Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Xbox player one port wont respond? looking for help

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Xbox player one port wont respond? looking for help

Postby xboxcrimefan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:37 pm

I have my xbox modded and everything is working fine other then the fact randomly my player one port wont read my controllers, although the other day I DID have it working for a few hours.
and then it stopped working again I can still play burnt or retail games by putting the controller in slot 2 and three for player 2 so I just really wanted to come on here and see if anyone had had this problem I really enjoy my xbox and it would be really hard to get another one.
Thank you! :P

https://soundcloud.com/aowrecords
xboxcrimefan Newbie

Re: Xbox player one port wont respond? looking for help

Postby nodots » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Have you opened the console yet? There could be a loose connection to the motherboard. If it's been opened that would be the first thing I would check. You also could check to see if the leaf springs in the port are not high enough (underside of the flange, compare with other ports.) If the springs are the same as the other ports, they could just be dirty. Insert and unplug the controller several times. If this last step works, you will need a replacement eventually.

If you have the console open, you can swap the ports 1/2 and 3/4. This way, 1/2/4 will all work fine.

Not my video, but this should help if needed.
Spoiler:

For anyone that needs a new port (not my sales):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Xbox-Controller-Port-Replacement-Part-/272694350075?hash=item3f7dd990fb:g:Q1EAAOSw-K9ZLgLy
-OR-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Controller-Port-Short-Wires-Microsoft-Xbox-Original-Official-OEM-Genuine-/401064098233?hash=item5d614879b9:g:siQAAOSw5dNWrlxC

FYI: IDE = Integrated Drive Electronics. This was a huge selling point for HDD's during the '80s. NEARLY ALL DRIVES NOW ARE IDE. IDE drives include: PATA/SATA/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM/BLU-RAY/ZIP/flash, etc. IDE does not mean PATA, even if the salesman tells you it does.
My systems:
Spoiler:
PS3 CECH-2501A (OCT 2010, retail)
PS2 (39001), FHDB 1.94, HDD
PS2 (50001), FMCB 1.94

Xbox 1.0, X2 Duo, 320GB HDD (RAM upgrade soon)
Xbox 1.0, 40GB HDD (nkpatcher 10) (RAM upgrade soon)
Xbox 1.4, 20GB HDD (nkpatcher 10)
Xbox 360 (Falcon, retail)
Humanfly138 wrote:Just completed Saturday.... didn't die once!
Spoiler:
you unlock Sunday difficulty.
nodots 5

Custom Title: Talk nerdy to me!

Postby zombiegauze » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:17 am

Most likely the port is damaged or broken. You will need to open the console and replace it or swap them as stated above

IF you get a broken Xbox, you can rip it apart for parts, like the controller ports. Which is an easy replacement and every model Xbox has the same ports for easy replacement

CUSTOM XBOXS FOR SALE w/ 2TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games Included including 200 Xbox Games

Each 2TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games and Premium 8 Massive & Ninja Massive

My Uploads
Buy a custom Xbox here
zombiegauze 7

Custom Title: I ♥ MODDED XBOXs

Postby xboxcrimefan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:29 am

That is some awesome advice I have opened it up once I am still studying how to take it apart with out worrying seems pretty easy tho will copy this info into a document for myself thanks again! :!:

https://soundcloud.com/aowrecords
xboxcrimefan Newbie

Postby cody1638 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:08 am

you can find replacement controller ports on ebay for under $5, they are easy to replace just unscrew 2 screws and unplug

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
cody1638 4

Postby bladeslide » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 pm

What version of xbox is it? if it's a 1.0 then the controllers daughter board could have went bad.

Each version of xbox has different lengths of controller port wires so a v.16 wouldn't reach an older version.

I have seen some xbox's with blown traces near the controller ports so that would be something to look for as well, just soldering in a jumper wire would fix it.

bladeslide 3

Return to Troubleshooting