Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Ooga Booga on NullDC r150

Are you having Dreamcast Hardware Problems? Trouble Emulating or Playing a Game? Ask our Dreamcast experts here!

Ooga Booga on NullDC r150

Postby Stinkmeaner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:40 am

Hey everybody,

I have a little Problem. I played the whole solo campagne of Ooga Booga through (Tribal Trial Challenge) on the NullDC emulator without any problems. Graphics are smooth, sound is great and the funfactor is over 9000. I played with the full 1,1GB-GDI-IMAGE of the game on the NullDC r150. Now here is the problem: When I try to play an Offline-Match (Offline Skirmish) the emulator crashes. What can I do? What parameters must I configurate?

Stinkmeaner Newbie

Re: Ooga Booga on NullDC r150

Postby kremiso » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:19 pm

not much
you can test other emulators (Demul or ReDream)
or buy a real Dreamcast

kremiso 7

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby Stinkmeaner » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:22 pm

I tried different things with different version and plugins of Demul, wether its gpuDX11, gpuDX11old or gpuDX10. If I can get ANY Dreamcast game to run on there its either so slow that its not playable or if its playable the Sound of the game sounds like a demon thats creeping on me from inside my speakers -.-

Stinkmeaner Newbie

Postby kremiso » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:33 pm

Stinkmeaner wrote:I tried different things with different version and plugins of Demul, wether its gpuDX11, gpuDX11old or gpuDX10. If I can get ANY Dreamcast game to run on there its either so slow that its not playable or if its playable the Sound of the game sounds like a demon thats creeping on me from inside my speakers -.-

what are your pc specs ?
on my old (2010) and shitty pc the latest version of Demul i can run is the 0.57
but the performance are decent in many games (almost as real hw)

if you have a 64 bit os you can try also the new ReDream emulator,
it's compatibility page says that Ooga Booga IS playable

kremiso 7

Custom Title: Nostalgia Generator

Postby Stinkmeaner » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:10 am

It doesnt work on Re-Dream. It doesnt even start. If I use my own bios then it starts but then I have the same problem as in my original post: as soon as I hit "Offline-Skirmish" it crashes.

as for demul: I don't even wanna talk about this emulator. The only reason to play on demul is the "Windows CE"-OS some Dreamcastgames are build on, because NullDC can't handle that. Other than that demul laggs everywhere. Its the most frustrating piece of shit emulator I have ever encounterd. Spent way to much time on it with no results. And as for Ooga Booga it cant even make it pass the Dreamcast-Logo. At least for gpuDX10 and gpuDX11old.

Stinkmeaner Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting