Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Reinstalled UnleashX But Now Reloaded Themes Are Broken

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Reinstalled UnleashX But Now Reloaded Themes Are Broken

Postby steocullen91 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:24 pm

I was basically messing around with my softmod and I couldn't get the fan to work properly like it did on the older SID. Basically it would ramp up even when set to 1x as soon as the main UnleashX logo appeared. I tried to use Hexen 2018 but that broke the theme for UnleashX. The default and reloaded ones have a white background now and the Xbox seems to struggle (very sluggish).

I used a copy of SID I had left on the HDD to try and that has fixed the fan, but does anyone know what would have happened to UnleashX? Even if I reinstall it then nothing changes. I have no problem just using another theme but I'm not a fan of any other included ones here.

EDIT: I've attached an image of the problem.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steocullen91 2

Re: Reinstalled UnleashX But Now Reloaded Themes Are Broken

Postby ChrisderWahre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Seems like it failed to copy the themes or so, i would recommend using another dashboard then unleashX tho, like xbmc. If you are able, download a copy of UnleashX and replace them with the downloaded themes.

- ChrisderWahre 2018

Consoles:
Spoiler:
1 x XBox (500GB Harddrive, Samsung DVD, Aladdin XT Plus 2)
1 x XBox (Softmod, 8GB Harddrive, Samsung DVD)
1 x XBox (80 GB harddrive, Samsung DVD, 128mb Ram, bios flash)
2 x Softmodded Wii's (Red Original Case Wii, vWii menu(WiiU))
2 x PS's (Superslim PS3, Original PS2)

Social Media:
Spoiler:
Twitter: ChrisderWahre
Twitch: ChrisderWahre
YouTube: ChrisderWahre
Github: ChrisderWahre
ChrisderWahre 3

Custom Title: Chris The Reaaaalll one x)

Postby steocullen91 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm

I guess that makes more sense actually. XBMC also has far more customization to it. It's just a bit harder to set up all the paths etc. but I guess it's worth it when it's done :)

steocullen91 2

Postby ChrisderWahre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:59 pm

I think so too, have been using XBMC for a long time now and it works perfectly for me, i also recommend using Rocky5's XBMC4Gamers XBMC Mod! :D

- ChrisderWahre 2018

Consoles:
Spoiler:

Social Media:
Spoiler:
ChrisderWahre 3

Postby steocullen91 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try :)

Is it normal for Hexen to do that thing with the fan speed also or is my softmod just screwed up?

The fan speed is normal using the old SID 5.11 to install the softmod. I think it's to do with NKpatcher or something but I wasn't sure how to configure it.

steocullen91 2

Postby ChrisderWahre » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 pm

i think so, didn't used hexen that often tho.

- ChrisderWahre 2018

Consoles:
Spoiler:

Social Media:
Spoiler:
ChrisderWahre 3

Postby steocullen91 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Just to be on the safe side I think I'll just edit the config.xml and point it to the current XBMC installation on F: :)

steocullen91 2

Postby kaos_engr » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 am

Does the starting flubber look correct? No white background.

Change to a different skin; does the white background disappear?

Try one of the built-in skins of UnleashX - those without <> surrounding the skin name.

kaos_engr 7

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:13 pm

Just to make sure: are we talking about a skin or an actual UX theme change?

That screenshot looks to me just an alternative UX skin. There's no evidence of a genuine theme change provided ie. things like different menu icons, button colours etc. In fact the opposite seems the case as those generic Xbox menu logos are one of the items most alternative themes change.

There is some excellent new work on UX skins you can still find if you Google "UnleashX Themes" but in reality they're usually not UnleashX theme changes they're simply sophisticated skins. I suspect what has happened here is that either the skin has been lost, changed or its location is not the current path being used for skins.

If the skin is in a customised folder eg. E:\Dashboard\"UnleashX Themes" the skin path in the UX system settings must point at that particular folder. If it is not then it will default to "Skins" which means E:\Skins if the main dash XBE is on E:\. That folder itself is not self generating so if the particular dash install didn't include it you'd have to do that yourself.

UnleashX has a "Default" blue skin as a safety net and embedded along with that are usually seven or more alternative skins by Jezz which showcase what can be done 'simply' with the inbuilt UX skinning tools. They're created entirely by the skin.xml and using UX's own default resources ie. fonts and icons.

A true UX theme change usually requires modification/replacement of the E\UDATA\9e115330 folder contents although there are things you can do by adding icon files to E:\ or wherever the main dash XBE is located.

What is not clear to me is what is wrong from the screen shot except that it is a typically poorly thought out or half UX finished skin. Bad font colour and/or bad background colour choice that's all.

But without knowing what the skin you want back looked like I'm not sure what help anyone can provide in restoring it. The one shown and the one you have apparently lost may have come with a particular softmod. That can vary with download source as whoever provided it could have included their own skin or skins.

Rocky5's 2016 Softmod has a simple, clean looking UX custom skin (grey/yellow/white), much, much better looking than the skin you are using so I'm thinking you might want to update your existing softmod to that. If there is anything wrong with your UX installation, which I doubt, it will fix it and shouldn't prevent you using other skins either.

On the UX sluggishness my suspicion would be that you're now using 720p or 1080i and were previously using 480p (check your resolution settings both in UX and MS dash). With most UX skins 1080i is pretty horrible, it chugs and font sizes may even have to be changed just to be able to read the menus. Many skins display incorrectly or badly at higher resolution because they were written and designed for 480i/480p.

"Messing" about with a softmod is not a good idea unless you're certain you can back out of what you've done. There's no safety net unless you have installed a protected softmod like that which HeXEn and R5's 2016 SM does by default.

My recommendation is always work on a copy of you dash installed in Apps first. With UX that is so easy; just find the main dash XBE and copy it into a folder in Apps named UnleashX or Main Dash Mirror or whatever you want. Rename that copied XBE to "default.xbe" and on reboot it will appear as an app and you can play with the settings, skins etc without fear of stuffing up your main UX dash.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby steocullen91 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Thanks for the info. For now I'm using XBMC but I'll check that out. Considering how old the console is though the original xbox graphics hold up better than you'd expect. It definitely looks a lot better than PS2 on a lot of games since it's a more powerful console.

steocullen91 2

Return to Troubleshooting