Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

destiny 2 prestige raid rant

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

destiny 2 prestige raid rant

Postby kolbjoey1 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:22 am

So the prestige raid came out today and i became ticked off because bungie has made it insanely hard. After I started the first encounter, the mechanics of the game which we figured out quickly we noticed that it was way harder than any challenge that was in destiny 1. I still cant figure out why would they do this, why would they make it so hard that literally the top 1% of players would have to carry the raid team. Im fairly good at destiny, i dont think that it fair for year one players to be forced to carry the not so good destiny players. some of the new mechanics are just down right stupid 8 dogs for example at pleasure gardens, two people are going to have to kill a extra dog in the worst case of the run. For God sake bungie said Destiny 2 was supposed to be this game that anyone could play and enjoy. At this point it isn't what they promised and I deleted the game only to have remorse and re download it, but i only downloaded again because i bought the next 2 dlc. My question for you all is what are your thoughts on the game? It is my belief that this will be the last game because of poor management by bungie and their lying. I dont think i will be buying the next batch of dlc.

kolbjoey1 3

Custom Title: Modder

Re: destiny 2 prestige raid rant

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 am

Wow already DLC for the game huh? Destiny 1 all over again. A repetitive, eye candy, grind fest that gives nothing back to the player but a big L for buying the game in the first place. Not surprised at all. Oh yeah and micro-transactions are the tip of the ice berg. Activision at it's finest.

Seriously, I really hate this generation of gaming. Still some good AAA titles out there, but I feel it's now the job of indie devs to carry the torch of gaming. At least fun comes in mind first then profit for them.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 6

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby Biggsy666 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 am

TheOmikronNomadSoul wrote:Wow already DLC for the game huh? Destiny 1 all over again. A repetitive, eye candy, grind fest that gives nothing back to the player but a big L for buying the game in the first place. Not surprised at all. Oh yeah and micro-transactions are the tip of the ice berg. Activision at it's finest.

Seriously, I really hate this generation of gaming. Still some good AAA titles out there, but I feel it's now the job of indie devs to carry the torch of gaming. At least fun comes in mind first then profit for them.

Absofuckinglutely spot on.

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My custom Console Projects
Biggsy666 9

Postby Hayabusa » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Its not that hard i think you exaggerate too much here.
The normal mode raid was pretty hard too in the beginning but not anymore after a few weeks of raiding.
This is why the new raid is called PRESTIGE mode. If you cant handle it you can still play NORMAL mode.

And this is exactly why they nerve stuff and make the game easier for the "casual player".
Cause people bitch about it on the internet but they actually just suck at the game.
If you dont like it then you are free to play something else. Nobody is forcing you to play.

And there is NO micro-transaction gamebreaking stuff in Destiny.
Do your actual research first before you sound like a complete ignorant.
Its only for getting some cosmetics that you can also get without paying but its all about random drops and luck. Even if you buy a package its still about randomness.
Imo D2 is a good sequel to D1. But people just like to complain easily these days when they just suck at a game or dont actually try to learn something new.

Hayabusa 5

Postby 607jf » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:49 pm

I'm gonna sound old but. I'm not mad just disappointed. Honestly from the trailers me and my friend thought it would rival borderlands 2. But it came out and it was just more of the same. While my friend is fine with it. It will never be borderlands 3 and I just have to give up on borderlands 3 heck gearbox couldn't even do it with the pre-sequal.

607jf 4

Postby kolbjoey1 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:33 am

Hayabusa wrote:Its not that hard i think you exaggerate too much here.
The normal mode raid was pretty hard too in the beginning but not anymore after a few weeks of raiding.
This is why the new raid is called PRESTIGE mode. If you cant handle it you can still play NORMAL mode.

And this is exactly why they nerve stuff and make the game easier for the "casual player".
Cause people bitch about it on the internet but they actually just suck at the game.
If you dont like it then you are free to play something else. Nobody is forcing you to play.

And there is NO micro-transaction gamebreaking stuff in Destiny.
Do your actual research first before you sound like a complete ignorant.
Its only for getting some cosmetics that you can also get without paying but its all about random drops and luck. Even if you buy a package its still about randomness.
Imo D2 is a good sequel to D1. But people just like to complain easily these days when they just suck at a game or dont actually try to learn something new.

If it’s such a good game why have 500,000 people quit playing the game. Just about everybody has complained about the new mode and the only people that haven’t complained about it are the streamers that bungie pay to support there game

kolbjoey1 3

Custom Title: Modder

Postby Biggsy666 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:04 pm

500,000 people probably realised the whole games shit and always has been :lol:

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My custom Console Projects
Biggsy666 9

Postby UnholyArceus » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:02 pm

what i think of this gen i have friends on my friend list and they don't want to play anything with me. what a bunch of bull shit i call right there.

(then again it's hard with my RL issue right here)

this is what needs to happen to gamestop.
UnholyArceus 9

Custom Title: i'm getting mugged by gamestop.

Return to General Gaming Chat