Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

NEW Dreamcast games are forbidden!

Discuss Everything Related to the Dreamcast Here!

NEW Dreamcast games are forbidden!

Postby Anthony817 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:29 am

If ANYBODY uploads new Dreamcast independent games here, it is a ban after 3 strikes! :(

I can't stress this enough, we NEED to support indie developers! If we do not, then we will not have new Dreamcast games ever again!

These folks make new things for all so we can have a good time on our retro system! We MUST have respect for them and support them with all they make for us! :evil:

I won't go so far as banning folks that upload their first games, but if they push their luck, it is game over! :geek:

In my time here, I even uploaded a forbidden game in 2009, Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles, but Jambo removed it and instilled some respect in me for the independent developers!

If it wasn't for him, I would have NEVER seen the light! These guys make games because they love the Dreamcast as much as we do. Even though we pirate OLD games, it is ok in my eyes as they make NO money from this system for the past 10 years!

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Re: NEW Dreamcast games are forbidden!

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:36 am

Anthony817 wrote:If ANYBODY uploads new Dreamcast independent games here, it is a ban after 3 strikes! :(

I won't go so far as banning folks that upload their first games

I would hope not. I understand after 3 strikes, that's a plenty fair warning, but as far as first time around is concerned, there are probably many people who aren't as up on everything Dreamcast (as Anthony) and they don't know that these are still available for sale. Those people are probably just trying to contribute to the community with the best of intentions. Maybe you guys should make a "Do Not Upload" list with specific games that have been a problem, so people who don't know that a game like Fast Striker is any different than any other DC game will have a chance to catch it before they make that mistake. ;)

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Location: To those of you who said I deserved the ban, you were right

Postby Anthony817 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:48 am

I agree. That's why I think 3 strikes is fair enough, as I do understand newbies do upload new games they don't see here as a good jester to the community, just to be nice, so that's why I think 3 warnings is fair for them.

What do you think? I don't want to sound harsh, as I did the same thing as a Dreamcast noob, so I do know how it is to upload a new game for the recognition, and to have it removed with no warning.

I just really want to save them the heartache and trouble, as it is hard work to upload any file, so it takes a lot.

Do you think I was harsh on the original post bro? I don't want to offend anybody, just want folks to know we all have zero tolerance for indie Dreamcast games.

We love the system so much, that if we don't support it, and let guys upload games here, then we may NEVER see a new Dreamcast game in 2012-2020, or further.

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Postby Blip-blop » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:57 am

I think its a good rule. And to get 3 strikes you´d really have to be ignorant.

Blip-blop 5

Custom Title: Padawan

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:59 am

:lol: You sounded a little mad. I wouldn't say too harsh.

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby Blip-blop » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:01 am

Kiryu_Kazuma wrote::lol: You sounded a little mad. I wouldn't say too harsh.

Wouldnt say "mad"...more like "protective"....of the endangered species Dreamcast. ;D

Blip-blop 5

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:05 am

Blip-blop wrote:
Kiryu_Kazuma wrote::lol: You sounded a little mad. I wouldn't say too harsh.

Wouldnt say "mad"...more like "protective"....of the endangered species Dreamcast. ;D

Semantics. That's just my opinion, and "protective" is yours. I wasn't criticizing him when I said that, as Anthony and I are friends and I'm sure he would not misunderstand my intentions, so there is no need to defend him to me nor correct my perception of his post.

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby Blip-blop » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:15 am

Kiryu_Kazuma wrote:Semantics. That's just my opinion, and "protective" is yours. I wasn't criticizing him when I said that, as Anthony and I are friends and I'm sure he would not misunderstand my intentions, so there is no need to defend him to me nor correct my perception of his post.

I didnt feel like you were criticizing him, and i wasnt trying to defend him because I felt no need to do so. It was supposed to be a joke.
You seem a little "unrelaxed" recently...sorry if my post offended you in any way. I did not intend that.

Blip-blop 5

Postby Smashey9 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 am

Just as a note. Went to the Devs website to see how much they wanted for Fast Striker because i was interested in purchasing it. They dont even sell it anymore. They have no games available for purchase.
http://www.ngdevdirect.com/index.php?cPath=21_23

Went to ebay, $60 - $160 shipped from random people.

Downloaded it somewhere else....

Smashey9 7

Custom Title: What did the five fingers say to the face?

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:34 am

Blip-blop wrote:I didnt feel like you were criticizing him, and i wasnt trying to defend him because I felt no need to do so. It was supposed to be a joke.
You seem a little "unrelaxed" recently...sorry if my post offended you in any way. I did not intend that.

I'm plenty relaxed, when you say "recently" I assume you are citing previous issues that I've had with people on here, but I have had much support from other members who say I was the one being attacked so I wouldn't say that I was unrelaxed then either but rather defending myself.

If you meant it as a joke that's fine, I'm not offended. It seemed like you were discounting my previous post by saying "I wouldn't say mad", so I addressed the issue. Never was I mad or offended about it. I'm cool as a fuckin cucumber, just enjoying my Vicodin and chillin. :mrgreen:

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby YungStar » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:33 am

Kiryu, you need to get your dick out the glory hole, you be going Balls to the wall on people. LOL just messin bro.

Anthony, I agree that new games shouldn't be uploaded. However, I'm not into searching online for hours to find and buy new Indie releases for a commercially-dead system. I do think maybe there should be a topic on the forums for newly developed indie DC games, so people like me who are utter pot-heads or are lazy will see these new games, links to these games or to the developers page/store would be of great help, and with the die-hard (so it seems) DC community, I'm sure the developers wouldn't mind the "Publicity".

My thoughts.

Troll so hard, these mutha f**kers wanna Ban me! That S**t Derp!

Successfully Received PS1 Chip from jinn
comradesnarky wrote:I'm sure if you go into the store and they say they're out of milk you don't stand there insistant on an explanation of why there is no milk
YungStar 6

Custom Title: {Ganja Goblin}

Postby Master13 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:11 am

And do we wait till the dev no longer sells the game before uploading? How long does a dreamcast game stay new?

Member of the zone since 2010-07-22 The fifth and Sixth Generations are the best generations of gaming when innovative gameplay flowed with good stories and great graphics.
Master13 6

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:20 am

Master13 wrote:And do we wait till the dev no longer sells the game before uploading? How long does a dreamcast game stay new?

In my opinion, yes. Once the only way to buy a game becomes used, the company that made it can no longer make money off of it, and what do they care if you buy a used copy of the game off eBay or at Gamestop, or just download the bitch? They aren't going to make a cent off of it either way at that point.

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby Smashey9 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:33 am

Wow they sell it as an iphone/ipad game for $2.99

http://itunes.faststriker.com/

Smashey9 7

Custom Title: What did the five fingers say to the face?

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 am

Smashey9 wrote:Wow they sell it as an iphone/ipad game for $2.99

http://itunes.faststriker.com/

That's cool. I still think it should be allowed on here if it can't be bought new for DC though.

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby vga » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:40 am

HOws about a forum posting with a list of games that are NOT uploadable, as they still are available for purchase?

My guess is, the list that is available for purchase has to be shorter then the list of games that are allowed.

Just an idea. Until I read this, I honestly didn't know such a thing existed.

Happy to help in anyway that I can.

vga 13

Custom Title: The (V)ideo (G)ame (A)uthority

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:46 am

Kiryu_Kazuma wrote:Maybe you guys should make a "Do Not Upload" list with specific games that have been a problem, so people who don't know that a game like Fast Striker is any different than any other DC game will have a chance to catch it before they make that mistake. ;)

It was a good idea, VGA, that's why I beat you to it! :lol:

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby Anthony817 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:26 am

Yeah, I think it is a great idea to list the "Non uploadable games", but it would take a shitload of time, but I am sure we would be able to name them all if everybody participated. ;)

To my knowledge, Fast Striker, Irides: Master of Blocks, Rush Rush Rally Racing, Last Hope, and many, many others.

I am just so drunk that I forgot them all. ;)

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Postby Kiryu_Kazuma » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:29 am

If you take a look at Smashey's earlier post, Anthony, he said that the company that made Fast Striker no longer sells it, shouldn't that make it eligible for a place on THEISOZONE?

Kiryu_Kazuma 4

Postby Anthony817 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:35 am

Well, the way I look at it, is that they charged like $40 for the game, and then they released it for $1 for the fuckin iPhone!

If you ask me, it was a slap in the face to Dreamcast gamers that preordered and bought the game, BUT, they are making a new game for the Neo Geo , and porting it to the Dreamcast as well.

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Next