Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

One game you wanted to enjoy but couldn't

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

One game you wanted to enjoy but couldn't

Postby VoodooVincent » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I was so excited for this game. As someone who loved SA1, I was happy to see this return to that formula. While there were some things that I liked about this game, it lacked polish in every important area. From bugs & glitches, to imprecise controls, to constant loading screens, to a camera that got hung up on environment geometry, to an awful checkpoint system which is unforgivable in a game as broken as this one can be, etc., it just became a chore to play. This is SA3 in many ways, which is a real shame, IMO. There's a decent game here but it's buried beneath a multitude of game-breaking issues that suck the fun right out of it.

We won, maggle! #MAGA
VoodooVincent 6

Re: One game you wanted to enjoy but couldn't

Postby Berzerk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Fall Out 4. Pretty much a copy and paste of Fall Out 3 just in a different region. Boring fetch quests. Bad rewards for quests. Re-used bosses and Characters. DLC was not worth the money. The constant this settlement need protected or is under attack garbage. Felt bored and unfulfilled doing anything.

Last edited by Berzerk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berzerk 4

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby Biggsy666 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Resident Evil 5 - I really wanted it to be great and it was terrible imo, was gutted after spending all that cash on a game to find it was such a let down. One of the few games i have purchased when it was still reasonably new out and one of the reasons i never do now. It thought it was proper shit.

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My custom Console Projects
Biggsy666 9

Postby Berzerk » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:20 pm

Honorable Mention EA Star Wars Battlefront. For incomplete game and hiding all content with a pay wall.

Berzerk 4

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby XamX » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:22 pm

Sega Touring Car Championship (1997)

I was (and still am) a huge SEGA racing games fan (especially in the arcades) but this game was unplayable with it's oversensitive steering. I soooo wanted to like it, but I just couldn't and still can't :(
The only good thing about this game is this song:
Spoiler:

XamX 5

Postby stillcool » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:37 pm

Deus Ex Invisible War.

Loved the original ground-breaking game so much and played it through maybe 4 times before DEIW came out so it had a lot to live up to and failed in every way. It wasn't a terrible game and released without any links to Deus Ex it might have seemed better even, it just wasn't great.

Some Of My Gear & How They Connect
Spoiler:
Dreamcast - VGA or S-Video
Gamecube - Chipped RGB Scart
SNES - RGB Scart
PS1 - Chipped SCPH-9002 - RGB Scart
PS2 - Chipped Silver Phat SCPH-50003 + 500GB HDD - Component
PS2 - Aqua Phat SCPH-50003 + 1TB & SATA Adapter - Component
PS3 - Blue CECH-4003C Super Slim + 320GB HDDs - HDMI
PS3 - CECHG03 Phat + 500GB HDD - Component
Saturn - Chipped v1 - S-Video
Xbox - Chipped Crystal & Xecuter v2.6 + 160GB HDD - Component
Xbox 360 - Black Jasper + 80Gb HDD - VGA, HDMI or Component
Wii - Soft Modded - Component
Wii - Soft Modded - Wii2HDMI
Wii U - HDMI
stillcool 9

Postby ryder4life » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:22 pm

I used to play t he shit out if GTA 1 & 3. I wanted to like playing in the west compares to the city. Didn't appeal to me at all.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ryder4life 8

Custom Title: Gamecube Preserver

Postby qedeshim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Mass effect. I've tried to play it a few times and it always puts me to sleep.

qedeshim 5

Postby Preston2011 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 pm

The Dishonored series!

Preston2011 6

Postby Sabkahn » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Every single RPG Bethesda released after Morrowind. I hated the generic look of Oblivion (And I even bought a new Graphics Card for that game), but at least it had decent quest design, however I felt that they already dumbed down the game too much when compared to Morrowind. Fallout 3 was a good effort for the time, however Obsidian whiped the floor with it when they made New Vegas because they one understood much better what made the old Fallout games so good than Fallout 3 did. And both Skyrim and especially Fallout 4 just flat out insult their players with bad, dumbed down gameplay to a point that I have to wonder how those two games ever managed to get popular. I really wanted to like post-Morrowind Bethesda, but with every game they release they seem to get worse.

Sabkahn 3

Postby Tingler42DD69 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:14 am

Just about ANY game made by Derek Smart!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They INCREASE my stress and pain levels!! :shock: :shock:

Last edited by Tingler42DD69 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tingler42DD69 4

Postby gentleheretic » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:16 am

The entire classic Mega Man series. I can play Castlevania or Ninja Gaiden and be perfectly content while I fail repeatedly, but something about Mega Man just gets under my skin and leaves me ticked off and frustrated. Wish I knew why, because I love the idea and the artwork, but the actual gameplay just doesn't do it for me.

gentleheretic 2

Custom Title: Ooh, what does this do?

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:13 pm

LoZ: The Wind Waker.

I really do not care what people say about the gameplay still being brilliant, although nobody really liked the sailing. I came to LoZ very late only doing OoT and MM a few years ago now - enjoyed them both but I had increasing issues with the kiddy level styling and, particularly, the simplistic, characterless NPCs you have to interact with and in such a crude way too.

I knew all about The Wind Waker and its controversial more cartoony graphics so I left it for about a year after I'd done MM to give it a fair chance. Ironically I had no problem with accepting the different look from an aesthetic point of view but added to the virtually unchanged gameplay by the end I'd had enough.

Despite its relative sophistication the game is aimed to appeal to kids, young kids at that. I'm an adult and whilst the quality is undeniable this game was not for me.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby NoMention » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Crackdown 2

I absolutely live Crackdown and feel it was one of the best games on the 360. It seems to have been wuite overlooked by a lot of people and I recall many of my friends getting it so that they could play the Halo demo. It was such a great and enjoyable game...

Thrn came Crackdown 2. This game was pretty aweful. If it was simply Crackdown all over again with just a different series of zones and bosses it would have been fine. More of the same Crackdown probably would have been accecpted by most fans. The game controls were not the same, the camera was not the same, the AI was pretty aweful, and all around a disappointment.

I am looking forward to Crackdown 3. I hope it isn’t all hype and that they are going back to what made the first one so great and that this isn’t just an online multi-player reskin of any normal FPS.

NoMention 3

Postby acr250rider » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Ninja Gaiden for the PS3 or Xbox 360. Loved the series on the Nes but just couldn't get the feel for it on the Last Gen systems. Also Shinobi games after the Genesis.

Spoiler:
Systems owned:
(2) Nintendo
(3) Sega Genesis/ (1) Cd /32X
(2) Super Nintendo
(2) Nintendo 64
(2) Sony PS1 1 REGULAR / 1 Chipped
(2) Soft Modded PS2 Phat
Dreamcast
Panasonic 3do
(4) soft modded Original Xbox
Pokémon Gale of Darkness Gamecube W/GBA Player.
(2) Xbox 360 1 Slim/1 Phat
(2) Ps3`s one jailbroken one not.
(2) Soft modded Wii
(2) PS4
Xbox one
(2) Wii U
Saturn (running Pseudo).
Sony PSP 6.20 Pro-B9 permanent .
acr250rider 6

Custom Title: Its all good Bro, Lets just play some games!

Postby Kvothe » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:10 pm

Turok Evolution. I really wanted to like this game because it's design seemed simple and sweet, just like a classic console-style FPS should be. The first two chapters (there were 15 in all) were great, the first being an FPS level in a lush jungle populated by both enemies and neutral wildlife, while the second one had you flying on the back of a pterodactyl in a combination of on-rails and open ended flying that reminded me of a mix between Panzer Dragoon and Rogue Squadron. Needles to say, it left a very positive impression on me, and I was wondering what the heck was up with those negative reviews that this game got. Then the rest of the chapters unfolded, and the game is really a mixed bag. I enjoyed every pterodactyl chapter, but the FPS ones vary in quality. The worst offender is that most of the time you shoot friggin lizard humanoids in futuristic cities. This is TUROK damn it! Give me dinosaurs and jungles, not this crap! I really wanted to like this game (was willing to put up with the dumb save system and the plain graphics), but every enjoyable moment was followed by one that was either meh or downright terrible. For me this game defines mediocrity: it wasn't bad enough for me to downright hate, but it wasn't good enough to call it overall enjoyable either. Never have I seen a game that balances good and bad like this one.

Kvothe 3

Postby TheOSGVault » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:12 pm

It would probably be Batman Return to Arkham. I enjoyed all the Batman games, and was meaning to buy the game when it came out. Finally I did and my kid took the game and played it. Sadly I never got around to putting any time into the game. :cry:

TheOSGVault Newbie

Postby pochi » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:26 am

I absolutely agree on Sonic, I would've loved to enjoy that some so much, I gave it a few tries.

As for "One game", would be a tough choice for me, as there are many games I'd loved to enjoy but couldn't. Mostly games which I loved the prequel of. Often I think they ruined some aspect of the game with new changes or something like that.

Also games where they nerf, drastically change or remove characters that I main haha :p
Even worse when they didn't include him/her so they can sell it as DLC :|

pochi 2

Custom Title: I'm just a shyguy

Postby FFTHEWINNER » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:05 am

Lords of the Fallen. it looks and sounds like a very interesting game,but it is simply too hard for my tastes. taking ages to beat the first level's boss killed it for me.

FFTHEWINNER 9

Return to General Gaming Chat