Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Deleted the mod

System Mods, Hard Mods and Soft Mods - Discuss them here.

Deleted the mod

Postby Jaded4life69 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:14 am

15084766881351466127516.jpg
Ok. To begin I want to say thanks in advance for any help given! And... apologize for being a total noob at this:( I have an original Xbox that was modded. My buddy accidentally deleted the mod file. Now when it's turned on I get the screen attached. I don't know how it was modded to begin with. It had a lot of games. How would I go about reinstalling the mod? Or any mod? Thanks again!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaded4life69 2

Re: Deleted the mod

Postby Jaded4life69 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:30 am

After plugging in the Ethernet cable I got this.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jaded4life69 2

Postby FreePlayFlorida » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:59 am

well you should be able to ftp into the xbox, via ethernet and use the IP addy etc and log in, have a look to see whats there, at worse maybe be able to change the name of the dashboard, or the file that tells it what to load first etc and at least get it to boot? or if you have the files then put back a dashboard like evo? and get that to boot, as you can ftp then its fixable :D

Current Collection : Nintendo - NES Classic, SNES Classic, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Sega - Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Sony - PS1, PS2 (Phat with HD & Slim), PS3, PS4, Xbox - (Mountain Dew edition/Crystal/Regular with Coinops), 360, 360 JTAG, Xbox One. Handhelds : GB, GBC, GBA, GBA Micro, GBA Slim, DS Phat, DS Slim, DS XL, 2DS, 3DS NXL, PSP, PS Vita OLED, PS Vita Slim, PSTV, Sega Game Gear, Dingoo & Sega Universal Arcade Cab, L&B Arcade Cab, VertPie Arcade, Pi3 Setup with 50" Plasma.
FreePlayFlorida 3

Postby Rocky5 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:12 am

Yeah FTP in and replace your XBMC build with a clean one, they removed the skin or the skins folder and that why you’re getting this error.

Simple fix.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:41 pm

That's one of the problems with XBMC. If there isn't a skin present or the default skin is missing or faulty the whole thing won't boot.

I believe there is a XBMC controller button shortcut to get it to boot to the default skin if the skin being used has a problem but if the Skin folder is missing/corrupted then you'll get this sort of trouble.

With UnleashX if there is any skin problem, you can have them if you swap skins regularly (I do just for variety), then the embedded default skin will kick in and save you every time.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby kaos_engr » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:35 pm

One of the XBMC4Xbox.org.uk threads on this error mentions that the XBE for XBMC has been removed from the C:\ drive.

What files do you see on C:\? FTP to your Xbox at the IP address you showed above in the picture.

These two files, XboxMediaCenter.xml and default.xbe or evoxdash.xbe, should be present along with several other files and subfolders. Post the C:\ top-level directory listing with file sizes.

kaos_engr 6

Postby Jaded4life69 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:21 pm

Thank everybody for there responses! I will be trying this here in a couple hours and I'll let you know how it turned out and where I'm at. Thanks again!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:26 pm

kaos_engr wrote:One of the XBMC4Xbox.org.uk threads on this error mentions that the XBE for XBMC has been removed from the C:\ drive.

What files do you see on C:\? FTP to your Xbox at the IP address you showed above in the picture.

These two files, XboxMediaCenter.xml and default.xbe or evoxdash.xbe, should be present along with several other files and subfolders. Post the C:\ top-level directory listing with file sizes.

It depends on the softmod/hardmod where those XBEs are located.

Although Rocky5's softmod puts most stuff on the C:\drive, like a chipped install, which is arguably the most sensible location for maximum protection. with most softmods they'll usually be found on the E:\drive.

In the case of XBMC it could even be a shortcut XBE with a path to E:\Apps\XBMC ie. your main dash XBMC folder could be in either E:\, F:\ or G:\Apps. It was standard practice to set it up this way, particular if you were swapping main dashes and already had XBMC installed as an app. E:\Apps was the recommended location.

I've not seen a XboxMediaCenter.xml with any recent XBMC installation and I had to check what that is just to be sure. Apparently it would have to be a VERY old XBMC to be using that XML.

I go with what Rocky5 said first and assume it is a XBMC skin issue but in any case replacing the existing XBMC installation with up to date clean files should fix it.

If it doesn't then consider the other possible causes but it would probably be helpful, as kaos_engr suggested, and FTP access is still possible (we don't actually know it is yet) to post screenshots of both C:\ and E:\drive content including the file/folder contents of any XBMC folder you have before doing anything else.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Jaded4life69 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:21 am

1509337516236198787136.jpg
Ok. So I bought a crossover cable and attempted to ftp into the Xbox but it's not letting me in? Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? I'm using filezilla on windows if that helps. Also, I disabled my firewall. Thanks again for everyone's help. You guys are great!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby Jaded4life69 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:00 am

One last thing. I think. Haha. When I ran a ping test from my laptop I got the reply in the attached photo. Thanks again!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:05 pm

Sorry my neck hurt looking at those screenshots so I couldn't see whether you are using DHCP or a Static IP. :) I'd assume with a cross-over cable you're using Static IP and direct link from PC to Xbox. But the description also suggests a router is involved, in which case, you don't need a cross-over cable.

It actually shouldn't make any difference with modern PCs/routers but with the Xbox........who knows. So if you're using a router then the first thing I'd try is using a normal patch cable instead of the cross-over.

On my WinXP laptop I couldn't get DHCP to work at all using exactly the same router/settings that with Win7 work perfectly. It is with Win7 I now can't get a Static IP to work. So my second suggestion is to to try the alternative method to whichever one you're using now.

Lastly: FileZilla can be problematic sometimes so maybe try another FTP client if that doesn't. work. CoreFTP is a good alternative although it does seem to have a much slower transfer rate than FileZilla.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Jaded4life69 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:31 pm

Thanks for your response. I'm not using a router to ftp. I just have a crossover cable between the Xbox and the laptop. I am using Windows 7 but no idea on whether the Xbox up is static or not? It won't let me in to see. I will try to ftp in with my router again but I couldn't get in that way originally which is why I bought the crossover cable:( I did try and get in using flash fxp as well. Still no luck:( Any other ideas? Thanks again for your help!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:25 am

If XBMC is still missing then FTPing is probably not going to work. I hope that Rocky5 or someone who knows more about XBMC than I do will either confirm or correct me on that.

I think you'll need use the to cold boot a rescue or installer disc like HeXEn ie. one with networking facilities. HeXEn uses a customised UnleashX dash GUI with full System > Settings > Network options. There you should be able to change the network settings and FTP whilst the disc is running.

If you still have the original exploitable game and the game saves in place used for the softmod that could also be tried because the installer dash uses a modified UnleashX GUI too.

I've not tried either method myself but using the installer dash to gain FTP access was the solution recommended in similar circumstances at Xbox-Scene so that's the suggestion I'm passing on.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Jaded4life69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:00 am

Thanks again! Where would I get a cold boot disc? Make one?

Jaded4life69 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 am

Cold booting is just the method of using the disc. You simply put it in the tray, close it, shutdown the Xbox and then restart. Be it a game or anything else then it should self-boot.

Burn an HeXEn ISO to DVD-R using Imgburn. Be aware that HeXEn has quite a long delay before booting, typically 20 -30 secs once the disc has spun up.

However before attempting the fix, which I assume you are going to try to do by FTPing in a replacement XBMC skin folder I think a screenshot of your XBMC installation would be helpful. Use the HeXEn's file manager to see what is there. I've not used the most recent HeXEn update (HeXEn 2017) but the System > Network Settings and filemanager/explorer are usually found under Admin Tools in the main menu.

The advice given has been based on the assumption it is the XBMC skin folder or its contents that has been deleted and simply needs replacing.

That should be confirmed first before doing anything.

Thinking about it you might not even need to bother with FTPing if HeXEn boots OK. That contains a full XBMC installation and I see no reason why, if it is confirmed the skin folder is the problem, you couldn't just use the skin folder from that ie. copy it in using the HeXEn file manager.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Jaded4life69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:04 am

Dude. You are the man! I appreciate all your help. I'll give this a try and post the screenshots before I mess with anything. Thanks!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby Jaded4life69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:28 am

Ok. The disc didn't work. But I did finally manage to ftp into the Xbox using cuteftp. Progress! Haha. Here is the pic of the c drive. Thanks again everybody for your help!

Jaded4life69 2

Postby Rocky5 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:27 pm

Your dash will be on the E partition, probably in the Apps folder.

Also how are you modded?

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby Jaded4life69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't know how it's modded:( It's actually a buddy of mine and he bought it. He said it has all the emulators and about 20 games downloaded so obviously the hard drive was upgraded. How would I tell? And I'm looking in that folder now and I'll post a screen shot.

Jaded4life69 2

Postby Jaded4life69 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:16 pm

15094883417712100511094.jpg
Here is the shot of the e folder. Not seeing a dashboard? Am I missing it? Or do I need to add one? If so is there a way to do it without erasing the game saves? Thanks again!

Jaded4life69 2

Next

Return to System Modding