Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Dreamshell and multi-disc games?

Are you having Dreamcast Hardware Problems? Trouble Emulating or Playing a Game? Ask our Dreamcast experts here!

Dreamshell and multi-disc games?

Postby webodan » Mon May 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Hello,

I've got a modded dc with IDE cables off ebay and it works great, but I have a doubt regarding multi disc games since there's no way I know of to make it switch discs (like in shenmue 1 or 2 for example where there's a prompt to change the disc when you clear one in the middle of game play). How to go about it? Is there any way to patch or merge the gdi files so they will switch seamlessly or something?

Thanks in advance.

webodan 2

Re: Dreamshell and multi-disc games?

Postby boredguy123 » Mon May 21, 2018 9:10 pm

I've never gotten to the point of swapping the discs on a dreamcast games but if it's like the PS1 then it may save the game before swapping discs then I'd say you could just restart/load disc 2 then it load the save and you'd be good. Not 100% sure though, like I said I haven't gotten to a multi disc DC game.
[Edit]
According to a dcswat post that's not how it works. They suggest using some one else's save that's right after the disc swap and do it that way. If you do it that way just search VMU backup cd on site and a few will pop up. Or you could always just burn a copy of it (kind of defeats the purpose but hey) and get to the next disc then continue playing from HDD.

Buy/Sell/Trades:
Successfully bought from Anthony817 10/10
Successfully traded with CurbsidePharmacist 10/10
Successfully traded with Gman 10/10
Successfully sold to Jebbreh 10/10
Successfully bought from NoSoul 10/10
Successfully bought from WARE-WOLF 10/10

Shout out to jinn for the PS1 chip
Shout out to squidbillies for the ProDuo adapter
boredguy123 8

Custom Title: F*ck off me. -You

Re: Dreamshell and multi-disc games?

Postby fafadou » Tue May 22, 2018 8:13 am

The only game needs the lids switch is D2 you can only open the and change the disc not off the dreamcast and reload the other disc.
But maybe there is some saves here.

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -
fafadou 3

Return to Troubleshooting