Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

is my modded xbox now toast?

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

is my modded xbox now toast?

Postby UbiqMonk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Hey, people. A very sad thing happened a few days ago. A good friend of mine fried my modded xbox by loading xbox live! this has nevere happened to me before. Don't know what to do. I bought it from the market place here a little over a year ago. It has a 2 tb sata hdd that was almost full. I know a fair amount about modding xbox but have no idea if this one can be saved. It had coin ops 8, mame and hyperspin and all the emus! The gentleman I bought it from shipped the stock hdd with it. If it is at all possible to fix, I would really appreciate it if someone here can lay down the basic steps for me so I can give it a go. Did I lose all my roms and emus or can the be recovered? any advice would be appreciated.

As always, thanks in advance.

UbiqMonk 3

Re: is my modded xbox now toast?

Postby Maddglow05 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm

First of provide us with some more information about the xbox
If it is a tsop 1.0-1.5 or modchipped xbox and the drive was unlocked then you can just throw it into another hardmodded xbox and it will work just fine.

If it was softmodded and you didnt save your eeprom on your desktop then it becomes tricky.
If you have your eeprom you can unlock it with the latest version of chimp from Ricky05 I believe his username is.
You would need another power source for your 2tb hdd
In chimp you would need to choose "slave drive" and place your eeprom to a place from which chimp let's you unlock it.

If you aint got no eeprom and the drive was locked then I dunno, I positive there is something you could do like getting a pc with IDE ports or something but that is quite the task to achieve.

Hope that was of some help

Cheers

Maddglow05 3

Postby EarthwormJames » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Er, I thought OG Xbox Live died years ago?

EarthwormJames 5

Custom Title: Lumbricus Extraterrestris

Postby Rocky5 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:40 pm

If the original drive is softmodded you can install chimp 261812 to it and fix the 2TB.

You would install Chimp 261812 to the Xbox and then launch it and then swap your DVD drive IDE to the SATA adaptor and power it, the plug in your SATA drive. ( adaptor must be set to slave )

Next press (A) to load Chimp, when it loads you will get an error stating the slave drive is locked and to unlock it. Select softmodded Xbox and agree to the disclaimer.

Next select Slave drive options, unlock, then motherboard.

Now select Slave drive options, fix error 16 and let it do its thing. ( this won’t effect any of your content, it only replaces the content of the C partition )

Next select slave drive options, lock, motherboard

That’s you done, set you SATA adaptor to master and plug it back in like it was prior.

Now upgrade your softmod to mine and never worry about update.xbe again.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby OldReckless » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:46 pm

"is my modded xbox now toast?"

Not unless it's gone through some form of transmutation. Has it? Good grief... Not another one...

When I initially read that these kind of occurrences were happening, I thought it was a load of balderdash; just complete and utter poppycock - but then I found this:

:shock:

Praise Kek!

Spoiler:
Did I say you could open this spoiler, you fiend? The temerity.
OldReckless 3

Location: I'm outside your home. Watching. Waiting. Mas..ticating...
Custom Title: Cats beware!

Postby UbiqMonk » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:28 pm

Hey Guys (and gals)! thanks for the incredible info! This is sooo do-able! You've made my day. I will work on my xbox right now.

UbiqMonk 3

Postby Maddglow05 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 pm

"If you have your eeprom you can unlock it with the latest version of chimp from Ricky05 I believe his username is"

lol I butchered your username, rocky5

sorry about that

Maddglow05 3

Postby Lacks87 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:11 pm

you could message zombiegauze. he could probably run you through it. I'm assuming thats who you bought it off

Lacks87 3

Return to System Modding