Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Can't seem to launch Conker's Bad Fur Day LAR?

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Re: Can't seem to launch Conker's Bad Fur Day LAR?

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:23 pm

This is weird and I'm running out of good ideas about what the problem is.

Like my PAL original disc the multi-part NTSC version here I burned using Maxell DVD-R (not a top quality brand) with ImgBurn plays perfectly on my v1.6 from disc or installed. That's a Xecuter chipped PAL machine region changed to NTSC using WS settings 480p.

Surprisingly the same disc plays on my PAL set v1.2 softmod too. I'll now need to check that again to confirm it is the NTSC (multi-part download) version. But from djantzen101 point of view that is irrelevant, he's used both the multi-part NTSC and PAL version downloads here and neither worked for him.

I've confirmed that they both boot whatever the region on a chipped and a softmodded machine. My original retail PAL version of the game also works on both NTSC and PAL Xboxes irrespective of video or other settings too.

Clutching at straws now: is the Xbox online? If so unplug the ethernet cable and from the back of the Xbox and try booting the disc again. It's a clearly a game skewed for Xbox Live so maybe it is trying to connect on boot and that's what is causing it to crash.

If its not that It has to be something to do with the burn or maybe the unpacking but if the advice given has been followed it should work.

Unpack using 7Zip.
Burn the ISO to DVD-R.
ImgBurn (default "Write image file to disc" settings).
Minimum speed support for the media (x4).
Verify the burn.

That should do it. If not I'd suspect some Xbox disc drive laser/hardware problem or, it can't be excluded, trouble with the DVD RW in the PC used to burn the disc.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby djantzen101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:45 pm

The xbox isn't online, and it plays other games I've burned just fine, I'm going to go download a random game, see if I can get that to go, just wanting to confirm for sure.

djantzen101 2

Postby Rocky5 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:35 pm

How many folders are in E:\UDATA\ if there is 240 remove some and try the game as the Xbox will refuse to boot any game/app if the folder limit is met in the UDATA folder.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby djantzen101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm

I've only got 8 folders in there

djantzen101 2

Postby djantzen101 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:26 pm

Okay, I just downloaded and burned Dr. Muto. The game boots just fine, but locks up on the Midway intro. What does it take to get a better HDD in there, so I can just get games on the HDD. Remember, it is softmodded, so I don't have any chips or anything unfortunetly, and I don't know how to hard mod it, though I honestly would prefer it if I could find someone who knows how to get the chips and how to do it.

djantzen101 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:58 pm

There are plenty of HDD upgrade tutorials you can find online.

This is a good one :):-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBC9599ww6I

But it sounds to me that the problem you may have is with the disc drive.

With the games you burned before have you tried booting any of them recently, particularly, any that are 4+ GB?

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby djantzen101 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm

The only game that I've had issues booting that I've burnt is Dr. Muto, so I believe it might be my DVD-R's, they are a little old, and they're Memorex, so you get what you pay for. The other one, which was burnt on a friend's computer, was Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball, and it works fine. All my legal games work fine as well, so I believe it might be just either my disks or my drive on my computer, though it is a brand new disk drive.

djantzen101 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:52 pm

A bad batch of discs certainly can't be ruled out but it is still a bit unusual. When you've apparently ruled out all the most obvious causes for the failure what you're left with, however unlikely, must be the culprit.

I'd still want to test the same disc media with other game ISOs of the same sort of size because if they work and a fresh Conker LAR burns still don't then it makes it far less likely a bad media batch is to blame. But what is to blame, I've pretty much run out of ideas.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby djantzen101 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:42 am

well, Halo 2 and 007: From Russia with Love also don't work

djantzen101 2

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:32 am

That suggests, although not 100% proof, it isn't any problem with the downloads. But as the same Conker downloads (apart from the first one which does appear to be corrupted) do work for others that can pretty much be ruled out now I think.

To find the cause you going to have to test each element separately ie. burn the ISO to another make or DVD-R batch, use different burning hardware if possible and test the discs on another Xbox.

Apart from that I really don't know what else to suggest.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby djantzen101 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:09 pm

I'll see what I can do, though it may take me a little while to get to try all those options. Thank you very much for your help.

djantzen101 2

Postby djantzen101 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:24 am

sorry for reviving old post, but just wanted to update: got a friend to let me use her laptop to burn the disc. Worked like a charm. Thanks to everyone who lent their help.

djantzen101 2

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting