Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Screwed up dashboard and unlocked hdd

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Screwed up dashboard and unlocked hdd

Postby Demi-Fiend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 am

so recently i failed at updating xbmc and screwed up my softmod.(tried to copy the new files into the E and Q drive via FTP and screwed it up) i tried to use slayers EvoX installer 2.7 to try to get it back, but got sidetracked and then, me being stupid and curious unlocked my HDD. how do i lock my HDD again? i have my EEPROM and password, and have tried to use xboxhdm 1.9 to re-lock it to get back use of the dvd drive but to no avail. what should i do?(i dont really know how to use xboxhdm to lock drives but only to create them)

i also only have a SATA pc, but i do have a SATA to IDE adapter.(no IDE dvd drive)

Demi-Fiend Newbie

Re: Screwed up dashboard and unlocked hdd

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:00 am

How can u be using XboxHDM1.9 to try and lock the HDD on a PC if you have no IDE interface to do so? XboxHDM runs on the PC not Xbox.

There are other DOS tools that you can just to lock the HDD, but the PC has to have a IDE interface to do so.

What interface does the Xbox HDD have that needs to be lock? Sounds like SATA to me, is that correct?

WIth a later version of XboxHDM23USB Beta 3 you can use a PC with a USB to SATA or IDE adapter from Windows.

kaos_engr 6

Postby Demi-Fiend » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:49 pm

Im using the sata to ide adapter to connect the xbox hdd to the pc. I used the slayers evox recovery disc to unlock my xbox hdd(this was the main issue)

The hdd has a ide interface. Any tutorial on how to make an boot disc for xboxhdm for 2.3 beta 3? I could find any.

Demi-Fiend Newbie

Postby kaos_engr » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:45 pm

No disc has to be burned. Download and extract the file to a directory on your PC's HDD.

Before running it, copy the Xbox's eeprom.bin backup (lower-case filename required) into the same directory you extracted the archive. You should see a batch file named xboxhd.bat there.

Start xboxhd.bat by double-clicking on it in Windows Explorer. If prompted to allow the file to run, allow it by clicking on Run.

XboxHDM23USB B3 Open FIle - Security Warning.JPG

When and if User Access Control (UAC) prompts for administrative privileges, click on Yes.

XboxHDM23USB B3 UAC Prompt.JPG

XboxHDM23USB_Beta_3_SplashScreen.JPG

XboxHDM23USB_Beta_3_Menu.JPG

Make sure that XboxHDM23USB B3 recognizes that your Xbox HDD is connected.

To "List drives connected", enter 1.

Note: I don't think XboxHDM23USB beta 3 will see the Xbox HDD attached to the PC via a SATA port with a SATA-to-IDE adapter. It has to be attached via a native IDE port or USB-to-IDE adapter (SATA HDD's via a USB-to-SATA adapter).

Next, if the Xbox HDD is found, enter 3 to LOCK the Xbox HDD.

Finally, press Enter to Exit.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 6

Return to Troubleshooting