Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

BURN FAIL - Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future 90min

Discuss Everything Related to the Dreamcast Here!

BURN FAIL - Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future 90min

Postby DreamSkel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 am

Hello,

I have problem with this image:

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/dre ... -xiaopang/

I have burned many dreamcast games without any problem through DiscJuggler, include some 99min ones(Shenmue 2, Armada, Maken X, Omikron the Nomad Soul). They all work OK for my. BUT I WASTED 4 CD-R ON THIS IMAGE !!

Three of them was 99min ones, one 80min.
No matter with one of my burners I use(all my burners working without problem even for overburn to more than 870MB) or if I use Disc Juggler or ImgBurn(with installed CDI support).

Previously I was using ImgBurn only for other image types and for CDI images DiscJuggler.
After I waste two of my expensive 99mins CD-R on this image I was try to burn it through ImgBurn one time on 80min one second time on 99min and it make same error like under DiscJuggler.
I not remember exact error line from DiscJuggler but it was definitely same error like under ImgBurn where it fail to write end of disc with line "Failed to send Cue Sheet"
I was try also this same image from different source(EmuParadise) and it make same error.

Please try burn this image and tell me if is working for you and what SW + settings you was use for successful burn...

PS: I am not sure if this is XiaoPang release.
May be after successful burn and boot it will have XiaoPang logo, than it is his work.
But i have 99min version from XiaoPang and his image has 975MB not 794MB like this one.
So I will not need use this 794MB image, but unfortunately his 99min version has error in level order.
After level "Atlantis Lost" it load "Fire and Ice" and than Hanging Waters, I do not know if he later fix it and make this smaller version or if he make fixed version of 99min one(that 975MB image).
My 99min XiaoPang image is only I was able to find on net(it was previously on snesorama), i has make backup on uloz.to(very good free file hosting):

https://www.uloz.to/!eTDdmw6GgUyh/ecco- ... aopang-cdi

if you like, to try it - but as I write it has level order problem(otherwise is perfect) so I still not upload it here on theIsoZone.

DreamSkel 2

Re: BURN FAIL - Ecco the Dolphin - Defender of the Future 90

Postby Jodo901 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 am

No Clue why the page has XiaoPang in the URL but according to the text atreyu187 said he had no idea who made the image. If it was a XiaoPang he would have put that in the info. This image runs fine on nullDC and there is nothing to identify it as XiaoPang in game either.

If you've burned a lot of 99Min discs for your DC you should know that many, many, many people have found huge amounts of bad 99-min discs that fail when burning. If this is a new batch of 99min CD-R you just bought that would be my first guess...that you have some bad discs. The last batch I bought a few years ago were ALL bad. I went through 50 discs. So 3 or 4 bad burns is not many.

I could understand you having a software issue burning the larger disc that you mentioned because that's almost as big as the SEGA GT HOMOLOGATION 99 disc and that's the largest (and most difficult to burn) one I know of but this image is not overly large.

Inspect your discs and compare them. Sometimes you can tell where they are imperfect at the edges. I also recommend trying to burn some data or music to one of them, making sure you're over the 80min/700mb mark. If you have a spindle of 25-50 discs it's worth it to check if you're having this much problem.

I have always been here
Jodo901 9

Postby DreamSkel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:53 am

Hello,

No it is 100% not disc. All others burns on the same disc(same cake) was OK and I try also 80min - by info it work on 80min CD-R too.
Also error's on bad CD-Rs is different

This image has some error in it.
I was try compare it date structure and it is probably not cdi format, may be bin image type with file extension just renamed to cdi.
So it can work in null DC but for successful burn of bin file you need also cue file and that one is not present in archive.

Also in log from ImgBurn is "Source File Application Identifier: NERO___BURNING_ROM", so it cannot be cdi file, NERO not know how to do cdi file type.

I was check ImgBurn support and one option is that image send not supported command(may be copy protection that can be just in cdi and ccd files).
Or second option, with is much more common - if bin file is used without cue file it cannot be 2 session disc. But this image is 2 session - with mean self bootable Dreamcast image.

So it must be converted to cdi or ccd, but without original cue file I am not sure if it is possible...
It will be probably needed to find this file in his original archive, that one probably contain also cue file.

But I try also check if it is not nrg image, that is NERO native format. From nrg is conversion to cdi if I know possible.

But for now I am sure that it is problem in image file.

DreamSkel 2

Postby DreamSkel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am

Ou, and by the way - biggest I was burn was probably that version of ECCO really from XiaoPang - 975MB, and it work without problems.
But as I write it has level mismatch, I try other level's through cheat and they work, but I want to finis it like is it - without cheats. So i looking for other version with nothing removed and stereo audio - this 90min ones seems to be stereo and nothing removed(i hope).

Real XiaoPang version has by the way really great audio - by his nfo nothing downsampled and just one 50second audio track with seems to be not used by the game + one demo was only removed things.
If someone who has knowledges about DC ripping fix level order problem in that image, it will be best version !!

DreamSkel 2

Postby Jodo901 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:37 pm

Well, I sacrificed an 80 min CD for you just because I couldn't resist. I think you are right about one thing. You need a cue sheet. Maybe this will help...

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/pc/ ... w-drivers/

Here's my log. Good Luck.

I 07:27:20 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!
I 07:27:20 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)
I 07:27:20 Total Physical Memory: 8,387,816 KB - Available: 6,460,336 KB
I 07:27:20 Initialising SPTI...
I 07:27:20 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 07:27:20 -> Drive 1 - Info: hp DVD A DH16AAL LHDE (D:) (RAID)
I 07:27:20 -> Drive 2 - Info: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM 1.0A (F:) (Unknown)
I 07:27:20 Found 1 DVD-ROM and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
W 07:28:58 User accepted disc space warning and is attempting to overburn!
I 07:28:58 Operation Started!
I 07:28:58 Source File: C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\Ecco The Dolphin.cdi
I 07:28:58 Source File Sectors: 367,771 (MODE2/FORM1/2336)
I 07:28:58 Source File Size: 859,113,056 bytes
I 07:28:58 Source File Volume Identifier: ECCO
I 07:28:58 Source File Application Identifier: NERO___BURNING_ROM
I 07:28:58 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, Joliet
I 07:28:58 Destination Device: [1:2:0] hp DVD A DH16AAL LHDE (D:) (RAID)
I 07:28:58 Destination Media Type: CD-R (Disc ID: 97m24s15f, Sony Corp.)
I 07:28:58 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 16x
I 07:28:58 Destination Media Sectors: 359,847
I 07:28:58 Write Mode: CD
I 07:28:58 Write Type: SAO
I 07:28:58 Write Speed: MAX
I 07:28:58 Lock Volume: Yes
I 07:28:58 Test Mode: No
I 07:28:58 OPC: No
I 07:28:58 BURN-Proof: Enabled
I 07:28:58 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 2,823 KB/s (16x)
I 07:28:59 Filling Buffer... (80 MB)
I 07:28:59 Writing LeadIn...
I 07:29:17 Writing Session 1 of 2... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 356068)
I 07:29:17 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE2/FORM1/2352, LBA: 0 - 356068)
I 07:34:12 Synchronising Cache...
E 07:34:22 Failed to send Cue Sheet!
E 07:34:28 Failed to Write Image!
I 07:34:32 Exporting Graph Data...
I 07:34:32 Graph Data File: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\hp_DVD_A_DH16AAL_LHDE_SUNDAY-FEBRUARY-18-2018_7-28_AM_97m24s15f_MAX.ibg
I 07:34:32 Export Successfully Completed!
E 07:34:32 Operation Failed! - Duration: 00:05:30
I 07:34:32 Average Write Rate: 2,697 KB/s (15.8x) - Maximum Write Rate: 2,778 KB/s (16.2x)

I have always been here
Jodo901 9

Postby DreamSkel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:03 pm

Hi,

You log is same like mine, just my burn speed was 8x.
But i find another problem, like in my both your log - Write Type: SAO (Session at once), DC games is burned at DAO(Disc at once).
So it need change some parameters of this image and of curse change him to cdi.
I try what will be possible with virtual drive and that CUE Maker ur some convertors and will see if that image can be repaired.

Hope I will be able test burn just by simulation or CD-RW, if write will be OK than I try sacrifice another CD-R.

If succeed, I upload repaired and tested image.

DreamSkel 2

Postby DreamSkel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:47 am

So, I try CUE Maker but it not work correctly.
May be it is cdi file type but just created with unordinary way.
No matter with settings you use for CUE Maker it not create correct CUE file, size of disc is then smaller - 78.xx or 79.xx min.
Also just change file extension from cdi to bin change way how ImgBurn recognize that image.
Like it is(cdi extension) recognize him as two session disc where first session is 79.09.44 length and second session is short just 00.06.02 so 81.45.46 together.

If is file extension changed to bin recognize him just as 1 session disc with length 79.16.46.
If CUE is generated on setting(i mean setting in CUE Maker) PS1/PS2 or PC generated CUE than give in ImgBurn info 78.45.20 and just one session - so it will not work.

On setting VCD/SVCD/SVCD for Fire Burners it generate CUE file with than give info about two sessions, but first session is than that short and second is that long.
Size together is than also 78.45.20.

Both sessions is type MODE2/Form 1, but if I compare it with that XiaoPang image - first session is short(that look with that CUE sheet OK, but...) but it is MODE2/Form 1 type and on XiaoPang release is first session Audio type.
Interesting is that on XiaoPang release has that first session same length 00.06.02 like on these image if CUE is generated on VCD/SVCD setting.

So may be type of that first session must be changed to Audio and it must be first, not second otherwise burner/SW do not know how to burn it in DAO mode and ImageBurn it automaticaly change to SAO. DAO setting cannot be set in ImgBurn just to DAO, it has just TAO ot DAO/SAO setting. Anyway I do not mean it will be working if that sort session will be second and also it probably must be Audio type not MODE2/Form 1 - ImgBurn probably trying to burn audio session like data session.
CUE Maker probably on that VCD/SVCD setting put that session on correct place but it not change their type to Audio.
Also because it shorten whole disc, may be there is also "blank file" in image and CUE Maker cannot support or recognize it so disc size is than shorter.

In this moment I not like waste another CD-R for try if it will be working with that first small session on first position but shorter size, so I try do more "research"

BTW, I was also try change IO setting in ImgBurn from SPTI to ASPI - there was some info on ImgBurn support web that it can help if SW need send to burner some specific command(not all commands are supported in all type of interface communication), but it not help.
I was try burn this image as is on CD-RW with ASPI setting in ImgBurn but it not make difference, if will be burning successful I will try normal CD-R if Dreamcast boot it, but I not like waste another one for try if that "shortened" two session version with CUE generated on VCD/SVCD setting will be work - that is too small chance.

Do anyone know SW where can be edited just sessions ?
I will try use first session from XiaoPang release and second from this one, that will can work.

DreamSkel 2

Postby DreamSkel » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:21 am

So, it look that image has more problems...
Dreamcast cdi images ii it is opened through PowerISO or even IsoBuster not show any files or folders - they are unreadable for such SW.
But this image show his content, it mean that it definitely cannot work on real Dreamcast, may be if there was original CUE for that file it will be possible burn this image and use them on real Dreamcast but by my meaning this file was created from working burned CD-R of this unknown author release by wrong software.

If someone has working CD-R of this release, please make CloneCD ccd image(I am not sure if for Dreamcast is correct setting "Game CD" or "Protected PC Game") of it and upload it - such CD can work.
I am not sure if it is possible copy burned Dreamcast CD-R game by DiscJuggler(it may need more work with image), but with CloneCD it is possible, I have such copy of "Pier Solar" and that was even game with special type of protection.

DreamSkel 2

Return to Dreamcast Chat