Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

2016 Softmodding Tool v1 testers needed

Discuss apps and emulators here - Found a new release? Let us know by posting here!

Re: 2016 Softmodding Tool v1 testers needed

Postby Rocky5 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:21 pm

OK I just tested the files and my USB pen formatted and they work fine.

I used:
USB FATX Formatter v1.3.2 ( UFF )
Xplorer360 Beta6

Now to get UFF to actually add the FatX header to your USB pen, you need to corrupt the USB do a full format and count to 10 then pull it out, this will corrupt the file system on the pen.
Now onto UFF insert your USB Pen again if you haven't and then launch UFF in administrator mode, now select your USB device in the drop down list ( make sure its the correct USB device, as it lists all drive connected ) now pick "Format USB" and close the program. Now reopen UFF and this time pick "Quick Format USB" option, the quick format writes the header to the USB.
( you may need to close UFF again by right clicking the icon in the taskbar, as it seems to stay running when run in administrator mode )

Now Xplorer360 will see the drive, just select Partition0 and drag all the folders onto the right hand side, pick close in the drive drop down menu when done. Now eject your USB devise properly.
( No need to load it as administrator, you cant drag and drop when it launched in that mode )

Now in the case of my USB Pen ( SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device 4GB ) I have to turn the Xbox on with the Pen connected or it corrupts.

I also made a video, that will be going a long with the Softmod.

Yeah the block sizes are larger when using Xplorer360, I had just used FTP to put them on the HDD.

kaos_engr wrote:Would I use the Quick Upgrade files to install the the Xmas softmod on it or the Quick Update ones as it's already softmodded with an older mod?

Quick Upgrade, the Quick update will give you an error saying you're not running my 2016 softmod.

Download 2016 Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby Rocky5 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:51 pm

kaos_engr wrote:I did the drag and drop and it finally worked as expected with Xplorer360 but still the same result.

MSDash shows that the 2016 Softmodding Tool save is 471 blocks and the AUF save is 9 blocks.

The main icon shown for both is XBOX softmodding tool to the left and the icon to the right changes for the AUF save showing the 007:AUF icon.

The Splinter Cell save is 8 blocks. I just can't get this xbox's dvd drive to read my copy of Splinter Cell.

Here is the video I was talking about, I softmod the Xbox with 007, I had zero issues in it loading.
I updated the test zips to use the smaller size build, so your sizes should match what's in the video.

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby kaos_engr » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:04 pm

Okay, I obtained a copy of 007:AUF original not the Platinum Hits version 1448517 that worked with the older BFM softmod.

Again red ring and blank screen with the Platinum hits edition; however, using the original 007:AUF worked! YEAH! (see below update 2)

P.S. I'd also reformatted the Flash Drive with USB FATX Formatter (UFF) v1.3.2 as you suggested and recopied the game saves to it.

Update: The IMPORTANT INFO window at the end of the softmod copying ends with "and keep it saf..." I was wondering if it was to say "safe". It looks like the text to display is too wide for the popup window and prints those dots at the end. I'm on 480p Normal setup on and SD TV.

Oh nice, screen saver, "2016 Softmodding Tool" text bouncing around on the screen.

Update 2: I just rebooted after finishing softmod install and ejected the disc I bought as an original 007:AUF and as I'm putting the disc back in the box I see plainly blazened across it Platinum Hits too and the same disc ID 1448517 of the first copy of 007:AUF I tried that did NOT work.

kaos_engr 3

Postby kaos_engr » Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:33 pm

Now for something completely different.

FTP to newly softmodded xbox using filezilla paths are strange:

Jun 21 1182:13 C
Jun 21 1182:13 E
Jun 21 1182:13 X
Jun 21 1182:13 Y
Jun 21 1182:13 Z

Cannot CWD into any drive letter

Filezilla log entries when attempting to CWD to C:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/Jun 21 1182:13 C"...
Command: CWD Jun 21 1182:13 C
Response: 553 "Jun 21 118213 C": Directory not found.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

The extraneous text before the drive letter changes next time I login to the FTP server. Well not every time but I did see a "Feb 04 ... C" don't recall all of the exact text. But can't seem to get it to change anymore. maybe I was seeing things

kaos_engr 3

Postby Rocky5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:32 pm

kaos_engr wrote:Now for something completely different.

FTP to newly softmodded xbox using filezilla paths are strange:

Jun 21 1182:13 C
Jun 21 1182:13 E
Jun 21 1182:13 X
Jun 21 1182:13 Y
Jun 21 1182:13 Z

Cannot CWD into any drive letter

Filezilla log entries when attempting to CWD to C:

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Status: Retrieving directory listing of "/Jun 21 1182:13 C"...
Command: CWD Jun 21 1182:13 C
Response: 553 "Jun 21 118213 C": Directory not found.
Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing

The extraneous text before the drive letter changes next time I login to the FTP server. Well not every time but I did see a "Feb 04 ... C" don't recall all of the exact text. But can't seem to get it to change anymore. maybe I was seeing things

This happens with version of UnleashX after build 570 and Filezilla. There is nothing I can do unfortunately.

You have a couple options:
1) You can type C, E eg... into the remote site address bar
2) Download "UnleashX V0.39.0212 Build 570" as this doesn't have the issue with Filezilla.
3) Use a different FTP program, as its only Filezilla and WinSCP that seem to have the issue.

I need to use "UnleashX V0.39.0528 Build 584" as it has the skinning features I use in the skins.

Also yes its meant to say safe.

I cannot fix the problem with it cutting off text, as its how unleashx deals with custom text inside a dialogue. If I were to make it all one paragraph then it wouldn't have this issue. Also 480p can cause this to happen some times, I may set the installers xml back to 480i only.

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby Rocky5 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:07 pm

OK so spent some time doing the download pages for the softmod and the extras disc, anyone think I need to add anything more? There should be enough information.

How the Softmods page will look:

2016 Softmodding Tool v1.0
Created by Rocky5

Background:

I set out to try to make the softmodding process as pain free and user friendly as possible and to be honest I think I nailed it.
    You don't need to have a specific MS dashboard version or mess about in menus trying to backup your EEPROM.bin or even working out what version to install.

I take all that and do it for you, I backup the EEPROM.bin I give you an easy to use settings menu ( NKPatcher Settings ) that has all the info you need
    to get the just of things. I have also made it as safe as I possibly can, by having recovery dashboards and fail safes in place in case you remove your
    dashboard or you format your E partition eg... you can always recover.

I even added support for 15 dashboard locations, so every other softmod dashboard install location is covered.
    Note: Making changes in the unprotected C partition is not advised unless you know what you are doing, you will know you are in this mode if you see
    a folder named "Do not touch anything in here" lol
Main Features:
Spoiler:

Supports all Xbox versions
    Supports all currently exploitable games
    Obviously runs unsigned code
    Doesn't require a certain Microsoft Dashboard version
    User friendly interface
    Information buttons on all menus
    Mandatory ShadowC partition
    Increased ShadowC partition size (485mb)
    Small footprint *
    Dualbooting support
    Simple and easy to use settings menu
    Repair missing dashboards, right from the Xbox
    Repair Softmod right from the Xbox
    Extremely simple to install
    Extremely difficult to break the softmod
    Supports the Xbox HDD partition table
    Clock auto set to 01/01/2016 (No more clock loops)
    Multiple dashboard locations built in
      > C:\XBMC\default.xbe
      > E:\XBMC\default.xbe
      > F:\XBMC\default.xbe
      > C:\dashboard\default.xbe
      > E:\dashboard\default.xbe
      > F:\dashboard\default.xbe
      > C:\dash\default.xbe
      > E:\dash\default.xbe
      > F:\dash\default.xbe
      > E:\default.xbe
      > E:\dashboard.xbe
      > C:\evoxdash.xbe
      > E:\evoxdash.xbe
      > C:\XBMC.xbe
      > E:\XBMC.xbe

NKPatcher Settings:
Spoiler:

NKPatcher, this is the second stage of the Softmod. This is what patches the kernel after the NDURE exploit is executed and gives you all the lovely unsigned code and fancy features.
    NKPatcher Settings allows you to modify certain aspects of NKPatcher in a safe manor.
    At the top of each menus there is an "Information" button, this will give you a description of the menu you are in.

Dashboard Settings
        > Backup, Restore or Move
          This is used to move or restore a clean copy of UnleashX, as well as backup your dashboards.
        > Dualbooting
          Enable:
            This option is used to enabled dualbooting, you get asked if you would like a dashboard setup for you when you select this option.
          Disable:
            This option is used to disabled the dualbooting process. You are also asked if you would like the alt dashboard to be removed.
          Update:
            This option is to be used if you want to use your own custom dualbooting path, you can use the "OpenDash Dualboot.settings" tool to do this, it explains things.
          Restore:
            This option will restore the stock dualboot.settings file.
        Change your fan speed
          Self explanatory.
        Change your LED colour
          Self explanatory.
        Kernel Fonts
          > Advanced Features
            > Kernel Font Options
              Install Kernel Font:
                This option will install a kernel specific font. This isn't really needed but if there are boot issues this can fix the issue.
              Restore Generic Font:
                This option will restore the generic font to the Xbox. This font works on all Xbox kernel versions and is the default font used.
            > XTF Font Delay Options
              Remove:
                Removes these delay files.
              Fix 1:
                Installs 1 delay file, in hope it fixes your boot issue.
              Fix 2:
                Installs 2 delay files, in hope that fixes your boot issue.
        Change partition variations
          Default:
            This is the standard/default option, this allows Partition 6 ( F ) to use all available extra space.
          Partition F & G:
            This option allows a F and G partition. Where F takes upto 137GB and G takes the remaining space of the drive.
          XBPartitioner:
            This option is a placebo option, all above options will allow the partition table, I just added this for simplistic reasons.
        Change video modes
          Default:
            This is the default mode, supports all video mode.
          Force Progressive:
            This option will force 480p video mode even if your game doest support it. Note: This will make the image distorted in PAL video mode.
        Enable/disable virtual EEPROM
          Enable:
            This option will enable the virtual eeprom. This will install a copy of your Xbox eeprom.bin to the HDD and use it instead of the onboard one.
          Disable:
            This option will disable the virtual eeprom. Allowing you to edit the onboard one. ( not recommended to go modifying the eeprom if you don't know what you're doing )
          Backup EEPROM Tool:
            This option will load my "2016 Softmod Tool Kit" and backup the eeprom. You will be taken back to the NKPatcher Settings when complete.
        Modules & Settings
          > Modules
            > Built in Modules
              These are what I use to do specific tasks.
            > User Modules
              If you make your own, you will see them here. ( you add your own to the modules folder inside the NKPatcher Settings App )
          > UnleashX Settings
            This is the settings menu for UnleashX, change network settings video settings eg...

Source code:
Spoiler:

This softmod is fully open source, you can find the full source code on my GitHub with everything I have used/created in a nice organised manner.
    If you are a windows user, I have created batch files to do most of the heavy lifting, so it makes my life and yours simple when building stuff.

Note: The Xbox XDK and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 is required to build some of the tools.

GitHub = https://github.com/Rocky5/2016-Softmodding-Tool

Credits:
Spoiler:

I would like to thank the following, without there contributions to the Xbox scene we would not have what we have today.
      Original NKPatcher:
        Rmenhal without this guy we wouldn't have NKP or the advanced fonts we use today.
      NKPatcher Unofficial Edits:
        Xman954 & kingroach added some cracking features to NKPatcher.
      PBLoader - Metoo Edition:
        Team Phoenix, ldotsfan, & Rmenhal
      UnleashX:
        James for such an amazing dashboard, without his work on UnleashX there would be no Softmod installers as we know it.
      The original XBMC team:
        For XBMC Shortcut XBE Source
      MS Source leak:
        & without this person we wouldn't have the bios files or NKPatchers we have today.
      Background Music
        http://www.dl-sounds.com/royalty-free/house-loop-2016/

Youtube Channel:
    Here is my Youtube Channel.
    There you can find videos on "How to setup your USB Pen and install a Softmod", "How to clone your Hard drive using Chimp 261812 from start to finish." and many other crappy videos I make for the Xbox :P

How the Extras Disc page will look:

2016 Softmodding Tool Extras Disc v1.0
Created by Rocky5

Background:

This disc was designed to be accessible and contain all the popular dashboards and applications.
    I also made it so you can upgrade older softmod to the 2016 Softmod or update the "2016 Softmod" to the latest version if you were running one of the RC builds or and even update the 2014 Softmod if you were using that.

Main Features:
Spoiler:

Install alternative dashboards
      > Avalaunch
      > EvolutionX
      > UnleashX
      > XBMC 3.5.3
      > XBMC4Kids
    Install useful applications
      > DVD2Xbox
      > DVDX v2
      > EEPROM Backup Tool
      > Enigmah-X
      > NKPatcher Settings
      > Xored Mini launcher with 882 trainers
      > Note Alt Dashboards can be installed as applications.
    Install game mods & homebrew
      -- Homebrew --
        > Aliens versus Predator Gold
        > DoomX
        > Super Mario War 1.8
        > Super Mario War 1.8 Halloween Edition
        > xDuke
      -- Mods --
        > FIFA 07 - real gameplay mod
        > Operation Flashpoint Elite - Addons
        > Richard Burns Rally - Textures & realistic damage & physics.
        > WWE Wrestlemania XXI - CrazyChris ModPack v1, crap-loads of changes.
    Install Microsoft dashboards
      > Official 5960
      > My hacked 4920 version
    Clear the Xbox Cache
      This will clear the E:\Cache folder and the X, Y & Z partitions.
    Upgrade the 2014 Softmod to my 2016 Softmod
      Used to upgrade from my 2014 Softmod.
    Update the 2016 Softmod
      This is used to update to a newer version of the softmod. Your dashboards are not touched, I only update the backend.
    Upgrade Older Softmods to my 2016 Softmod Kit
      Used to upgrade from any other softmod to mine, or install a clean softmod.
    Restore your Xbox to an un-softmodded state
      I install all softmod saves and the UDDAE exploit so you can resoftmod without the need for a exploitable game.
    Advanced Apps
      > Chimp 261812
      > XBPartitioner
    NKPatcher Settings Disc version
      Has limited options, use the HDD version.
    As well loads of other features.

Update, Upgrade & Restore info:
Spoiler:

1. Updating the 2016 Softmod to the latest version:
      You can use the "2016 Softmodding Tool Extras Disc" to update the Softmod.
      All you need to do is burn the new ISO & select the "Update 2016 Softmod" option, located in the "Advanced Features" menu, just follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Updating the 2014 Softmod to the 2016 version:
      You can use the "2016 Softmodding Tool Extras Disc" to update the Softmod.
      All you need to do is burn the new ISO & select the "Update 2014 Softmod" option, located in the "Advanced Features" menu, just follow the on-screen instructions.

3. Upgrade Older Softmods:
      You can use the "2016 Softmodding Tool Extras Disc" to update older Softmods to my new softmod.
      All you need to do is burn the new ISO & select the "Upgrade Old Softmods" option, located in the "Advanced Features" menu, just follow the on-screen instructions.

4. Restoring to a clean install of my 2016 Softmod:
      You can use the "2016 Softmodding Tool Extras Disc" to install a clean install of my 2016 softmod.
      All you need to do is burn the new ISO & select the "Upgrade Old Softmods" option, located in the "Advanced Features" menu, just follow the on-screen instructions.
    The great thing about the above, is it requires no FTP access or knowledge on how to update/restore softmods, great for people who are new to the Xbox scene.

Hidden Features
Spoiler:

> Hold the (Black) button when booting the Disc to load directly into "Enigmah Video Switcher" This is handy if your TV doesn't support PAL or NTSC video signals, you can blind change the setting.

> Hold the (White) button when booting the Disc to load directly into the unprotected ShadowC mode. Your on your own here, there is a disclaimer at the top of the menu read it.

> Hold the (White) button when booting the Disc in "unprotected ShadowC mode" to load directly into the normal mode. Why not add that :lol:.

Source code:
Spoiler:

This softmod is fully open source, you can find the full source code on my GitHub with everything I have used/created in a nice organised manner.
    If you are a windows user, I have created batch files to do most of the heavy lifting, so it makes my life and yours simple when building stuff.

Note: The Xbox XDK and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 is required to build some of the tools.

GitHub = https://github.com/Rocky5/2016-Softmodding-Tool

Credits:
Spoiler:

I would like to thank the following, without there contributions to the Xbox scene we would not have what we have today.
      Original NKPatcher:
        Rmenhal without this guy we wouldn't have NKP or the advanced fonts we use today.
      NKPatcher Unofficial Edits:
        Xman954 & kingroach added some cracking features to NKPatcher.
      PBLoader - Metoo Edition:
        Team Phoenix, ldotsfan, & Rmenhal
      UnleashX:
        James for such an amazing dashboard, without his work on UnleashX there would be no Softmod installers as we know it.
      The original XBMC team:
        For XBMC Shortcut XBE Source
      MS Source leak:
        & without this person we wouldn't have the bios files or NKPatchers we have today.
      Background Music
        http://www.dl-sounds.com/royalty-free/house-loop-2016/

Youtube Channel:
    Here is my Youtube Channel.
    There you can find videos on "How to setup your USB Pen and install a Softmod", "How to clone your Hard drive using Chimp 261812 from start to finish." and many other crappy videos I make for the Xbox :P

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby kaos_engr » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:20 pm

Tried and succeeded installing on three (3) different xboxes, 2 - 1.4's and 1 - 1.6. One of the 1.4's had been opened and the owner swapped out the Samsung drive and put in a Thomson drive that has difficulty reading original game discs right now.

First problem (in the beginning):
After copying the game save and softmod file from memory card to the xbox hdd, I've been pressing the eject button which soft resets the xbox and ejects the DVD tray. Next, I load the game disc, close the tray, the game starts then run the game save. Every time I've loaded the game save to start the softmod, the power ring goes red and the screen goes blank. However, if I now power cycle the xbox and load the game and start the game save, the softmodding tool will start prompting me to press (A) to do the install.

Second problem (at the end):
At the point where you tell the user to remove the game disc and press (A) for understand, I'll press eject there and upon restart the softmod tells me I've been a bad boy and removed some files and has to fix the problem. Every time it tries to fix the problem on next start up it still says there's a problem and I just have to reinstall the softmod and wait until the power cycle restarts the xbox before ejecting the game disk.

Does that make sense? Would be nice if the 2016 Softmodding Tool would eject the disk for the user to remove the game then press (A) to start the power cycle needed to finish the installation.

If done at the correct time, the install works without a problem. But, if one presses eject to remove the game disk before pressing (A) to restart at the end of installation and wait until after the xbox restarts to eject the game disk, the softmod will be messed up every time and complain about needing repair.

Just a simple timing issue here as to when the game disc is to be removed.

kaos_engr 3

Postby Rocky5 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:40 pm

kaos_engr wrote:First problem (in the beginning):
After copying the game save and softmod file from memory card to the xbox hdd, I've been pressing the eject button which soft resets the xbox and ejects the DVD tray. Next, I load the game disc, close the tray, the game starts then run the game save. Every time I've loaded the game save to start the softmod, the power ring goes red and the screen goes blank. However, if I now power cycle the xbox and load the game and start the game save, the softmodding tool will start prompting me to press (A) to do the install.

When do you eject the disc?

So if you turn the Xbox on from an powered off state it loads the exploit, but if you load the disc from the MSDash it won't load the exploit?

Also hardware issues aren't really my issue, the exploit works on every console I have tried it on and same for others, there was one other that had to run the SC exploit twice for it to load, black screen red LED. ( I cannot reproduce this )

kaos_engr wrote:Second problem (at the end):
At the point where you tell the user to remove the game disc and press (A) for understand, I'll press eject there and upon restart the softmod tells me I've been a bad boy and removed some files and has to fix the problem. Every time it tries to fix the problem on next start up it still says there's a problem and I just have to reinstall the softmod and wait until the power cycle restarts the xbox before ejecting the game disk.

Does that make sense? Would be nice if the 2016 Softmodding Tool would eject the disk for the user to remove the game then press (A) to start the power cycle needed to finish the installation.

If done at the correct time, the install works without a problem. But, if one presses eject to remove the game disk before pressing (A) to restart at the end of installation and wait until after the xbox restarts to eject the game disk, the softmod will be messed up every time and complain about needing repair.

When the softmod is installed I tell you to remove the disc after the Xbox has rebooted, there is nothing I can do if the end user doesn't read what I wrote. The Xbox sets a flag when an original disc is loaded it's called the ROE flag ( reset on eject ) so if you eject the disc it will reset the console.

Well that's you all softmodded. See, I told you it was a painless process. But now I need to restart the Xbox, so take the disc out when the Xbox starts up again.

I may just change it to shutdown before I upload it to here or use the prep folder so it will load that on first boot, but really I shouldn't need to.

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby kaos_engr » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Rocky5 wrote:
kaos_engr wrote:First problem (in the beginning):

When do you eject the disc?

After copying the game save and softmod files to the xbox, I press eject button to load the game disc. No disc was in the DVD when copying the save files to the HDD. I'm loading the game disc after copying the softmod files from the memcard/flash drive to the xbox HDD within MSDash's Memory section.

Rocky5 wrote:So if you turn the Xbox on from an powered off state it loads the exploit, but if you load the disc from the MSDash it won't load the exploit?

Yes, if I load the game disc, which does a soft reset, and start playing the exploited game save immediately after copying the files using MSDash, the LED ring turns red and the screen goes black.

If I power cycling the xbox, the softmodding tool runs as expected.

Rocky5 wrote:Also hardware issues aren't really my issue, the exploit works on every console I have tried it on and same for others, there was one other that had to run the SC exploit twice for it to load, black screen red LED. ( I cannot reproduce this )

OK. :D

Rocky5 wrote:
kaos_engr wrote:Second problem (at the end):

When the softmod is installed I tell you to remove the disc after the Xbox has rebooted, there is nothing I can do if the end user doesn't read what I wrote. The Xbox sets a flag when an original disc is loaded it's called the ROE flag ( reset on eject ) so if you eject the disc it will reset the console.

Well that's you all softmodded. See, I told you it was a painless process. But now I need to restart the Xbox, so take the disc out when the Xbox starts up again.

I may just change it to shutdown before I upload it to here or use the prep folder so it will load that on first boot, but really I shouldn't need to.

Just me doing things when I wanted to and not when you told me to! :oops:

So when the exploit is running, can you via software control eject the disk without resetting the xbox? Or, is the no reset on eject feature not yet available?

I was like okay do I take the disc out NOW before pressing (A) signalling that I "Understand" (but you see I really didn't understand) or did you really mean after I press (A) the xbox will restart and and I eject the game disc at this time.

(I was just being impatient at the end ready to get into UnleashX before it was ready for me!)

kaos_engr 3

Postby Rocky5 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:50 pm

kaos_engr wrote:Just me doing things when I wanted to and not when you told me to! :oops:

So when the exploit is running, can you via software control eject the disk without resetting the xbox? Or, is the no reset on eject feature not yet available?

I was like okay do I take the disc out NOW before pressing (A) signalling that I "Understand" (but you see I really didn't understand) or did you really mean after I press (A) the xbox will restart and and I eject the game disc at this time.

(I was just being impatient at the end ready to get into UnleashX before it was ready for me!)

No it can only be patched out after the softmod.
After the softmod is installed I would need to enable it in NKPatcher, which I don't. So any disc based game will ROE.

Also yeah I meant after you press (A) the Xbox will reboot and then you eject the disc.

I may reword it or change it to how I do the upgrade and update installations.
( I use the Prep folder, so this means if you do what you done it will still run and do its thing )

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby cruzer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:50 am

I'm having an issue with no standard 5960 dashboard found
Only disc that works is splinter cell

I have tried booting with this tool disc and get error 21

cruzer 2

Postby cruzer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:57 am

cruzer wrote:I'm having an issue with no standard 5960 dashboard found
Only disc that works is splinter cell

I have tried booting with this tool disc and get error 21

Nevermind. .Rookie mistake by me. Problem resolved
I will try this tool on next install

Thanks

cruzer 2

Postby kaos_engr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 am

Installed on v1.4 xbox with

K:1.00.5530.01
D:1.00.5659.03

Works perfectly once power cycling xbox after gamesave copy to hdd.

Freezes with power ring RED and blank screen most times when attempting install directly from MS Dashboard.

Steps performed:
1. Boot Xbox to MS Dashboard.
2. Insert thumbdrive into USB adapter.
3. Enter MS Dashboard Memory Area.
4. Move to thumbdrive storage location
5. Copy softmod and game save files to HDD.
6. Press eject to load the game disc.
7. Wait for game to get to point where game save can be loaded.
8. Load game save from HDD to start softmodding process.

Right to RED power ring and blank screen. Stuck :shock:

Power cycle Xbox with game disc still in DVD tray, repeat steps 7 and 8, Xbox Softmodding Tool Press (A) to install shows up.

kaos_engr 3

Postby Rocky5 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:41 am

kaos_engr wrote:Installed on v1.4 xbox with

K:1.00.5530.01
D:1.00.5659.03

Works perfectly once power cycling xbox after gamesave copy to hdd.

Freezes with power ring RED and blank screen most times when attempting install directly from MS Dashboard.

Steps performed:
1. Boot Xbox to MS Dashboard.
2. Insert thumbdrive into USB adapter.
3. Enter MS Dashboard Memory Area.
4. Move to thumbdrive storage location
5. Copy softmod and game save files to HDD.
6. Press eject to load the game disc.
7. Wait for game to get to point where game save can be loaded.
8. Load game save from HDD to start softmodding process.

Right to RED power ring and blank screen. Stuck :shock:

Power cycle Xbox with game disc still in DVD tray, repeat steps 7 and 8, Xbox Softmodding Tool Press (A) to install shows up.

I'm reverting to BFM bios and PBL for the install of the softmod, as v1.0 Xbox seem to panic when loading NKPatcher 11 via a save exploit. NKpatcher 10 works fine but it requires a cold boot to load properly on some Xbox, so PBL + BFM bios works ever time.

So thank god I never uploaded the softmod here, as I had to change quite a bit to work with the new install process and other changes I have made to make the softmod install process a streamlined as possible.
( I have updated since you tested it, if you want to test the new build let me know )

XBMC4Kids Mod

PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 7

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:11 am

I'll test the new method. I've kept notes of what happened on each xbox as I softmodded it.

I know some systems install without a problem (meaning direct from MSDashboard loading game/save to softmod) others require a power cycle as they hang instead when loading.

Not quire sure why, I've not had any that did not work after a power cycle and reloading the game/save to softmod.

kaos_engr 3

Previous

Return to Xbox Homebrew Discussion