Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Phoenix bios Loader. How to use?

Discuss apps and emulators here - Found a new release? Let us know by posting here!

Phoenix bios Loader. How to use?

Postby maneesh333 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello guys, I was wondering how to pbl a new bios. I have the x2 bios on my xecuter 2.6 chip. Now wanted to pbl the m8 or any other bios to it. To run certain games and some apps that dont work with the x2 bios. But i have no idea how to do it. i tried searching around. but didnt really get any useful tutorials about it. Something a little step by step would be much appreciated. thank you for your help...

maneesh333 Newbie

Re: Phoenix bios Loader. How to use?

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:36 pm

PBL loads a BFM (boot from media BIOS image) into RAM replacing the BIOS loaded from the modchip. For PBL, they have to be the BFM versions of a BIOS not the dot bin one would flash to a modchip/TSOP.

The xbins.org nfo for Phoenix Bios Loader 1.4.1's not enough! :)

.:::::::::New Phoenix bios loader Quick Boot Focus support by Yoshihiro Gueux'Net::::::::.

...:::::::::New add ::::::::::....

boot faster :p no animation
correction of the defect led
debug desactivate For New bios not tested Sorry :)
-------------------------------------------
Rom bins go in Bioses subfolder on the box.
Need all the jpegs copied to work properly.
------------------------------------------
RC4 key is add in boot.cfg.
:::::::::Warning:::::::::
Old boot.cfg will not work.
A within timeout period to enter bios selection menu.
Black to exit bios selection menu without selecting a bios.
White to reload bios list.
Can replace jpegs with others, of any dimension.
Jpegs must be RGB.
Font jpeg must be 16x14 chars.

Run the PBL app (default.xbe), select the BFM BIOS to load and PBLreplaces the BIOS in memory with the one you selected.

What problems are you having with the X2 BIOS and which X2 BIOS version? There are several with X2 4983.[06,67] being the latest 256KB version and X2 5035 the latest 512KB version.

U can use Evoxdash to flash a newer BIOS to the X2.6 modchip. PBL doesn't write a BIOS to a chip, it replaces the currently loaded/running copy in RAM with a different BIOS.

kaos_engr 6

Postby 32bitDragon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:04 pm

All I remember is that I never actually flashed it and just ran it every time I needed to use my vga adapter for my xbox (to get rid of the green tint), like kaos_engr explains, here's a old ass video of me using phoenix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7O5Lz_lhU woo best game ever and you still need a xbox to run it, take that xbox one/360!

32bitDragon 3

Postby maneesh333 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:43 am

Thanks for replying. Ok I'm going to be honest with you guys(though I'm embarrassed :D ). I was trying to play the dead or alive beach volleyball game. Downloaded it from here. And did everything to make it work without any luck. Then I read the game comments and one of them said that t game definitely doesn't work on the x2 bios. So I figured that could be my problem too. But I didn't want to flash the chip with a new bios cause everything else is working perfectly. So thought I'll try this. So where do I get the bfm bios? Is it available on xbins?

maneesh333 Newbie

Return to Xbox Homebrew Discussion