Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

How is the beebox for emulation?

Emulation Chat For Dreamcast and PC

How is the beebox for emulation?

Postby deltax5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:48 pm

I am getting tired of the raspberry pi. I need something with alot of power powerfull enough to play xbox, everything mame, higan some arcade games and down.
Thinking in buying big box software. Stick a billion games onto it and call it a day.
would like to acheave 4k. But is intergrated graphics enough for the newer systems emulaters. (xbox, arcade,maybe wii)
Thinking in getting this
https://www.newegg.ca/Product/ProductLi ... isNodeId=1
is 2.3ghz enough for all that. I was also thinking if I need more cpu power to get the lower cpu model and getting a second hand cpu with alot more cpu power. If regular cpu's fit.

PSP 2000 Infinity 6.61 with 64GB
ps vita ps vita henkaku 3.60 enzo with 200gb
PS2 FMB 1TB sata mod, hd retrovision component cables
Raspberry pi 128GB with video previews and box art
Soft modded wii external 1tb a-data harddrive, monster component cables
deltax5 3

Re: How is the beebox for emulation?

Postby Mute » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:12 pm

BeeBox-S Intel Core i5-6200U (2.8 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 128 GB SSD Preloaded Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit (Not activated or Licensed)

...It says that the copy is not activated or licensed..means you need to buy a license from microsoft to activate the preinstalled copy of windows 10... or you find an alternative answer, but it is a real computer...And Yes It will play everything you throw at it.. With the exception of xbox...There is no Xbox emulator..

I feel like some people would rather "socially network" and potentially get the wrong answer slowly, rather than just use google and get the right answer immediately.
Mute 5

Postby TheOmikronNomadSoul » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:33 pm

4k on Integrated graphics..... For MAME? maybe. Xbox? there isn't an emulator that exists. And for Wii......No. At most you can probably bump the resolution to maybe 1080p. With the amount that thing is priced at, your better off maybe upgrading your PC. Just my thoughts.

TheOmikronNomadSoul 7

Custom Title: I'm Just trying to "Lion" The Mood

Postby deltax5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 pm

Well I just searched xbox emulator and found Xeon, Dxbx,Cxbx. I never really delt with the emulator. Maybe it's to crap to worry about it.
Meh I could wait till this computer is opsaleat and just make it my emulator computer. It's just big thou. I have a top end i7 3.5ghz ivy bridge with a 680 gpu at the moment (man the 600 sereis got ran over after a year or 2). I do need to upgrade that gpu so badly cause I hooked it up to the 4k now. I mostly game on consoles thou. Im waiting untill the next gen consoles to come out to upgrade everything. I want to see what this hdmi 2.1 is all about. (thats another topic I guess.)

deltax5 3

Postby deltax5 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:56 pm

I could get it cheaper if I get one from ebay about 300. 100 for windows and around 200 bucks for a cpu more then 3ghz (maybe second hand). (cause I hear higan runs best at 3ghz and more.)
I just don't know if it takes regular cpu's. maybe it takes laptop one's.

deltax5 3

Postby Mute » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 am

For future reference...better to edit a post then to double post... Anyway.. Yes there are technically xbox emulators, but none of them work at full speed/anything..they are all wip (work in progress)

No Integrated graphics at the moment will be in 4k..As you said tho..your more of a console gamer, so you want a pc that will play all games like the xbox one x...@ 4k resolution...

Well that's another topic all together oh and Laptops are not gaming computers

Seriously tho.. you need to look more into google to compare and know what you want..so yo can chose what upgrade you need for your current pc or if you need to go out and buy a new pc
or you could build your own gaming computer with whatever you want to get out of it..

good luck

I feel like some people would rather "socially network" and potentially get the wrong answer slowly, rather than just use google and get the right answer immediately.
Mute 5

Return to Emulation