Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

RPCS3 - PS3 EMULATOR - How To!

Discuss Your Favourite Games, Games You Are Currently Playing or Games You Never Want to Play Again!

RPCS3 - PS3 EMULATOR - How To!

Postby zombiegauze » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:50 am

TiZ friends, This is seriously awesome news here. A PS3 emulator for the PC. WOW!!!

RPCS3 is an experimental open-source Sony PlayStation 3 emulator and debugger written in C++ for Windows and Linux. RPCS3 began development in May of 2011 by its founders, DH and Hykem.

Download:https://rpcs3.net/
Game Compatibility: https://rpcs3.net/compatibility

Here is a killer video showing how to set this up from scratch :)

PS3 Game ISO downloads (for testing :)

Not much more to say. This has been a long time coming!

Have fun and enjoy :)

MODDED XBOX'S with 2TB/3TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games, including 400+ Xbox Games are for SALE!!!

If you are INTERESTED in BUYING a MODDED Xbox from me, Please send me a private message (PM) or visit the (Marketplace here) and see what I have or ZOMBIEGAUZE@YAHOO.COM

Each 2TB/3TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games, Ninja Massive, Custom Cases and much more...

See My Seller Feedback here
My Uploads
zombiegauze 8

Custom Title: I ❤ Retro Gaming

Re: RPCS3 - PS3 EMULATOR - How To!

Postby XamX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:21 am

I'm not sure if you are allowed to link to the games - or link anything (I always get a pink warning by a Mister ;) )

But yeah, the PS3 emulator improved A LOT in late 2017 and early 2018 and since Demon's Souls became fully playable (it even now runs even better than on a real PS3!) the emulator now totally rocks. I was just playing it again 2 days ago.

BTW - the game compatibility list is very vage because not all the games get tested all the time with every new build (of all emulators, not just this one). This emulator gets updated like 2-4 times a week (go to EmuCR to download) so if you are playing a lot you always have a new release to try if something isn't working yet :)

XamX 7

Postby ISO_Ninja » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:03 pm

This emulator has made big strides! Can't believe it. Here's some great games to get started that aren't too large and play nearly flawlessly on RPCS3.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator
Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom
Dragon's Crown
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle
Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax Edition
Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game
Disgaea 3 & 4

With the Cemu emulator rocking the dick off Wii U.... and now Xenia starting to work on ripping apart the Xbox 360.... emulation has come a long way.

ISO_Ninja 3

Postby rodion » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:21 pm

If you want to test some lighter 3D games try Bionic Commando Rearmed 1 and 2. Both games have unlocked framerate, so it doesn't matter if you get only 30 or 120 FPS (yes, some PS3 games can run perfectly normal even at 120 FPS in this emulator, try doing that on the original PS3).

rodion 5

Postby metroid » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Do you need a beefy high end PC to run games smoothly?

metroid 4

Custom Title: The last Metroid is in captivity.

Postby XamX » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:03 pm

metroid wrote:Do you need a beefy high end PC to run games smoothly?

That totally depends on the game.
You don't need the latest Ryzen or i9 processors and unlike in the past where emulation was all about the CPU power the newer emulators like RPCS3, CEMU or CITRA also have great GPU implementation to help emulating. For example: In Zelda BotW you gain around 8-10 fps in CEMU (Wii U emulator) when having a decent GPU.

XamX 7

Return to General Gaming Chat