Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

new portable emulator gaming cellphone?

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

new portable emulator gaming cellphone?

Postby kalashnikov47 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am

so basically im looking for a badass phone. one that looks like a handheld game console. maybe that runs android or something. i dont understand why they didnt just make the psp vita a cell phone also. i know there has to be some interesting emulator gaming based android cell phones out there? i do NOT want a regular old plain touch screen phone. i want one with PHYSICAL buttons and dpads and maybe joysticks ect. hopefully the ability to add external game controllers and hook up to a tv would be awesome too.

anyone have any leads or ideas? ive been looking at portable emulator game devices for about an hour. havent seen really any good phone ones ethier. im looking for one that would work with boost mobile network in the USA.

Last edited by kalashnikov47 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/avtomatkalashnikov.242123/

Spoiler:
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/avtomatkalashnikov

My anime planet profile ^^^

"The only true wisdom, is in knowing I know nothing." Socrates
kalashnikov47 3

Re: portable emulator gaming cellphone?

Postby 607jf » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 am

They did.

Sony Ericsson Xperia Play

607jf 4

Re: new portable emulator gaming cellphone?

Postby kalashnikov47 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:44 am

im a og. of coarse "they did" ever hear of a nokia n-gage? i had one.

xperia is aweful compared to any modern chinese junk people have never heard of. its pretty much dead. it was never a psp quality gaming device. just look up a MUCH p01 gaming phone for comparison.. im just looking for advice, or hear if anyone has experience with any of these different devices. another is the snail W3d, then there is the ibex H05 .

just showing different cell phone based emulator gaming gadgets. i want to find a cool good one and replace my cell phone with it.

Last edited by kalashnikov47 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kalashnikov47 3

Postby Bakkies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:49 am

I guess in the far reaches of China on aliexpress might be something, but have you considered getting a good phone and one of those controllers that attaches to the phone? For example:

Bakkies 3

Postby kalashnikov47 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:55 am

Bakkies wrote:I guess in the far reaches of China on aliexpress might be something, but have you considered getting a good phone and one of those controllers that attaches to the phone? For example:

yes i have. and thats kinda junk in my opinion. i had one that cradled my phone and had a full sized controller like a playstation or xbox i think,. it was a moga brand i think. it used bluetooth and it was AWEFUL. it had horrible response. and i kind of feel like this is just a easy way out of a actual problem. i had a bad experience with the controller i posted a photo of.Image i couldnt even play snes games without about 2 seconds of lag inbetween button response or just failing to pickup the signal at all. and ps3 and 4 and xbx one all run off bluetooth i think so really the fact it ran off bluetooth should not be a problem. i want a dedicated portable device thats ment to fill the role of a phone and a emulator game console.

id rather get something like this Image

but like i said im looking for insight or someone elses experience, i just want a good portable game console emulator phone that can run ps1 games or something and i can have a good experience playing them. not lag, or having trouble playing the game because its got a horrible controller setup.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kalashnikov47 3

Postby Bakkies » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:10 am

Good luck on your endeavor kalashnikov47 and post your findings.

For me mobile phone gaming is dead if there's no buttons, so I can understand your plight. I think the last phone game I finished was Doom RPG on a Sony-Ericsson flip phone.

Bakkies 3

Postby Liamh1982 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:33 am

Some of the JXD devices can be used to make phone calls. I have the S5800 which has two SIM card slots and already has calling and messaging apps installed.

Current consoles:
Spoiler:

2DS
Atari 2600
3 x Dreamcast
DSi
GB Pocket
GB Color
GBA
2 x GBA SP
GB Micro
3 x GameCube
2 x Game Gear
Jaguar
Lynx
Master System
Mega CD
2 x Mega Drive I
Mega Drive II
N64
Neo Geo Pocket Color
NES (lockout disabled)
PS1 (chipped)
2 x PS2
PS3
2 x PSP-1000 (CFW 6.60 Pro-C)
PSP Go (LCFW 6.60 Pro-C)
Saturn (swap trick ready)
SNES
TurboGrafx
Wii (softmodded)
Xbox
Xbox 360
Liamh1982 5

Custom Title: Built for comfort, not for speed...

Postby darkricky » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:42 am

Bakkies wrote:Good luck on your endeavor kalashnikov47 and post your findings.

For me mobile phone gaming is dead if there's no buttons, so I can understand your plight. I think the last phone game I finished was Doom RPG on a Sony-Ericsson flip phone.

That's just overreacting. With any good quality Bluetooth gamepad, you can turn your android device into the Swiss knife.

Game consoles I owned
1)PS2 Slim
2)Dreamcast
3)Xbox Original
4)PS3 Slim 320GB
5)Wii 1st Model
6)PSP-3004
7)PS Vita Phat
8)DS Lite
9)Xbox 360 S 250GB
10)3DS 1st Model
darkricky 4

Custom Title: Wanderer

Postby kalashnikov47 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:08 am

Liamh1982 wrote:Some of the JXD devices can be used to make phone calls. I have the S5800 which has two SIM card slots and already has calling and messaging apps installed.

holy shmolly does that thing really? what? ? !! that thing is a beast because of how big it is. is it really a phone also ? what the heck. have you used it as a phone? just wondering. and how the ps1 emulation is. i think its to big to use as a conventional every day phone. but it seems more than capable of working as a actual modern game system. TBH i really just want a portable game system to run SNES , GENESIS , and PS1 resident evil and other PS1 games off of. about to make a new thread. hacked/softmodded a ps3 and i am completely lost.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kalashnikov47 3

Postby unsaidwarning » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:04 pm

I just turned my old samsung galaxy 4 into a hardcore gaming beast. It plays everything pretty much that a psp could, has shortcuts and fancy icons for the emulators and games, all the game art covers are downloaded, packed with roms. On top of that, I ordered a gamepad where the phone actually connects to it and turns it into a handheld console with buttons and joystick via bluetooth and works flawlessly. Super easy to do, took a few hours and like 15 bucks for the pad.

unsaidwarning 3

Postby Lu9 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:14 am

Surprised no one mentioned the GPD XD yet.
It's like a 3DS-shaped Android device which you can play games and emulators on.
There's also even GPD Win which runs Windows instead, but it's a bit clunkier.
It's not too expensive afaik

here's a picture of it:
gpd-xd1.jpg

I don't have one but I'd definitely like one :P

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lu9 Newbie

Postby kalashnikov47 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:38 am

Lu9 wrote:Surprised no one mentioned the GPD XD yet.
It's like a 3DS-shaped Android device which you can play games and emulators on.
There's also even GPD Win which runs Windows instead, but it's a bit clunkier.
It's not too expensive afaik

here's a picture of it:
gpd-xd1.jpg

I don't have one but I'd definitely like one :P

actually to be honest with you that is what got me on the train of looking at these cheap chinese devices again. someone showed me a gpd-xd that was for sale locally. i dont belive it is capable of a cell phone though. that was what this was about. it must be a gaming device AND a cell phone.

and you know what. i feel like an idiot after all this stuff. honestly, i think im just going to go back to a sony xperia play cell phone and root it or jailbreak it or mod it or whatever. i feel like its the only conventional phone out there really thats logical as a game system and a phone. honestly. i feel like even though its still so old its still pretty damn relevant. not to mention its pretty decent. i mean it can play ps1 games quite well. like i said i really just want a phone device to play the resident evils on..... and maybe a fps or too.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

kalashnikov47 3

Postby Liamh1982 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:17 am

kalashnikov47 wrote:
Liamh1982 wrote:Some of the JXD devices can be used to make phone calls. I have the S5800 which has two SIM card slots and already has calling and messaging apps installed.

holy shmolly does that thing really? what? ? !! that thing is a beast because of how big it is. is it really a phone also ? what the heck. have you used it as a phone? just wondering. and how the ps1 emulation is. i think its to big to use as a conventional every day phone. but it seems more than capable of working as a actual modern game system. TBH i really just want a portable game system to run SNES , GENESIS , and PS1 resident evil and other PS1 games off of. about to make a new thread. hacked/softmodded a ps3 and i am completely lost.

To be honest, I've not tried it as a phone because I'm perfectly happy with the one I've got.

I can imagine it'd be somewhat awkward as even though it's only got a 5" screen, the thickness and the physical controls make it a little uncomfortable to hold like a phone.

As for emulation, 8 and 16-bit stuff runs as well as any other device I've used - no obvious glitches, slowdown etc.

PS1 and N64 do need a bit of tweaking with plugins and graphics/audio settings but you can get most games to run decently.

One word of warning with the JXD devices though - I found that both Happy Chick and the Emulator Store would not work for me at all. I'd rather install a custom launcher, just get the emus from the Google Play store and stick the ROMs on a microSD card.

Current consoles:
Spoiler:

2DS
Atari 2600
3 x Dreamcast
DSi
GB Pocket
GB Color
GBA
2 x GBA SP
GB Micro
3 x GameCube
2 x Game Gear
Jaguar
Lynx
Master System
Mega CD
2 x Mega Drive I
Mega Drive II
N64
Neo Geo Pocket Color
NES (lockout disabled)
PS1 (chipped)
2 x PS2
PS3
2 x PSP-1000 (CFW 6.60 Pro-C)
PSP Go (LCFW 6.60 Pro-C)
Saturn (swap trick ready)
SNES
TurboGrafx
Wii (softmodded)
Xbox
Xbox 360
Liamh1982 5

Custom Title: Built for comfort, not for speed...

Postby Domspun » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 am

Motorola Moto Z2 with the Moto Gamepad. I don't know about the quality of the gamepad, but the phone is nice.

Domspun 5

Return to General Gaming Chat