Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Xbox component cable pink screen

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Re: Xbox component cable pink screen

Postby scorpNZ » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:06 am

Was the xbox tested with the original av leads while the xbox was still original

scorpNZ 6

Postby XboxGuy95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:17 am

scorpNZ wrote:Was the xbox tested with the original av leads while the xbox was still original

I don't believe so.

XboxGuy95 2

Postby Rocky5 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:22 am

kaos_engr wrote:Correct, as the Xbox uses a case-insensitive OS.

The filenames in the ASM code of Rocky5's updated version of NKPatcher11 shows them as:

ee_fp: db '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nkpatcher\configs\EEPROM_off.bin',0,0
    read_VIDEO: db '\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nkpatcher\configs\VIDEO.bin',0,0
which would require placing them not in E:\NKP11\ but in C:\nkpatcher\configs\ (Partition1 is E:\ and Partition2 is C:\).

I don't think case matters even for ASM code as the calls made are to Xbox kernel's 'open_file' function.

Code: Select all
   lea eax,[ee_fp] ; eeprom off file name
   call open_file ; go try to open eeprom_off file
   cmp [esi+4],dword 01h ; status was put here by NtOpenfile (8 bytes total)
   jne short do_ve. ; file not there !

But, NKP11's readme.txt file states:
--------------------
changes
--------------------
From version version 11-U03 to version 11-U04 (Unofficial)
* ADDED 3 different config files E:\NKP11\ video.bin, led.bin, fan.bin that are read (if used)
after the runtime_config file (if used)
From version version 11-U02 to version 11-U03 (Unofficial)
* CHANGED location of config files to E:\NKP11\ shadowC_off.bin, eeprom_off.bin, NKP11_config.bin

If they are using my softmod virtual eeprom isn’t enabled by default so there is no need.

But if they are using SID ( more than likely ) it’s E:\NKP11\ the eeprom_off.bin goes. If it’s krazzies softmod installer then it’s E:\eeprom_off.bin

Or just load Hexen and look in the C partition for eeprom.bin and remove it.
( only remove eeprom.bin if it exists in the C partition don’t touch anything else )

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:21 am

A user over here, bootmonster, was having the same problem as you. They fixed it by disabling the RGB nDure option.

I'd say give up on the older nDure softmod and install Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool instead. As you are already softmodded, obtain his \Latest Build v1.1.1\Other\Quick Upgrade.zip file. Extract, upload Prep -- folder and all -- to E:\, execute E:\Prep\default.xbe via UnleasX's File Manager, follow the on-screen instructions.

FIXED!

Last edited by kaos_engr on Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos_engr 7

Postby XboxGuy95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:31 am

I really don't even know what was used to softmod the console in the first place. All I know is, it has UnleashX, XBMC, Enigmah's video selector and a bunch of other stuff on it. Both SID 5.10 and SID 5.11 bounce around on the screen depending on what menu i'm on. My friend doesn't even know what NKpatcher is.
The colors are also fucked up differently depending on what dash i'm on. Orig MS dash bright green (and the TV screen in the display menu shows up pink), EvoX blue, UnleashX purple & pink.

XboxGuy95 2

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:01 am

SID (Softmod Installer Deluxe) is based on the nDure softmod. There were several releases -- 5.10, 5.11, 5.12.

IIRC, SID5.12 was the final version released.

Spoiler:
Stop resisting it; use the for.., wait a second that's wrong, Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool!

Last edited by kaos_engr on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
kaos_engr 7

Postby XboxGuy95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:03 am

I don't have an "Extras" menu anywhere like the guy in the other topic on that other site, as far as I can tell. Going to have to say screw it and use Rocky5's softmod installer. Installing it won't wipe all my games and stuff off my E: partition right?

XboxGuy95 2

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:12 am

XboxGuy95 wrote:I don't have an "Extras" menu anywhere like the guy in the other topic on that other site, as far as I can tell. Going to have to say screw it and use Rocky5's softmod installer. Installing it won't wipe all my games and stuff off my E: partition, right?

Right!

And, the Extras menu he's talking about on the other site is in Krayzie's nDure Softmod Installer, not SID.

I remember now, NO FTP! Try to fix by any other means. Eliminate the multitude of steps necessary to burn a disk -- extract files from archive, create and add a dummy (filler) file to Prep directory, make XISO image, burn a disc, load disk, copy files, execute E:\Prep\default.xbe to install/upgrade your older nDure softmod to Rocky5's Xbox Softmodding Tool. (Rocky5's Quick Upgrade doesn't require an original game disk as you are already softmodded to a point, you can run unsigned apps -- E:\Prep\default.xbe to start the upgrade process.)

kaos_engr 7

Postby XboxGuy95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:18 am

My friend keeps insisting that the softmod was done correctly, and it's due to my television having a 2 in 1 jack (green also doubling as yellow)

XboxGuy95 2

Postby Rocky5 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:10 pm

XboxGuy95 wrote:My friend keeps insisting that the softmod was done correctly, and it's due to my television having a 2 in 1 jack (green also doubling as yellow)

The only way that would effect you is if you selected composite in your sources menu on your TV, if you selected component or alternatively called on some TVs Y Pr Pb

Like everyone says upgrade the softmod and if that doesn’t fix it you know it’s your TV, it takes less than 5 mins to do.
( I can even send you the new unreleased build if you want cutting edge )

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby XboxGuy95 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Yeah, about my TV...it only lets me select "COMP", no differing between component and composite.
Did some digging and the TV does recognize the input as component, so yep, the softmod is the last troubleshooting step.

XboxGuy95 2

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:24 am

It should work as the internal electronics of the TV senses an input signal on only the GREEN (Y) component input - meaning you are driving it with a Composite video signal via a standard definition Yellow video cable. If signals are detected on all three Green/Red/Blue (Y/Pr/Pb) component inputs, the electronics detects that as a Component HiDef video input.

What model TV?

A lot more companies use this split Composite/Component port to save money in production. I'd prefer to still have a separate Composite and Component so I'd be able to select a device with each type of output instead of one or the other. Along with the HDMI inputs.

My Vizio TV has this shared composite/component port and displays Component 720p output from my Xbox Softmodding Tool modded Xbox without a problem.

I'm using this cable:
Original Xbox HighDef Component Cable (471x313).jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 7

Postby XboxGuy95 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:03 am

kaos_engr wrote:It should work as the internal electronics of the TV senses an input signal on only the GREEN (Y) component input - meaning you are driving it with a Composite video signal via a standard definition Yellow video cable. If signals are detected on all three Green/Red/Blue (Y/Pr/Pb) component inputs, the electronics detects that as a Component HiDef video input.

What model TV?

A lot more companies use this split Composite/Component port to save money in production. I'd prefer to still have a separate Composite and Component so I'd be able to select a device with each type of output instead of one or the other. Along with the HDMI inputs.

My Vizio TV has this shared composite/component port and displays Component 720p output from my Xbox Softmodding Tool modded Xbox without a problem.

I'm using this cable:
Original Xbox HighDef Component Cable (471x313).jpg

I have a Vizio as well - a 2015 E241I-B1

XboxGuy95 2

Postby XboxGuy95 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:13 pm

Sorry for the double post, won't let me edit the above one - transferred Rocky's softmod to a Verbatim DVD-R disk, ran it from E:, system rebooted.....everything's perfect now - I didn't even have to make a dummy file to fill up the disk!

XboxGuy95 2

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting