Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

NEW Dreamcast games are forbidden!

Discuss Everything Related to the Dreamcast Here!

Re: NEW Dreamcast games are forbidden!

Postby Classic_Games_Era » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 pm

Breathe and we will all live another day lol We are all human we all bleed the same color and we all breathe the same air gross if you have been in the same room with someone of the same sex for hrs ewwww nasty lol But anyway you guys are right we need to keep the classic games alive but preserve games that companies put alot of hard work into and not steal by posting games that dont belong here.

TRADED WITH ZOMBIEGAUZE 10 out of 10
Classic_Games_Era 6

Custom Title: JUST ANOTHER DAY

Postby GamerSam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:45 pm

Anthony817 wrote:If ANYBODY uploads new Dreamcast independent games here, it is a ban after 3 strikes! :(

I can't stress this enough, we NEED to support indie developers! If we do not, then we will not have new Dreamcast games ever again!

These folks make new things for all so we can have a good time on our retro system! We MUST have respect for them and support them with all they make for us! :evil:

I won't go so far as banning folks that upload their first games, but if they push their luck, it is game over! :geek:

In my time here, I even uploaded a forbidden game in 2009, Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles, but Jambo removed it and instilled some respect in me for the independent developers!

If it wasn't for him, I would have NEVER seen the light! These guys make games because they love the Dreamcast as much as we do. Even though we pirate OLD games, it is ok in my eyes as they make NO money from this system for the past 10 years!

Words Of Wisdom

katez
GamerSam 4

Custom Title: Sammichpants

Postby GoldSrcForever » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:01 pm

this should probably be stickied

Ever wonder what the mind of a psychopath is like?
GoldSrcForever 3

Custom Title: FUK DA POLEES

Postby BLKBRDSR71 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 am

8-) DREAMCAST FOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

BLKBRDSR71 2

Custom Title: 16-Bit Forever!

Postby SPPV » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:50 am

GoldSrcForever wrote:this should probably be stickied

And get a vacination for hypocrisy. Talk of dev support is hillarious on a site that pumps out piracy. What about support for the other devs that make games? Why OK to rip one off but not the other? We allow new indie games for XBOX here, whats the difference? Add to that many of the "unreleased" games Ive seen are getting put out by people with no actual rigthts to the game and as such have no place to make money off of it. Cough Cough Assembler.

Dont PM me questions. I just delete them
SPPV 13

Location: http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-apps/autobuilder-v5/
Custom Title: Eat My 1%Beef 99% Rat Meat In A Sawdust Bun Or Die

Postby Anthony817 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:47 am

SPPV wrote:
GoldSrcForever wrote:this should probably be stickied

And get a vacination for hypocrisy. Talk of dev support is hillarious on a site that pumps out piracy. What about support for the other devs that make games? Why OK to rip one off but not the other? We allow new indie games for XBOX here, whats the difference? Add to that many of the "unreleased" games Ive seen are getting put out by people with no actual rigthts to the game and as such have no place to make money off of it. Cough Cough Assembler.

Wtf man? Its Jambo's rule. If people can openly get games that are only produced in 1000 or so batches, the devs will not support the Dreamcast anymore, thus, we get no more new indie games. Not hard to understand is it? I didn't think so lol. Bottom line is not having a double standard, bottom line is do we want new Dreamcast games? If we post them all here, no new Dreamcast games would be released each and every year. Why the fuck would anybody be kool with that if they wanted new Dreamcast games every year? Not hard to understand at all.

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Postby SPPV » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:14 pm

You miss understand a bit anthony. What Im saying is we've got games here that were done recently on other systems but we have no rules in place to protect or help those guys. And you know as well as me that a high proportion of games that are "unreleased" that come out of Assembler Games they had no rights to sell to begin with. A member stumbles across a game and the chiseling begins. We need X # of dollars to release, and we want X # of dollars per game once it is. It makes me want to puke when I see them do this. And I see no reason to respect the wishes of a group that just blatantly rips people off. They tried to pull it with Kameo for XBOX and I flipped out, and they would have gotten the same response from me had it been a DC game or a PS2 game.

Dont PM me questions. I just delete them
SPPV 13

Location: http://theisozone.com/downloads/xbox/homebrew-apps/autobuilder-v5/
Custom Title: Eat My 1%Beef 99% Rat Meat In A Sawdust Bun Or Die

Postby plasticrabbit » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:33 am

i'd have to agree that if people want to finish and put out unreleased commercial games it's up to them. they have no business charging for them and to do so is a bit crass. it's not their means of income, if they weren't getting some sort of satisfaction they wouldn't do it.

that said, i also fully support not pirating games by the likes of ng dev team. that is all their work and as anthony said if nobody buys them they'll stop putting out dc content.

plasticrabbit 2

Postby Gman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:50 am

They should put out a freeware demo or something. Then if you like that, you can buy the whole game. Better than not getting anything at all, imo. I'm not gonna buy a game until i try it, or see a video of it.

Modded Consoles: PSone w/Screen (chipped), PS2 (Slim, FMCB), Xbox (Halo TSOP), PSP 1001 (CFW)

Current Games Being Played: Doom/Doom II: Hell On Earth (1993/1994; PC)

Successful Trades/Purchases:
CurbsidePharmacist 10/10, jinn 10/10, boredguy123 10/10

I'd like to thank JaMbo87 as well as all of the people i've met here on the site. This is the best site ever imho.

Spoiler:
Gman 13

Custom Title: Thanks For The Snoop Dogg Guys

Postby plasticrabbit » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:57 am

you on about peeps like ng dev team putting out demos? i'm a little puzzled as to why they don't do that. especially for dreamcast, a system where pretty much every possible customer is more than capable of downloading an image and making it run on the system.

p.s. there are videos out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXiDHriOJUw

plasticrabbit 2

Postby raithos » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

I think three strikes is too lenient to be honest. Once, and you get a warning. The second time you knew better and should be gone for good. Especially if the game is still for sale. Support the devs giving us NEW games for our Dreamcasts. If these get shipped around we might not see any more. I think its a good rule because there should be zero tolerance for that.

raithos Newbie

Custom Title: The best Zaku pilot

Postby TheDroog » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:52 am

I just don't see the point in it.

nemA
TheDroog 2

Custom Title: nemA

Postby keepdreaming » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:35 pm

gunlord for dc is no longer of dev teams website, so when can someone upload it. only place i found it was ebay, not even playasia had any.

keepdreaming 3

Postby Pixelino » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:32 am

Its fair and OK for me... I preorder allready Sturmwind and Ghost Blade CE :) ^^ Cant wait to play them.
Edit; Ups I forgot Neo XYX coming for Dreamcast (also preordered ^^)

Pixelino 2

Postby texrex9 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:51 am

Is it cool if I upload Last Hope for Dreamcast? I mean the original version not Pink Bullets. I think It would cool and maybe get some people to help out redspot and ngdev by buying the updated Pink bullets version. I also got Fast Striker and Gunlord, are either of those off limits?

texrex9 Newbie

Postby Anthony817 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:00 am

texrex9 wrote:Is it cool if I upload Last Hope for Dreamcast? I mean the original version not Pink Bullets. I think It would cool and maybe get some people to help out redspot and ngdev by buying the updated Pink bullets version. I also got Fast Striker and Gunlord, are either of those off limits?

Maybe you misunderstood the first post?

Dreamcast games made after 2007 are not allowed. 2008-2013, not allowed.

I've traded with
DannyDoom23 10-10
Jumbotron666 10-10
boredguy123 10-10
mistamontiel 10-10
umpa2112 10-10
Fourty-1 10-10
Blip-blop 10-10
Tcres 10-10
vga 10-10
Anthony817 13

Previous