Community
Submit
Marketplace

XBMC4GAMERS

Discuss everything related to the powerful Xbox Media Center Here

XBMC4GAMERS

Postby swaltz » Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 pm

Hello all,

I am a noob. Lets just get that out of the way from the beginning.

I have successfully soft-modded and hot-swapped a 2TB HDD into my original XBOX.

I have XBMC4GAERS installed and am worming through the set up. Unfortunately, I am stuck at the point of adding cover art and various other fan art.

Here is what i am trying to do:

I want a set up to play strictly original XBOX games from the HDD. I have downloaded the Resources4XBMC pack from PsyKos. However I cannot seem to figure out where and how to put the files on the XBOX HDD.

Any help would be more than welcome.

swaltz 2

Re: XBMC4GAMERS

Postby Krah » Sat May 26, 2018 1:05 am

They go in the same folder as the game...Can't remember exact structure but I think it's an artwork folder in the same spot the game xex is (or of Xbox equivalent of xex/exe, haven't looked at it in ages) inside the artwork folder is all the other folders screenshots etc...The pack you got should already in the correct structure just need to take the artwork folder from each game folder in the pack and put it in your installed game folder.

Easiest was is to make a games folder with a bunch of folders in it on your PC named the same as your game folders sort all the art on your PC in correct structure then just FTP merge them to your installed hdd

Krah 2

Postby kaos_engr » Sat May 26, 2018 9:15 am

Look to Rocky5's github repo for installation help:

https://github.com/Rocky5/XBMC4Gamers

Game Resources and Synopsis section of the README.md links to an example directory/file setup for an Xbox game.

Rocky5 has a new XBMC-Emustation that may interest you too:

http://xbmc-emustation.com/

kaos_engr 7

Postby swaltz » Sat May 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks! I have managed to get the "synopsis" art work installed and running.

However, on the main game screen, no fanart is showing and the system is still using the generic icons that look like poo compared to the poster/game covers included in the "Resources" art pack previously downloaded.

I followed the instructions from the previous posters (thanks again!) and went to the links to learn the file structure. I think I did it correctly but still have none of the artwork showing on the main games page.

I am trying to get a set up like the video from DimFil on YouTube "xbmc4gamers"

What am I missing?

swaltz 2

Postby Krah » Sat May 26, 2018 2:12 pm

If you hit up on the d pad, maybe twice? When on the main page..There are some view options you need to change if you haven't done so already.

Edited,
If that doesn't fix it you need to replace the..Files..Umm I can't remember what they are called but they are icons default.?? TB maybe I can't remember but they are in the root of the game folder and they are the icons..Replace them with jpgs or pngs renamed as whatever the files are called, literally change the jpg file extension and overwrite the icon file.

Krah 2

Postby swaltz » Sat May 26, 2018 2:59 pm

Got it! I enabled resources in the setting tab at the top of the screen. I'm such a dunce. However I did say I was a noob in the original post. :D

Last thing: Is it possible to change the background? Currently I can only change the color. Is it possible to change it to an image file of some sort?

Edited,
P.S. Krah, you have been a huge help. Thank you.

swaltz 2

Postby Krah » Sat May 26, 2018 3:10 pm

It is possible but some what complicated as you need to extract the textures.xpr and put an image in and call on it in one of the xmls from memory then repack the .Xpr also then there are diffuses to deal with it you want it to be full screen and not fade out at the bottom. I wouldn't recommend it unless you want to change a lot of things in Rocky's mod

Krah 2

Postby Rocky5 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:12 pm

For a custom image just select the HDD image on the top menu ( before the FF****** image ) this will load up a browser dialog allowing you to select an image from your HDD to use as a background.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby swaltz » Sun May 27, 2018 1:42 am

I found a easier way to change the splash screen.

Q:\Media\splash.png

I found an image on line and converted it to a png. Looks amazing.

Once I get the set up complete Ill post a video on youtube.

Thanks again for all your assistance!

swaltz 2

Return to Xbox Media Center