Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Error 21 with new 300gb formatted hard drive upgrade tsop.

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Error 21 with new 300gb formatted hard drive upgrade tsop.

Postby semikid13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm

I just formatted my new HDD for my tsop xbox. I can load up the hexen boot disc, however when trying to load up the unleash x dash (no disc inserted) it freezes on the ind bios startup screen before ever going to the dash. Or it freezes and gives me error 21. What's up with this? Do i need to do something with the eeprom from the old HDD? I cloned my old drive to my new. and formatted F partition to take up remaining space (roughly 300gb, which appears when i load up hexen)

semikid13 2

Re: Error 21 with new 300gb formatted hard drive upgrade tso

Postby galaxyfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:29 am

if there are jumpers on the HDD, try messing with the jumper settings on the HDD. Switch it to "Master" or "other"

galaxyfox Newbie

Postby HisDivineShadow » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 am

I don't think he would have been able to format it if it wasn't set as Master or Cable select but there''s always the possibility the jumper fell out later.

Are you sure you used the right option for installing your main dash on a TSOP/chipped Xbox?

I've not used HeXEn in either case and I can't remember without checking but I'd assume like AID there are separate main dash install menu options for either TSOP/chipped machines or softmods.

SATA HDD? Might have formatted OK but adapters can cause problems and an 80 wire IDE cable is considered mandatory with SATA drives on the Xbox.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby galaxyfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 am

When i upgraded my HDD it would let me copy files over while it was still on slave (i think?) but when i inserted it back in and booted it up it would throw up an error screen, until i set it to master. :0

Then again, mine wasn't TSOP'd, so it could be different :P i hope you figure it out though :/

galaxyfox Newbie

Postby EAZY718 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:18 am

if your missing your dash...and 21 is a dash error don't eject the disc. the disc is what helps you boot up, if your drive wont. in other words the D:\ acts like the E:\ on boot, helping you to boot. hence boot disc. once your boot disc gets you up and running as far as your dash is concerned start installing whatever it is you need in order to fix your hdd so it can boot without a boot disc in the drive.

make sure your backing up that eeprom with every attempt to fix it. u don't wanna lose that my man. and read those warnings before you start pressing A lol. learned the hard got damn way last week...just got out of 13-16-21 via slayers and hexen. mines was tsop too. i wiped the large drive with slayers, installed 5960 with slayers, popped in hexen redid the tsop..now i have a 120gb girl frend to play with. know what i'm saying lol.

EAZY718 2

Return to Troubleshooting