Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Getting save game from old HDD

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Getting save game from old HDD

Postby Lain » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:58 pm

I had an original xbox that died on me before I got a chance to softmod it. It had a stock HDD in it and progress for a game I was playing on it. I have since salvaged the HDD and picked up a new xbox. I have softmodding tools on hand. How can I get the save from my old HDD so I don't have to start over?

Lain Newbie

Re: Getting save game from old HDD

Postby Berzerk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:31 am

Not sure if this would help you out. I did this when I accidentally deleted a important file. If the hard drive is in a Xbox use the splinter cell disc soft Mod a IP address should come up while you are doing this I do believe it is stock on the soft Mod because it did not match my system IP. I was able to use ftp program with that IP and was able to install a file from another Xbox onto it. So you should probably be able to extract the save from it do not run the SoftMod just use that IP.

Berzerk 5

Custom Title: No matter where you go there you are.

Postby Lain » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:41 am

nah I threw out the Xbox. I have the HDD tho.

Lain Newbie

Postby Berzerk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:43 am

Try that with it in another Xbox can not hurt trying.

Berzerk 5

Postby Berzerk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:52 am

Use Xboxhdm23usb unlock the drive with the eeprom then use a eeprom from a different system to lock it put the HDD in the system you locked the drive with it should be able to be used in the other Xbox.

Berzerk 5

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 pm

He won't have the eeprom as it was not softmodded and without the original Xbox he's since dumped he can't get that any other way.

I think there is a Linux based HDD unlocker I've read about on some Xbox forums before but from what I remember even that needed the HDD to have been locked by ConfigMagic or other Xbox app that used a master password. Again that can not be the case here so I believe this may be impossible.

You can't lock it with another Xbox's eeprom and then unlock it or by any hot-swapping technique either because both methods still need the original eeprom at some point. Same thing applies to using a chip or TSOP.

If there is a method I'll also be interested to know.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Berzerk » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:55 pm

I pretty much swapped out a hard drive just unlocked it with original eeprom and locked it with another Xbox eeprom no problems. It wasn’t a Original hard drive it was a softmodded Drive.

Berzerk 5

Postby scorpNZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:22 pm

Can that xplorer360 app extract the saves.

edit: If not it's a good excuse to re-play the games

scorpNZ 5

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:45 pm

If you read the original post you'll see the HDD in question is in retail state, the Xbox was not softmodded and so the HDD must be in locked state. That's the, AFAIK, insuperable, problem.

It can't be unlocked except by the original Xbox's eeprom and that is not now available because the machines was trashed (see the Lain's second post)

Unless it is unlocked a PC is probably not going to report it as anything but an attached USB device. You're certainly not going to be able see let alone access the contents using Xplorer360.

HisDivineShadow 9

Return to Troubleshooting