Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Extraction problem

Discuss apps and emulators here - Found a new release? Let us know by posting here!

Extraction problem

Postby tinpanalley » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm trying to extract an ISO using c-xboxtool but I keep getting told that it's not an x-iso image. Is this the only way to extract an XBOX ISO to FTP it to my console?

tinpanalley 2

Re: Extraction problem

Postby oldxbox75 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:15 pm

it may be a gdf iso XDK version.

options are burn it
mount it and re make xiso
mount and extact direct to xbox

maybe more options

oldxbox75 6

Postby tinpanalley » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm

I tried just extracting the ISO and FTPing those files to the XBOX, didn't work.

I'll try burning it on a DVD-RW. Burn it with any program in particular? Will imgburn work?
Otherwise, what program is best for taking the burned disc and extracting an XISO from it?

And just out of interest, what exactly is that XISO format? Just a proprietary locked XBOX image?

Edited,
...nevermind, problem solved...

Last edited by eugenerobinhood1 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post.
tinpanalley 2

Postby kaos_engr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:33 pm

tinpanalley wrote:...nevermind, problem solved...

How, what was the problem?

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:04 am

I hate it when that happens.

So many times I've searched for information on a range of subjects and found an old thread in some long forgotten forum where somebody has posted a similar or even the same question. You read through the thread and the last post is something just like ".....nevermind, problem solved....." and nothing more. It is really frustrating.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby tinpanalley » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:26 am

HisDivineShadow wrote:I hate it when that happens.

So many times I've searched for information on a range of subjects and found an old thread in some long forgotten forum where somebody has posted a similar or even the same question. You read through the thread and the last post is something just like ".....nevermind, problem solved....." and nothing more. It is really frustrating.

You know what's even more frustrating? That because you don't come back to a post for just 6 hours because of things like preparing dinner, your favourite team in the NHL playoffs, and just y'know, life, you get people talking about how not replying is frustrating.

I wasn't using the right ISO, I was using a PS2 ISO thinking it was the XBOX one. I have not as of yet tried the XBOX one because I haven't been able to download all the parts but I imagine it will probably work fine. In the meantime, I'll be eating the aformentioned dinner, watching the rest of the game for which I missed one goal by my team writing this post and possibly won't be trying it tonight anyway because it will get too late.

tinpanalley 2

Postby Biggsy666 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:25 pm

tinpanalley wrote:
HisDivineShadow wrote:I hate it when that happens.

You know what's even more frustrating? That because you don't come back to a post for just 6 hours because of things like preparing dinner, your favourite team in the NHL playoffs, and just y'know, life, you get people talking about how not replying is frustrating.

I wasn't using the right ISO, I was using a PS2 ISO thinking it was the XBOX one. I have not as of yet tried the XBOX one because I haven't been able to download all the parts but I imagine it will probably work fine. In the meantime, I'll be eating the aformentioned dinner, watching the rest of the game for which I missed one goal by my team writing this post and possibly won't be trying it tonight anyway because it will get too late.

Or you could have just explained that before when you posted anyway, maybe you just didn't want to because you might look a little silly with the ps2 iso, then the typical angry defensive reaction to cover it maybe... just a little.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry, we've seen crazier stuff than that here. Glad you got it sorted and welcome to TIZ :D

Last edited by Biggsy666 on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Systems
Spoiler:
Acorn Electron
CPC464
C64
ZX Spectrum +2
Atari 2600
NES & Famicom w/ FDS
SNES & Super Famicom
N64 1 x PAL, 1 x NTSC-J
Gamecube x2 Xeno
Wii x2 softmod
Master System
Mega Drive MKI RGB w/switches & MKII
Saturn
Dreamcast
PS1 Audiophile, 3 chipped & 1 slim w/screen
PS2 1 fat silver with FMCB/120gb HDD & 1 slim w/screen
PS3 1 fat, 1 slim
Xbox (soft mod 200gb & 1 Crystal hard mod 120gb)
Xbox 360
PSP x2 CFW
GameGear
Wonderswan
N-Gage & N-Gage QD
Gameboy, GBP, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, 2x GB Macro
Nintendo DS, DSL, DSi & 3DS

My Custom Projects Click Here
Biggsy666 13

Custom Title: The Reverend

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

:)

tinpanalley no specific criticism intended it was just a general comment about forum threads which look like they're going to end like that and usually do.

Thanks for the updated info about the problem.

HisDivineShadow 9

Return to Xbox Homebrew Discussion