdrive.online/collections/sega-genesis-mega-drive/products/mega-everdrive-x7-cartridge-sega-genesis

i'll be damned if i can find it cheap.

my little drug Buddy.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: smoking heroin day by day to I DIE!!

Return to General Gaming Chat