Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

It's disturbingly horrid to see my hobby turn to trash.

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

It's disturbingly horrid to see my hobby turn to trash.

Postby HeX4 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:49 am

I am talking of course about modern gaming.
When do we get a game that works as it should when purchased?
When does a dev actually fix all issues without saying fuck you to the customer?

DICE & EA are the biggest cunts in my eyes, Battlefield 4. That game to this day even on new hardware that is far more capable of running the game crashes and glitches.

I can install a game from 1996 Resident Evil on Windows 10 and have it run flawlessly which has no patches since 1996.. let us all just think on that.

Battlefront 2 in Beta.. same shitty engine crash, the game it's self was mediocre and a dumbed down 2005 Battlefront 2 clone with "prettier visuals"

Rise of The Tomb Raider takes it's self way too seriously and has forgotten the charm of what Lara was.

Resident Evil 2 is looking like horse shit because it has the same engine as Resident Evil 7 where you will be running fine for 1 hour then it progressively starts stuttering.

The only recent announcement to make me smile is the release of Shenmue 1 & 2 on Steam.. i cannot wait.

Fuck my hobby is on it's last legs :(

It is rare i buy any games now, i concentrate on old games i missed and ones that satisfied me in the past.. new stuff is just a test of patience.

Some videos..

Main computer.
Intel Xeon E5640, 8GB Kingston 1600, ASUS P6X58D-E, AMD R9 Fury.

Console systems.
Playstation 2 Slim with FMCB.
Playstation 3 CECHC03 Rebug 4.82 2000GB
XBOX v1.2/3 EvoX M8+ TSOP 500GB SATA
XBOX v1.4 iND-Bios 5003.67 TSOP 300GB
XBOX v1.4 x2.4981.67 TSOP 8GB
XBOX 360 S Trinity V5 320GB
N64
HeX4 4

Custom Title: XBOX Guru PC aficionado

Re: It's disturbingly horrid to see my hobby turn to trash.

Postby CurbsidePharmacist » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 am

I stopped playing Tomb Raiders when they removed the ability to swan dive to ur death lol
Back then the game was more like free running and tony hawks, you have to chain your moves to get up out out of places.

Free memory card exploit service PS2/Xbox U.S. Only

Simple questions answered here
If you need to ask a question search the forums first here

Read the rules.
Theisozone Upload Rules

Follow me on Twitter!! https://twitter.com/CurbsideRX
CurbsidePharmacist 13

Custom Title: Co-Founder of RetroZone.co

Postby CBThatGuy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 am

There are still some great games being made. They are not as common as they used to be. Hitman and Horizon Zero Dawn are great games that I have played in the last year.

I am sick of games that need constant internet connections, even when there are no online functions to the game. That crap needs to stop.

The creators of Octopath Traveler were asked if the game would have DLC, to which their response was, “I do not think at all. The product version is the finished product.”

Atari 2600
NES, SNES (Everdrive), SupaBoy, Wii (softmod), WiiU
Sega Nomad, Genesis (Everdrive), Dreamcast
Playstation 1 (chipped), 2 (HDLoader), 3 & 4
Xbox (Xecuter 3), Xbox 360 (drive mod)
Game Boy Color, PSP (CFW), PSTV, & DS (Acekard2i), 3DS (modded)
Turbografx 16 (Everdrive)
CBThatGuy 5

Postby cody1638 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 am

Yep last new AAA game i bought was dark souls 3 and loved it but the vast majority i have no interest in. Alot of games are copy paste formulas and still launch unfinished, shit optimization and dlc/season passes on top of that etc. I'm done supporting this stuff. Bf4 launch was horrible, even after like a year of patches. Totally lost interest in the franchise after that

There are a ton of great indies though.

cody1638 4

Postby erik1977 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:52 am

Last game I bought brand new was Skyrim for Xbox 360. Great game, but lots of bugs, even to this day. I'm not interested in new consoles to be honest.

Systems I currently own:

Spoiler:
Playstation (modchip)
Xbox 360 slim
PS3 slim

Gaming PCs:

Win7 x64 desktop (Athlon II X2 250 3ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon x1650 512mb)
WinXP desktop (Athlon XP 2800+ 2.1ghz, 2gb ram, Radeon X800GTO 256mb)
Win98SE desktop (Pentium 3 550mhz, 320mb ram, Geforce TI4200 128mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 12mb)
Win95 desktop (Pentium 133mhz, 40mb ram, Matrox Mystique 4mb, 3DFX Voodoo 2 8mb)
Win95 laptop (Pentium 166MMX, 32mb ram)
DOS 6.22 laptop (486DX2 50mhz, 8mb ram)
erik1977 7

Postby Biggsy666 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:34 am

Yeah, been playing XCom on my ps3 but i can't complete the game in Iron Man mode as it keeps crashing causing the only save to be corrupted!

How f*cking annoying is that :x

I wont buy new games at all, just cheap older ones. Yesterday i picked up Homefront for my ps3 for 50p in CEX gameshop.

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My Custom Projects Click Here
Biggsy666 13

Custom Title: The Reverend

Postby FalenDragmire » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:42 am

I think that it's less that good games aren't being made but that it's that because gaming has become so much more mainstream in recent years than it ever has been, there's more pressure on developers to get out the latest project as soon as possible. EA, for example, is notorious for insisting on changes during the development of games from many of the studios they own that more or less cripple what could have otherwise been a great product. Great games do still get made but it's only when studios and developers are given sufficient time and resources does that happen.

I would also like to point out that DLC in and of itself is not a bad thing. It's existed for a long time in one form or another. Before the internet was prominent, PC games had expansions that came out for them all the time, with the only difference being that you had to go to the store or mail-order it to buy a physical medium to get the content onto your computer. DLC is great when it's used to expand existing content and isn't necessary to fill in the gaps of a game (for example, unfinished content that was supposed to be in the game to begin with). So basically, so long as DLC is extra and not needed to enjoy the game to the fullest, I'm fine with it.

FalenDragmire 3

Postby Zerohour2k12 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:35 am

Last game I remember buying was Shovel Knight.... most of my games are cracked... AAA ones.... and as of now I've got more emulation goin' on.... :D

My Uploads
Now Playing
Bully Scholarship Edition
Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition
Fatal Frame III - The Tormented
Blood Will Tell
SSX Tricky
Star Wars - Republic Commando
No One Lives Forever GOTY
Soul Calibur - Broken Destiny
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Zwei - The Arges Adventure
Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Box
Lord of Arcana
Darksiders - Wrath of War
Zerohour2k12 8

Custom Title: LeftyGuyGamerDude :)

Postby duwen » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:29 am

Personally, I boycott everything from EA, Activision and Ubisoft... at least digitally and brand new physical releases (I may pick up select pre-owned titles years down the line, and be satisfied that they're not getting my money).
There are still a lot of great games being made and released, but looking at my PS4 titles (digital and physical) they're pretty much all either indies or from Japanese devs.
TBH, I don't really care too greatly about the future of gaming - if no new games were ever to be produced I'd still have a backlog large enough to satisfy me until the end of my days.

My...
Spoiler:
Handhelds:
Sega Game Gear, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, GBA SP, NDS,
3DS & N3DS XL, PS Vita

Consoles:
Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, SNES Mini/Jr, Neo-Geo CD, Playstation,
Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube (w/ Gameboy Player), Wii, Playstation 3,
Xbox 360, Wii U, Playstation 4 Pro

Computers:
48k Sinclair ZX Spectrum, Commodore Amiga A1200, Win PC

Other:
Pandoras Box 4S+, Android devices
duwen 4

Custom Title: 絶対領域

Postby sasapinjic » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 am

At end of day , what can you expect when game making industry attracted all sort of scumm who have no clue about games and they only concern is obtain as much money as possible by any means possible regardless of what will game be when finished ?

Insert Marlon Brando here :

"make more games and i want no excuses"

It is no joke , it is reality !
This sort of people are behind making games now . :(

sasapinjic 13

Custom Title: Gafgarion(Penninless Scumbag)

Postby EarthwormJames » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 am

Sounds like you are turning retro. I made the switch around a decade ago. For me gaming was always a sort of rebellion. A cheap hobby nerds had. When it became HD, mainstream, and expensive I just stopped. Thanks to this site and a modded Xbox, I play games every day for free. And I get that good old feeling of fighting the man.

EarthwormJames 6

Custom Title: Lumbricus Extraterrestris

Postby CBThatGuy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:51 am

As much as I have liked what few new-gen games I have played. I am very cautious getting any newer game and usually wait for months after they come out.

Retro is still my main passion. There's nothing like the adrenaline rush I get from finding an old game I have wanted to play for 20 years at a used game store or finding a gem on here and firing it up for the first time.

My wife and kids got me Monster Hunter World for Father's Day and after a couple hours playing thay, I went back to playing Resident Evil of the original Playstation.

There are some new gems out there, but the classics will always be amazing.

Atari 2600
CBThatGuy 5

Postby Moandain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:58 pm

My main issue is the constant release of an unfinished product.
I mean the last Tony Hawk only has the demo on the disc. Then you have to download the rest of the game from the internet.
So if you have not internet or the game gets removed from the Sony servers.... No more game, just the stupid demo at the price of a full game.

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP
3DS XL
ATARI 2600 JR
ATARI 5200
ATARI 7800
ATARI JAGUAR
ATARI LYNX
3DO
CD-I
INTELLIVISION
COMMODORE 64
RADIOSHACK TRS80 COLOR
TG-16
PC-FX
MASTER SYSTEM
GENESIS/32X/CD MODEL 2
GENESIS MODEL 2
SATURN X2
DREAMCAST
GAMEGEAR
NOMAD
NEO GEO AES
NEO GEO POCKET COLOR
XBOX X2
XBOX 360 X2
XBOX ONE
PS1 X2
psone w/ screen
PS2 FAT X2
PS3 SLIM X2
PSP 3000
VITA 1001
PSTV
RETROPIE

My YouTube
Moandain 4

Postby CBThatGuy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm

Moandain wrote:So if you have not internet or the game gets removed from the Sony servers.... No more game, just the stupid demo at the price of a full game.

That's the worst. My kids love playing Minecraft on the Xbox 360, but the internet is not working then they are stuck playing the demo. There's no reason why I need an internet connection to play a game offline.

Atari 2600
CBThatGuy 5

Postby Zephyr113 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Whats wrong with modern games? As primarily a pc gamer the choice available is huge! AAA or indie theres allways something interesting. But there are going to be times when our favourite franchises turn to shit but why bother getting annoyed about it when there are thousands of other games to play and enjoy.

My only gripe with modern games is the amount of accounts I need! Haven't played GTA5 because I don't want a Rockstar account for 1 game! I already have Steam/Origin/GOG/Uplay/Battle.net/Microsoft/PSN and probably more. Why do I need so many!

Zephyr113 Newbie

Postby kremiso » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:11 pm

my last console was and will probably be the xbox360
my preferred genres are jrpg and 2d platforms/shmups
these genres are almost disappeared in last generations hw (apart some indie projects)
so my choice is not dramatic at all, but simply obvious

probably i would not spend more than 5 euro on any today game,
and the only game i have played online has been Phantasy Star DC

i'm searching continuosly for what i like ,old or new makes no difference in my case
i.e. this morning was playing Magna Carta 2 on Xbox360, and after Spelunker (1983) on C64.
46 years help me to see what's behind each game
that's my world, a pixel world; i'm in it, trying also to keep away the sharks

kremiso 7

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby madbuzzin » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:51 pm

kremiso wrote:my preferred genres are jrpg and 2d platforms/shmups

I love shmups as well... i still dont understand why a Starfox like game hasn't been conceptualized for new consoles... hell, the ps3 only has a few Ace Combat like games, and they are kinda trash.... but why cant there be a restart or a refresh on classic styles like side scrolling Metal Slug games and 3d scrolling shooters??? I understand shmups are mainly 2d... but fuck, make it interesting and add elements where you gotta fly thru a canyon and miss cliffs and shit, then go back to the top down shmup action... surely consoles these days are capable of this... or are they only capable of running cinematic movies with a hint of gameplay?

madbuzzin 3

Postby Moandain » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:12 pm

madbuzzin wrote:
kremiso wrote:my preferred genres are jrpg and 2d platforms/shmups

I love shmups as well... i still dont understand why a Starfox like game hasn't been conceptualized for new consoles... hell, the ps3 only has a few Ace Combat like games, and they are kinda trash.... but why cant there be a restart or a refresh on classic styles like side scrolling Metal Slug games and 3d scrolling shooters??? I understand shmups are mainly 2d... but fuck, make it interesting and add elements where you gotta fly thru a canyon and miss cliffs and shit, then go back to the top down shmup action... surely consoles these days are capable of this... or are they only capable of running cinematic movies with a hint of gameplay?

TBH big companies do not care about quality anymore. The only thing they measure is profit. How much paywalling and DLC sectioning can we do to max the profit of this game.

@signaure = <Insert_Smart_and_wise_comment>

Consoles I own
Spoiler:
NES FRONT LOADER
SNES
SNES jr
N64
Gamecube
Wii x2
Wiiu
GBA
GBA SP
3DS XL
ATARI 2600 JR
ATARI 5200
ATARI 7800
ATARI JAGUAR
ATARI LYNX
3DO
CD-I
INTELLIVISION
COMMODORE 64
RADIOSHACK TRS80 COLOR
TG-16
PC-FX
MASTER SYSTEM
GENESIS/32X/CD MODEL 2
GENESIS MODEL 2
SATURN X2
DREAMCAST
GAMEGEAR
NOMAD
NEO GEO AES
NEO GEO POCKET COLOR
XBOX X2
XBOX 360 X2
XBOX ONE
PS1 X2
psone w/ screen
PS2 FAT X2
PS3 SLIM X2
PSP 3000
VITA 1001
PSTV
RETROPIE

My YouTube
Moandain 4

Postby VoodooVincent » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Watch an old E3 & then watch a new E3. No booth babes, no techno music, no fun. Gaming used to be fun, now it isn't. While I like some new games, the hype surrounding games is dead. The last game I remember with mega hype was Halo 3. What happened to huge events for game launches? I remember dudes on Warthog quads ripping through the NYC streets to deliver the first copies of Halo 3 to a store for the people in line. What happened to fun shit like that? We don't even get that kind of excitement for console launches anymore. 360/PS3/Wii were the last consoles to launch that had that kinda hype. Maybe pre-ordering on the internet kinda killed that? Bummer. I lined up at a Walmart all day for the Xbox 360 in 2005. Thought I was gonna get shot because some spaz who didn't want to wait in line was going crazy & calling a woman who was in line a "c*nt." Great launch, though. Kameo, Condemned, PDZ (wasn't great, but a fine launch title), Gun, PGR3, Quake IV, COD2, King Kong, Amped 3 a week or two later, etc. Last truly great launch lineup, IMO. While not one game that was a true killer app, they had a bunch of good-great games that covered nearly all the genres.

Democrats are domestic terrorists.
VoodooVincent 7

Postby Preston2011 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Its because they are not "Games" anymore. More "interactive movies". Gone are the days of having an objective or needing a certain item or even defeating an end of level boss! Its all going to play out in front of you and all you have to do is press A,B,X or Y in the right place and 5 hrs later its all completed. A little exaggerated I know but you get my point....

Preston2011 6

Next

Return to General Gaming Chat