Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

HALP! My Xbox wont stop blinking the disk drive light!

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

HALP! My Xbox wont stop blinking the disk drive light!

Postby galaxyfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:10 am

So, you know when you press the eject button on the xbox and it blinks to indicate its opening/closing? Or even when its reading a disk? Well, mine wont stop doing that, here's the info-

There's no disk inserted at all

I've tried swapping out 3 different xbox DVD drives, still does it.

Tired replacing the power button board, still blinks

Tired checking to see if there's split traces, but there isn't

Every time i want to play a game, i have to shut it off, turn it back on, insert the game, shut it off, and turn it back on :/

It thinks the disk drive is open but its closed. (the xbox is softmodded, so at the top right corner is says that its open, but its clearly closed.)

So what do it do? Is there a way to fix it? :/

galaxyfox Newbie

Re: HALP! My Xbox wont stop blinking the disk drive light!

Postby EAZY718 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 am

your drive or hdd could be dying. recently i was fixing one for my neice and for some reason it was in and out of error code 6 and xbmc, whenever i powered it up, and it did the same thing with the light and the eject button as yours is. eventually the hdd just started making clicking noises. now its a permanent error code 06. your disk drive or hdd could be waiting for the reaper to come collect.

PS: it might not be that critical for you. check your ide wire make sure its connect ok. sometimes its as little as that.

EAZY718 2

Postby galaxyfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:16 am

Really? wow, ill try some new IDE cables, the disk dive is not the issue, but i could definitely see that it could be the HDD though, that xbox has been dropped a lot in its years :/ but it just recently started doing this.

What if it isnt the HDD or the IDE cables? Am i just SOL?

Oh and another thing i forgot to mention, every time i shut it off, it takes about 5 seconds before it actually powers off.

galaxyfox Newbie

Postby zombiegauze » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:48 am

Most times when I had this. I took the DVD drive apart. Cleaned it out of dust and dirt, cleaned the laser off. Replaced the drive cable and that fixed it.

I SELL MODDED XBOX'S with 2TB/3TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games, including 400+ Xbox Games

If you are INTERESTED in BUYING a MODDED Xbox from me, Please send me a private message (PM) or visit the (Marketplace here) and see what I have or ZOMBIEGAUZE@YAHOO.COM

Each 2TB/3TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games, Premium/Ninja Massive, Custom Cases and much more...

See My Seller Feedback here
My Uploads
zombiegauze 8

Custom Title: I ❤ Retro Gaming

Postby galaxyfox » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:06 am

Alright, ill try these suggestions out :) thanks guys :D

galaxyfox Newbie

Postby zombiegauze » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:38 am

IF you need it professionally cleaned. I will do it for you and install a new drive belt for you and test it. All for Free!

Just cover shipping both ways and I'll take care of you.

I SELL MODDED XBOX'S with 2TB/3TB Hard Drives and over 30,000+ Arcade/Console Games, including 400+ Xbox Games

If you are INTERESTED in BUYING a MODDED Xbox from me, Please send me a private message (PM) or visit the (Marketplace here) and see what I have or ZOMBIEGAUZE@YAHOO.COM

Each 2TB/3TB Xbox includes CoinOps 8 w/ 12,000+ Games, Premium/Ninja Massive, Custom Cases and much more...

See My Seller Feedback here
My Uploads
zombiegauze 8

Custom Title: I ❤ Retro Gaming

Return to Troubleshooting