Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

What the hell kind of controller is this?

Discuss your favourite Xbox titles here and reccomend them to other members!

What the hell kind of controller is this?

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:31 pm

I just bought my 1st Original Xbox to complete my Xbox collection and to play games I really wish to play on it. I live in Europe and got it on Ebay, from a "top-rated seller" in Germany. It just arrived today and it looks fabulous. Best looking of them all. Way more excited looking at it than when I bought my X1 and PS4.

But when I got to setting it up, I noticed the weird controller I got with it. I added some pictures to show it. Does anyone know anything about this thing? Look at the cable. I couldn't seem to find a place to plug it. From what I could gather, the controller is a uh...MadRics Gameware Q3. I could barely find anything about it, but I found a German Amazon page of it and even saw someone praising it as a great Xbox Controller alternative or something. What the hell, is this even an Xbox controller? I couldn't even find anything around me where this cable would plug in, hah...

Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Thanks for any help, guys :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Re: What the hell kind of controller is this?

Postby The_Codstr » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:37 pm

It's a standard Xbox connection, but it's missing the breakaway cable. You'll need to either buy one or salvage one from another controller

Such a good idea in theory, but the controllers are absolutely useless if you lose 'em... lol

Languishing in the 'zones since March 2008
The_Codstr 6

Custom Title: Ex isozone moderator, current isozone funny geezah

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

The_Codstr wrote:It's a standard Xbox connection, but it's missing the breakaway cable. You'll need to either buy one or salvage one from another controller

Such a good idea in theory, but the controllers are absolutely useless if you lose 'em... lol

Damnit! So close to trying it, haha... Sounds badass, and startup and set time screens are nice to look at, though ;P All my controllers from X360 and on are wireless, so I've never had anything like that on me. I might as well buy an original Xbox Controller, since I always wanted the badass originals when I saw them. Maybe get one of those cables as well, just in case. Does it matter which one I get, though? There seem to be both Xbox and X360 ones.

AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Postby Biggsy666 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:23 pm

AmadeusEisenberg wrote:
The_Codstr wrote:It's a standard Xbox connection, but it's missing the breakaway cable. You'll need to either buy one or salvage one from another controller

Damnit! So close to trying it, haha... Sounds badass, and startup and set time screens are nice to look at, though ;P All my controllers from X360 and on are wireless, so I've never had anything like that on me. I might as well buy an original Xbox Controller, since I always wanted the badass originals when I saw them. Maybe get one of those cables as well, just in case. Does it matter which one I get, though? There seem to be both Xbox and X360 ones.

Not the 360 one, it has a different connection. if you have big hands take a look at the 'dukes' controller.

My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES
SNES x2
N64 x2
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 (1 Audiophile, 3 chipped) & 1 slim w/screen)
PS2 (1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen)
PS3
Xbox (soft mod 160gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My custom Console Projects
Biggsy666 8

Postby MasterOfAll » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:29 pm

AmadeusEisenberg wrote:

This is the one you need... from ebay is, "NEW Wired Game Gaming Joypad Breakaway Cable Wire Adapter For XBOX XBOX ONE". This crazy site, won't let me post the link!

My main PC (photos) and HTPC spec:
Spoiler:
My consoles/old style computers:
Spoiler:
OXBOX 2TB SATA
XBOX 360 320GB
PS
PSP 2000 64GB
PS2 1TB SATA
PS3 500GB
PS4 1TB SSHD
PS Vita 1000 64GB
PSTV
Wii
Wii U 2TB + vWii 1.5TB USB
DC
Saturn
N64 + Everdrive v3
Atari 4160 STE + cosmosEX
Amiga 1200 (Got plans)
I also own a Framemeister XRGB Mini
MasterOfAll 7

Postby scorpNZ » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:00 am

There's a risk buying new after market crap compared to oem,my advice is get an original microsoft controller,they last for years even second hand ones,which you'll be forced to buy since they don't make them anymore.So long as the thumb sticks look ok where your thumbs go you'll most probably be ok,plus the look of the controller is it in good cond & not beat up,basically if it looks like new it most probably hasn't been used much.

unless other members can provide commentary on actual after market controllers that they "have" & have used then stick with original,as you'll know what to expect

edit:post is made as OP will need to have more than one controller.I have no faith in after market rubbish

scorpNZ 3

Postby twiner69 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:53 am

hey i have several just a 3rd party ..you need the breakaway connection on the end to match up on to the OG xbox.. :lovetiz:

[youtube]
atari 2600
atari 5200/with 2600 adapter
cheap Nintendo clone/silver
nintendo with chip disabled
Sega master system /modded led
3 Genesis/32X/Sega CD.model 1and 2
snes model 1 and 2 painted with led modz
playstation scph 1001,5501,9001,101slim
Saturn model 2 with gameshark cart/region free
2gamecubes launch model/with component port/and without with hushtrap full cd case /sd card dol-019/gb player Dol-017,mic dol-o22 and official travel case
5 Dreamcast 0,1 dreamshell /hacked bios/mods/led/
4 xbox version 1.0 x2 / 1.1 /1.3/1.5 Halo edition/soft mods/decals/paint/case mods/
twiner69 4

Custom Title: The First

Postby SeaNec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:59 am

Like The_Codstr said it is an Xbox controller , the BACK and START buttons for this controller are in the left section of it. I got my Xbox in a thrift shop and it also came with an controller which I can't find any info about.
The funny thing is that a while ago I download an pdf manual for the original xbox, the official one and I remember reading the setting up section. The breakaway cable allows the controller to be disconnected in case of it being pulled. The line went something like: "Otherwise the console might fall and damage your children" or something among those lines lol. And it's true, that console weight can cause some serious damage.

SeaNec 3

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Biggsy666 wrote:
AmadeusEisenberg wrote:

Not the 360 one, it has a different connection. if you have big hands take a look at the 'dukes' controller.

Yeah, I went to look at them and noticed they're different indeed. Ah, that seems to be the badass original. I've seen plenty of discussions about the size. I think my hands are pretty big. Just very skinny, with long skinny fingers. Like a piano player or something. I should be able to tame that space ship in my hands.

AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 pm

SeaNec wrote:

Like The_Codstr said it is an Xbox controller , the BACK and START buttons for this controller are in the left section of it. I got my Xbox in a thrift shop and it also came with an controller which I can't find any info about.
The funny thing is that a while ago I download an pdf manual for the original xbox, the official one and I remember reading the setting up section. The breakaway cable allows the controller to be disconnected in case of it being pulled. The line went something like: "Otherwise the console might fall and damage your children" or something among those lines lol. And it's true, that console weight can cause some serious damage.

Other things have designs and instructions for keeping them safe from people. The Xbox has a design to keep people safe from it! That's how badass it is! Bet no child would enjoy 4 kilos of XBOX on their face, haha.

AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:02 pm

Thank you all so much for the helpful replies. The seller just offered to send another controller today. I'll just take that for now. There's also a seller in my country, who I contacted first. But they were really slow. I called them many times, we talked and I also sent a mail. So I decided to import, as a last resort. But I finally got a reply to my mail from the seller in my country as well and was able to take things a step forward with them. I might also buy a Crystal Xbox from them, they seem to have many and mentioned that one. See what kind of controller I'll get...and thought I might as well get another Xbox with it.

AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Postby SeaNec » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:32 pm

AmadeusEisenberg wrote:
SeaNec wrote:

Other things have designs and instructions for keeping them safe from people. The Xbox has a design to keep people safe from it! That's how badass it is! Bet no child would enjoy 4 kilos of XBOX on their face, haha.

For the sake of it , here it is:

SeaNec 3

Postby AmadeusEisenberg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:16 pm

SeaNec wrote:For the sake of it , here it is:

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if Microsoft has traps in the secret underground areas of their headquarters involving Xboxes that crush you or roll over you :)

AmadeusEisenberg Newbie

Return to Xbox Gaming