Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

coin ops 7 openbor repack

Discuss apps and emulators here - Found a new release? Let us know by posting here!

coin ops 7 openbor repack

Postby changospank » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Hey folks. someone just asked if i could get some info on Coinops 7 openbor repack. he just mentioned some homebrew titles that I already forgot the name of. i thought if anyone knew it would be the awesome people at the Isozone. looked it up for a but wondering if anything has changed or users have found some issues with it or whatever just looking for more info about the pack. thanks in advanced.

psx unmodded- could never get the flashing right on my chips
ps2 slim-fmcb
wii softmodded plays wii and gamecube games
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
xbox classic tsop 160 gb xbmc.
n64
xeno gc chipped gamecube x3.
indigo
black
black no component output.
changospank 4

Re: coin ops 7 openbor repack

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:13 pm

here's some info I found about this Repack (size: 10.68 GB):

Hello Guys,

This is an update of original dawner99's pack.

We have updated the pack with marquees & videos missed. Also we have fixed some games correctly to match with the supported list.

The pack is structured ready for FTP to CoinOPS. OpenBOR games must be in F:OpenBOR if not the games don't work. I recomend delete all your previous OpenBOR pack and make a new install with this pack.

OpenBOR for CoinOPS. wrote:Please follow the install instructions below EXACTLY. *** FAILURE TO DO SO WILL ENSURE THAT YOUR OPENBOR SETUP WILL NOT WORK ***

FAQ:

1) What is OpenBOR?
OpenBOR is a game engine / framework to (more or less) easily (fan)games. Most of the created games are inspired by classic arcade or console beat 'em ups like Double Dragon, Final Fight etc
For more informations please visit the official OpenBOR community at http://lavalit.com:8080/

2) How does it work?
Every game is delivered in a *.pak file, a container which includes all needed data of the game. The game itself can be played with the official OpenBOR engine.
The OpenBOR engine is ported to various platforms like PC(Windows), Dreamcast, XBOX, PSP.
No ports of the single game paks needed, only the core engine has to be ported.

3) Which OpenBOR version is used in this pack?
The latest XBOX port of OpenBOR v3.0 Build 3688 was used (http://lavalit.com:8080/index.php/topic,6665.0.html). It supports 720p HD output and fixes many issues on the old OpenBOR engine
I added the current core engine (/05 etc/OpenBOR/OpenBORv3_3698.rar) and the last release based on OpenBOR v2.0 (/05 etc/OpenBOR/OpenBORv2_1933.zip).
May some older games only run or run better on the cold core.

4) OK, I want try the old v2 OpenBOR engine
It's easy to do that. Just extract the OpenBORv2_1933.zip and put the *.pak file of your game into the /OpenBOR/Paks folder of v2 core

5) Where can I find more games?
I spent lots of hours to collect all these games on various sites so I think it contains the most important OpenBOR games but fore sure some games are missing.
A lot of games and demos are available at the OpenBOR community (http://lavalit.com:8080/). You can find tons of videos at youtube (just search for OpenBOR).
And as alway: google is your friend for other sources of new game stuff!

----------------------------------
--- Install instructions: ----
----------------------------------

1) Copy games
--------------
Copy them to your xbox harddrive via FTP to F:\OpenBOR. For example F:\OpenBOR\XBOX_XBOR_ATaleOfVengeance\

2) Copy videos
--------------
Copy the videos via FTP to one of the available video-folders of CoinOPS (for example: \CoinOPS 7\videos\XBOX)

3) Copy pointers (*.zip)
------------------------
Copy the pointers via FTP to CoinOPS rom folder (\CoinOPS 7\roms)

4) Copy shortcuts (*.xbe)
-------------------------
Copy the shortcuts via FTP to your CoinOPS root folder, for example: \CoinOps\XBOX_XBOR_ATaleOfVengeance.xbe)

5) Copy marquees
-------------------------
Copy the marquees via FTP to your CoinOPS 7 marquees folder, for example: \CoinOPS 7\marquees\XBOX\XBOX_XBOR_ATaleOfVengeance.png)

Attention: The xbe shortcuts expect the games at F:\OpenBOR\<game_name>\default.xbe (for example: F:\OpenBOR\XBOX_XBOR_ATaleOfVengeance\default.xbe). If the game could NOT found at that directory (because you used another folder like F:\games, you copied the games to your G:\ drive or whatever), the xbe shortcuts will not work. You have to make then your own shortscuts for your local folder structure (you can make shortcuts easily with "XBE Shortcut Maker", it's delivered with CoinOps at CoinOps\- READ ME !!!! CoinOPS 4\Xbe Shortcut Maker.exe)

Thanks to Maverick1978, kepeb, Therich & smithis for help me with this update.

Enjoy!

ToniHC

Maverick1978 wrote:FWIW. thanks should go to ToniHC, kepeb, therich, and smithis. I really only made a dozen or so of the marquees before time was no longer on my side

All in all, a fantastic pack, and I'm looking forward to playing it!

kaos_engr 6

Postby Berzerk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 am

This is a awesome pack everything pretty much works great. For some reason GI Joe does not work crashes at the select screen. They tried everything to get it to work but could not fix it. It is missing a couple. It is missing Eternal Champions this one is not that hard to find on the net. It is also missing Darkstalkers but every version of it I found does not work crashes always at the character select screen for me. The pack is at Back-ups.me.

Berzerk 4

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby changospank » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 am

thanks for the info folks i will try it out.

psx unmodded- could never get the flashing right on my chips
ps2 slim-fmcb
wii softmodded plays wii and gamecube games
xbox 360 slim unmodded-
xbox classic tsop 160 gb xbmc.
n64
xeno gc chipped gamecube x3.
indigo
black
black no component output.
changospank 4

Return to Xbox Homebrew Discussion