Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Flash Xbox 360 Lite-On DVD

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Flash Xbox 360 Lite-On DVD

Postby CompDude956 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:24 am

Hello all,

I posted a while ago that I was going to RGH my Xbox 360 Jasper; I am still going to. Working on some case mods at the moment since I already had LEDs and Acrylic.

But anywho... I have come to discover that my Lite-On DG-16D2S F/W.: 93450C is able to be flashed.
--- I don't know if this is reasonable or even logical but I am curious to know if I could flash my drive NOW and then later install the CoolRunner RGH when I get money to order it and a JRprogrammer.
--- I have all the wires and solder I need to jump the pins and stuff on the DVD Drive Mobo, but do I REALLY need to get one of those special CK3 Connectivity kits to be able to flash it? Or can I just make my own probe/switch to turn the drive on and off. Any more detailed videos than the ones I've seen would be greatly appreciated. I do not have money so I would like to do all of this completely DIY with the cable from the xbox. I have a stockpile of electronic switches and resistors (and maybe a spare Xbox DVD power cable to chop up instead of using my current one).
I just want to be able to mod the junk out of my xbox and I'm going from cheapest mods to more "expensive" mods, or just mods that I don't already have things for.

So all in all I'm just curious about what exactly I need for a diy flash for my drive, and if I do flash it (as soon as responses come in, with you all making the decision for me :lol: ) will I still be able to RGH down the line say in like a month or so without any problems. Because if I do flash the drive I don't want to go thru the hassle of putting the stock firmware back onto it. Once it's flashed and working I'm leaving it alone.

ALSO quick short question.... Will I be able to go ONLINE at all with the flashed drive? Even if I am not playing a modded or copied version of a game. If I did go online it would only be for me and my few friends that still have a 360 along with their XbOne. I too hate the modders that ruin online public play, so I don't want to hear that I'm a bad person for thinking about playing with my own group of buddies.
I understand that I wont be able to go online with the RGH anyways unless I get a Dual NAND chip (but until then)... then that's when my flashed drive would be used for playing backup games instead of running from HDD.

Thank You for listening to me ramble on and on!! I'm still a noob at this whole forum thing.

CompDude956 2

Re: Flash Xbox 360 Lite-On DVD

Postby TheTechDoc » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:46 am

In regards to flashing your drive, it can be done entirely DIY but I must say its so not worth the hassle, Aliexpress has all the tools needed at pretty cheap prices these days, but to answer your question yes, it can be DIY, just search up how to make your own probe for xbox 360, its a mission but it can be done. then you can just use your xbox to power the drive and a sata cable to your pc motherboard for data...none of this is recommended but if you wanna do it cheap af then its the way.

you can play online fine with a flashed drive, there is always a risk of ban but in the years ive been modding xboxs, I have never heard of a random ban from flashing and playing online, only back in the days where microsoft used to do ban waves and reflash peoples drives, these days MS doesnt care about 360 and obviously just focus on XB1 so your good.

however I have to say that DVD flashing is so not worth the effort, youll need to get duel layer DVDs and get a DVD burner capable of using the Ixtreme firmware so you can burn games properly (overburn the full image) otherwise your stuck burning games truncate, which makes a lot of games crash and not work properly without work around fixes, basically its a pain in the ass and good luck getting a DVD burner that can use Ixtreme for a halfway decent price, your talking $100 there most likely unless your extremely lucky.

basically the best option is RGH if you dont care about online, you can buy a non TX brand chip (matrix glitcher is the best alternative for most xboxs) and itll run you $12 from eurasia instead of $45 or more for the cr4 xl, though I will say that cr4 xl is by far the easiest to install, no programming needed etc, other than that you just need a jr2 programmer which will run you $24 or so.

if you want xbox live access and USB hard drive loading, the Xk3y is your best bet, but involves most of the process of flashing your dvd drive in order to get your drive firmware to make it run, but once running you can use it online and play from USB HDD

Spoiler:
2x xbox w/IND bios +1tb hdd/80gb hdd
1x ps2 slim w/fcmb 1x ps2 phat w/fhdb
1x ps1 chipped
gamecube w/sd launcher
psp 1000,go with cfw
2x dslite and dsphat w r4i/acekard2i
gameboy original/pocket/color/advance/sp/micro
2x wii w/softmod
snes
nes
n64
360 jasper RGH CR4 XL
360 slim RGH CR4 XL
PS Vita 3.60 with Henkaku
3DS 9.2.0 CFW Emunand RXtools/luma3ds
Sega dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Wiiu w/CFW 5.5.1
PS4
TheTechDoc 7

Custom Title: Put away those fiery biscuits!

Postby NoMention » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:04 am

Flashing is super easy to do but as posted it does require you to stick up on DL discs. If you are going this route I would suggest you stock up now because Verbatim has been moving their DVD production over to India or the Middle East and the quality of some batches has gotten pretty bad. I have my whole Xbox360 collection on DL discs but also on a 10TB hard drive as an extra precaution. I have multiple 360s including flash drives, xK3y, and Wasabi. I must admit that i like the Wasabi the best because of its sata intrrface. I have a5TB drive sitting in a Sata dock that I use and full cover art selection menu which is pretty cool. The only downside to this is the limit of the Wasabi and game images. I think it is like 510 or something. So I have to have multiple hard drives around but it is not a big deal. Install is pretty easy. They are just hard to find now. I had 6 total and gave 2 systems away as presents. Of the 4 left I have 3 with phats and 1 with the black slim console. Using images and not discs is the way to go if you can. RGH will get that for you too but if Live is of interest I be more cautious there.

NoMention 3

Postby CompDude956 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:24 am

Thanks for the opinions.
I literally JUST made a probe out of some random parts I had and the Xbox power cable (I'll post a pic in a bit once I'm done... if it works) I'm following a really good tutorial on youtube now from WeekendModder. Although he is using the real hardware for flashing drives I think I can follow along pretty good. I dragged an old computer out that has windows 7 and onboard SATA to connect to (Dell Dimension 8300).
Hopefully all goes well. I will probably keep the drive flashed when I get the RGH hardware. If you guys say its ok on live for now since Microsoft doesn't do "ban waves" on 360 anymore maybe I'll actually renew my subscription to play with my other friends :lol: I am pretty much just a PC guy now but I like tinkering with consoles

CompDude956 2

Postby CompDude956 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:50 am

Can somebody send me a link to LTplus 0251 that works!? I got my dvd files and stuff. now I need to flash it.

CompDude956 2

Return to System Modding