Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

HOW 2 MAKE XBOX POINT 2 CORRECT.XBE?

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

HOW 2 MAKE XBOX POINT 2 CORRECT.XBE?

Postby EAZY718 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Getting closer to fixing the botched dashboard on soft modded xbox.
previously i was getting error code 16 -superfro. after using (junk xbmc 2015) to install XBMC to both C: and F: i now get error code 13 -superfro. i installed xbmc to C: thinking it would correct the dash error, but no dice. i installed XBMC in F: because that's the only way i can get into a working dash using JUNK OR AID. but in doing so i moved up from error 16-13. i know im getting closer to fixing it because now when i select boot C: from AID or JUNK it loads XBMC. it wasn't doing that before. if i'm not mistaken the console boots from C: rite?

PS: evox.xbe is in C:, when i select that it loads xbmc via boot disk. in F:/apps/xbmc when i select default.xbe it loads xbmc. so i know or at least think i know its the placement and name of the.xbe files beating my ass rite now. any help is greatly appreciated.

EAZY718 2

Re: HOW 2 MAKE XBOX POINT 2 CORRECT.XBE?

Postby kaos_engr » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:00 pm

The evox.xbe on the C drive is most likely a shortcut to XBMC @ F:/apps/xbmc/default.xbe.

Evox v3935 dashboard's Xbox executable, evoxdash.xbe, is 752KB while your evox.xbe file is probably much smaller a shortcut to your installation of XBMC's Xbox executable at F:/Apps/XBMC/default.xbe. A shortcut executable's size depends on how it was created. XBE Shortcut Creator v1.0 generates 60KB shortcut executables.

Xbe Shortcut Maker 1.0.jpg
Assembly language implementations even smaller.

I suggest leaving AID and SID behind and use Rocky5's latest 2018 release of the Xbox Softmodding Tool to ugprade your old softmod installation.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool/Build v1.1.4/Installer Variants/Quick Upgrade.zip. Extract the archive, upload the contents to your Xbox's HDD and install it as per the included documentation - Read Me.txt file.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaos_engr 7

Postby EAZY718 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:06 pm

idk how you knew, but the evox.xbe file in my C:\ is def 60.00kb.
the "default.xbe" file in E:\ is 8.22mb. what does that mean in order to fix the dash?
downloading the tool you linked for me. also ftp is out of the question or me, your tool doesn't require me to ftp after, rite?

ps: in my C:\ AND E:\backup\MS\ folders there's an xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder is it needed or should it be deleted?

EAZY718 2

Postby Gamerone » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:21 am

You can try this great tool, i found that i uploaded. Its called XBE Renamer 0.8. it might help.
http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/xbo ... enamer-08/

I'M ONE WHO LIKES TO PLAY GAMES™
MARIO'S DREAM GIRL :question: :mario:
Spoiler:
Gamerone 4

Postby kaos_engr » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:40 am

EAZY718 wrote:idk how you knew, but the evox.xbe file in my C:\ is def 60.00kb.
the "default.xbe" file in E:\ is 8.22mb. what does that mean in order to fix the dash?
downloading the tool you linked for me. also ftp is out of the question or me, your tool doesn't require me to ftp after, rite?

ps: in my C:\ AND E:\backup\MS\ folders there's an xboxdashdata.185ead00 folder is it needed or should it be deleted?

What softmod package was used?

What files/folders are in C:\ and E:\ (root directory list for now)?

kaos_engr 7

Postby EAZY718 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:28 pm

i tried the "xbox softmodding tool" kaos, it did nothing to fix it. though it was an easy process to run.
i read somewhere i can use sid2 with SC platinum hits and it will run the mod successfully. would anyone on here still have sid2 avalable for DL?
i have nothing on it now. just wiped it using slayers. gonna try and fix it using AID4. i brought the HDD with board idk how the thing was modded.
AID the bios says 4034.

EAZY718 2

Postby EAZY718 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:38 am

sorry if i created more unecessary post for this. but good news though. i got it fixed with hexen 2017.....after more failure via trial and error i tried the tsop option in hexen...and that did the trick. prior to that though i used slayers to wipe the upgraded/large hdd, then installed 5960 as main dash via slayers. popped in the hexen and did the tsop option available in hexen. so to those who might try to no avail to get there dash fixed, maybe your board was tsop if you did not do the softmod your self in order to know how it was softmodded.

PS: thanks to all those who responded to my prior post asking for help. there's a reason why i love the site, and thats one.

EAZY718 2

Return to Troubleshooting