Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Switched to a new MicroSD - "Save file not founded" error

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Switched to a new MicroSD - "Save file not founded" error

Postby grifterb » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 am

Please note that I could not find a subforum for DS troubleshooting and since we share ds roms and all, I thought that it would be okay to ask for help here.

I have been using an 8gb kingston class 4 microsd with r4. I decided to upgrade to a 16gb sandisk class 10. In order to do so, I copied all the files in my previous sd card, into the new one. However, when I try to open one of the new games, I get the "save file not founded" (yes, it says "founded") error.
- My previous sd card still works the way it should.
- The same games that work with the kingston microsd, give the error mentioned above when using the new microsd
- I can see the menus and the games, so the files must have transferred correctly.
- I reformatted the new sd card and tried copying the games again. The results remain the same.
- I have read in a similar topic that the problem is caused by file names being under 8 letters and/or having spaces. To be sure, I replaced the names of several games accordingly. It did not make any difference. Furthermore, none of the games that had spaces between the words caused a similar error with the previous sd card.
- Another possible explanation was that the extension of the save files were ".SAV" (with uppercase) and I needed to change them to ".sav". Again, it did not help and this did not cause any problems with the previous sd card.

What could be the problem? Was copying all the files a mistake? Shoul I have copied only the game files and some other stuff and exclude the others?

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

grifterb 5

Re: Switched to a new MicroSD - "Save file not founded" erro

Postby ZX81v2 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:13 pm

SD's, what format does the DS use? If it's FAT32, you should bhe able to Diskcheck / error check the SD by plugging it into PC, however, your gonna need an adapter and card reader to do this...

ZX81v2 13

Custom Title: R Tape Loading Err0r

Re: Switched to a new MicroSD - "Save file not founded" erro

Postby oldxbox75 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Create an image of the working SD card to PC then Burn that image to the new SD card.
Win32DiskImager.

oldxbox75 6

Return to General Gaming Chat