Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Issues after TSOP flashing X2 4981

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Issues after TSOP flashing X2 4981

Postby webodan » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi,

Today I've performed the TSOP flash with HeXen 2017, ended up using X2 4981. I thought this would be strictly a TSOP flash (similar to a BIOS upgrade on a computer) hence it would not mess around with my software setup on the hard drive, but it did. I'm confused with 2 problems I have and I'd like to fix them but I don't want to mess up anything further, so I'm asking:

- My F partition where my commercial games are found can be accessed from UnleashX, but not from the FTP anymore. There is an F folder when I access using Filezilla, but it shows up as empty. What's the deal with that?

- It overwrote my XBMC shortcut that I had on top of UnleashX. Can I safely reinstall another shortcut or is there another, safer way to have XBMC on boot instead of this dashboard?

That would be all, thanks in advance.

edit: ok this is weird. It seems to have trouble reading the F partition. I know for a fact that it is working (in between reboots it sometimes gets to read the games and they show up on the Games menu) but sometimes it does not.

edit 2 (sorry for the admin cuz he has to confirm constantly lol): I found out that if i go to Xbox Admin > Switch Dashboards it boots up UnleashX again, and THEN it reads the F partition. But not right after booting the console. :|

webodan Newbie

Re: Issues after TSOP flashing X2 4981

Postby kaos_engr » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:25 pm

You don't want to write any data to the HDD until it is accessible as before. Doing so would most likely corrupt the data already stored on F and G. The BIOS you flashed and were using must have a different LBA48 partition configuration or be a different patch version. Some BIOS's LBA48 version is v1 but after loading and saving the BIOS with XBTool 2.0.23a for X2 5035 and EVTool v1.0.9 for Evox M8 will have LBA48 patch v3. (EVTool does update version of LBA48 patch not 100% sure about XBTool always use M8plus of iND-BiOS 5003 or 5004.)

The BIOS would not overwrite a shortcut but the Xbox may no longer be able to access it with the current change in partition accessibility.

Why 4981, M8plus and X2 5035 are the latest BIOSes for a 1.0/1.1 Xbox?

kaos_engr 6

Postby webodan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:35 am

kaos_engr wrote:
Why 4981, M8plus and X2 5035 are the latest BIOSes for a 1.0/1.1 Xbox?

I've been topic-digging on this forum on what TSOP flash to use, and a user said he flashed countless TSOPs and recommended against 5035 since he said it was very unstable every time he tried it. Not really any other reason.

Should I reflash 5035 or is there any other way to restore my boot? it's rather clunky having to click on switch dashboards to get my F partition back and then running XBMC from the apps folder in F:\ ...

edit: the partition in question is 123 gigs (less than the limit of lba48 i believe?) the hdd itself is a 160 gig ide wd caviar black.

webodan Newbie

Postby kaos_engr » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:39 am

Mentioned these two BIOSes that a lot use for TSOP mod: iND-BiOS 5003 or the Beta Feb-11-05 (aka 5004).

There's also an X2 4983 (size 256KB) release vs X2 5035 (size 512KB).

kaos_engr 6

Postby webodan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:51 am

I've just reflashed the TSOP with X2 5035. Same result, I can't see my F partition. Should I backup the files under windows and then run XBPartitioner on the drive? I really don't know what else to do.

Edited,
One last thing: i lost my ability to get the accursed partition to read, because since I had several copies of unleashx files due to backups across several years I didn't know which was the one that the system was actually running off and I ended up deleting them all. Not like I care that much anyways now that the TSOP is flashed and I can reinstall easily. I've just f*cked myself up though, since I can't access that partition... i hope someone can help

webodan Newbie

Postby kaos_engr » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:28 am

webodan wrote:edit 2 ... I found out that if i go to Xbox Admin > Switch Dashboards it boots up UnleashX again, and THEN it reads the F partition. But not right after booting the console. :|

Where are you selecting this option? Hexen menu

Flashing the BIOS with Hexen should not have changed anything else. Although I know if the LBA48 setup used changes from 06 to 67 or vice versa, I've seen access to my HDD change, no files visible any longer on the F (partition 6) drive.

the .67 version of BIOS's sets up partition 6 (F:) up to 137GB and G the reset of the HDD. However, if you had a larger F partition before flashing the TSOP, a 06 setup - all space to partition 6 (F:) - an empty F drive will be seen when FTPing.

If you run XBPartitioner v1.3, how is the HDD partitioned?

kaos_engr 6

Postby webodan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:28 am

Finally fixed it, turns out it was due to me installing an F and G bios yet my drive had all its big stuff on F. I did this thinking on doing an HDD upgrade flawlessly if possible, but I guess that if i go beyond my 160 gig i'll reflash with an F and G bios.

webodan Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting