Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Any modern looking game launcher dashboards with game covers

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Any modern looking game launcher dashboards with game covers

Postby JTagged » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:28 am

I am currently using UnleashX as my dashboard game launcher and as much as I really like it, I would prefer something more modern looking that has game covers like Aurora on the 360, even the PS2 has something similar with OPL. I know there is XBMC but I would prefare something more leaner and meaner like a dedicated game launcher similar to UnleasX but more modern looking, does anyone know if there is any such thing.

JTagged 2

Re: Any modern looking game launcher dashboards with game co

Postby TheTechDoc » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:54 am

as far as I know there arent many "modern" looking dedicated launchers, but with xbmc it can be skinned quite heavily to look exactly like what you want, coverflow, modern feel etc, a great example of this is a skin recently made by an xbmc4xbox user which he called xbmc origins, ill pm you the link cus Im not sure if it violates any rules etc

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4
TheTechDoc 7

Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby vectrac20tsri » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:24 am

jx720 is a good theme for xmbc

vectrac20tsri Newbie

Postby ironsights87 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 am

TheTechDoc wrote:as far as I know there arent many "modern" looking dedicated launchers, but with xbmc it can be skinned quite heavily to look exactly like what you want, coverflow, modern feel etc, a great example of this is a skin recently made by an xbmc4xbox user which he called xbmc origins, ill pm you the link cus Im not sure if it violates any rules etc

I 2nd that one. If you need any assistance setting it up, double check the XBMC thread, and don't forget to check out Rocky5's sweet addition to make it "minimal" (also on the same forum).Little thread I made here on the skin. I'll admit it does take a few to get it setup, but IMO, one of the cleanest setups I've done.

Spoiler:

ironsights87 3

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:50 am

ironsights87 wrote:
TheTechDoc wrote:as far as I know there arent many "modern" looking dedicated launchers, but with xbmc it can be skinned quite heavily to look exactly like what you want, coverflow, modern feel etc, a great example of this is a skin recently made by an xbmc4xbox user which he called xbmc origins, ill pm you the link cus Im not sure if it violates any rules etc

I 2nd that one. If you need any assistance setting it up, double check the XBMC thread, and don't forget to check out Rocky5's sweet addition to make it "minimal" (also on the same forum).Little thread I made here on the skin. I'll admit it does take a few to get it setup, but IMO, one of the cleanest setups I've done.

Spoiler:

Any chance of you uploading a version that has all the different tweaks already done to Origin? Or have they already been done, and it's just the map files that need to be sorted out?

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby kaos_engr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Check Rocky5's latest XBMC-EmuStation and rebranded XBMC4Kids now XBMC4Gamers at https://github.com/Rocky5/

XBMC-EmuStation YouTube Update (however, this video is a 1 week old; and as its a WIP, some updates/changes have probably been made)
Spoiler:

kaos_engr 6

Postby MasterOfAll » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:50 pm

kaos_engr wrote:Check Rocky5's latest XBMC-EmuStation and rebranded XBMC4Kids now XBMC4Gamers at https://github.com/Rocky5/

XBMC-EmuStation YouTube Update (however, this video is a 1 week old; and as its a WIP, some updates/changes have probably been made)
Spoiler:

I already have - sadly, it kills off the LCD Data screen.

MasterOfAll Moderator

Postby JTagged » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Thanks guys, I will look more into XBMC and the skins you mentioned.

JTagged 2

Return to System Modding