Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 Review

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 Review

Postby JD0200 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:12 am

Evening everyone! Hope you all have had a great weekend so far; I'm sure you were all expecting GoldenEye 007 to be reviewed, but I threw you a curve-ball! (Har-har!) Instead, I'll be reviewing a game that's well known in the United States and Japan; I'm reviewing... Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 for the PS1! So load up your revolvers, and get ready to deliver justice!

The plot is split up between the two games, so I'll do a plot summary of both games.

LETHAL ENFORCERS

You are a cop, working in Chicago, Illinois and have decided to take a break from your regular police duties when a call comes through that a group of criminals are holding up a bank, who represent a major crime organization (Sorry, no actual name of a criminal organization; Don't we all wish? :P) and it's up to you to take them out and find the hideout of the organization. Good luck, Officer.

LETHAL ENFORCERS 2: GUN FIGHERS (OR: THE WESTERN)

1873. Dangerous outlaws are roaming the Wild West causing general mayhem. Nobody has been able to stop them, not even the toughest Marshall. Now, it's down to you to stop the outlaws and save the Wild West. Godspeed, Sheriff.

This game is, without a doubt, one of Konami's masterpieces; Released in the US in 1992, Lethal Enforcers was one of the first light-gun shooters by Konami; And boy, did it pay off: It was very successful, in the US and abroad; So much, in fact, that a sequel was made called Lethal Enforcers II: Gun Fighters (or The Western in JP, which, I think is a better title than Gun Fighters, don't you think? :)) and THAT game was successful enough to warrant a THIRD game that came out in 2005, this time in a more competitive fashion; But that's a game for another day.

The initial gameplay is pretty good; But there is one big gripe: THE ENEMIES APPEAR TOO FAST! That's the big issue; They never do that in the regular Arcade version; I mean, they just appear relentlessly! But that's the only big gripe; Everything else is good; The sound is near spot-on to the arcade counterpart, the graphics remain the same from the arcade, and for the controls? You can plug in a Konami Justifier and play with a light-gun just like the arcade version, which I think is a pretty immersive touch by Konami and Sony. And another thing: If you think that Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 are on separate discs, that's where you're WRONG! It's all compressed onto one disc, albeit that there's a lot of loading. But other than that, it's a pretty dang good port!

So, concluding this review, Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2, while having it's flaws, is a good game and a good port of the arcade classic; Good graphics, good sound, and you can use a Justifier; 'Nuff said. This game gets a 7.9/10. If you liked Lethal Enforcers in the arcade and can deal with the enemies appearing a bit too fast, get this game. The download link will be left at the end of this review. So, that's the end of this week's review, as usual, leave your suggestions for any games to review down below! I'll be running another poll this upcoming week, so be on the lookout for that! Until next week everyone! Be safe! :D

JD0200 3

Custom Title: The Doctor? Maybe.

Re: Lethal Enforcers 1 and 2 Review

Postby FlarePhoenix » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 am

Not a fan of these games. Psx ruined by denying gun feature. Sigh least nes had the zapper and the scope. Duck hunt anyone?

FlarePhoenix 9

Return to General Gaming Chat