Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

Console cannot save my changes! (720p)

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

Console cannot save my changes! (720p)

Postby SEGApl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:37 am

Hello there,

I purchased SCART cable to get better resolution and at least to get more "adequate" standard in nowadays TVs. Using UnleashX I pick the best resolution with massive choicing many times "Save". After reset it doesn't work even in older titles and emulators. Options are restoring to changes before applies recommended resolution by me. Any suggestions to fix this trouble? Thx for answer.

SEGApl Newbie

Re: Console cannot save my changes! (720p)

Postby Rocky5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:17 am

Softmodded? Disable the virtual eeprom.

Also you can’t use 720p with a scart cable, that requires a component cable.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Yep, SCART RGB/S-Video or Composite only support SD (Standard Definition) resolutions.

What SEGApl has discovered is actually a potentially useful feature with UnleashX and a SCART RGB cable in that it allows you to select and save 480p/720p/1080i resolution settings.*

When you reload UnleashX menu System > Settings > Video Display page, because the SCART RGB cable cable is just SD, it will show those resolutions deselected but they are saved. So when you use a Component cable it will use your saved ED/HD (Enhanced/High Definition) settings.

Also worth mentioning for anyone else coming here you must be using a NTSC or a region changed PAL console to be offered those resolutions options in the first place.

*A problem you may have if you're using a protected softmod is that it will revert the 'saved' resolution settings on reboot. To permanently fix ED/HD with such a softmod you need to use the softmod menu option provided for doing this. Both Rocky5' XSMT (NKPatcher menu) and HeXEn make that simple.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby SEGApl » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:20 pm

Even with already installed modchip? Will it be a helpful stuff for my console?

SEGApl Newbie

Postby wakinafuf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:13 pm

one solution : emulation. by the time yer pc hang on, your saves will not get fucked

My actual BlackList : Electronic Arts, Activision, Ubisoft, Blizzard, Capcom,Konami, Square-Enix, Nintendo, Microsoft, Apple, Sony.

Systems i own : Atari 2600, Amstrad 464 (cassette)/6128, Sufami/Famicom, NES, Master System I/II, Genesis I/II, Amiga 500/1000, Gameboy, Sufami Turbo, SNES, Gameboy Color, Mega-CD, Panasonic 3DO, Philips CD-I, Atari Jaguar, Neo-Geo, Nec PC-Engine/TurboGraphX 16, Playstation/PS-One, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Wonderswan, PS2 fat'n slim.

systems newly aquired : Commodore SX 64
wakinafuf 5

Custom Title: scourge of the retards

Postby HisDivineShadow » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:45 pm

SEGApl wrote:Even with already installed modchip? Will it be a helpful stuff for my console?

A modchip can't magically force a SD definition cable type to work in ED/HD if that is what you were thinking.

As said to be able to play games on the Xbox in 480p, 720p (the maximum resolution recommended) or 1080i you must be using the NTSC dash and a Component cable. However most original Xbox games only support 480p although there are people working on 720p WS patches for various popular titles even now.

The improvement in PQ (Picture Quality) between using RGB SCART at 480i and Component at 480p or higher is definitely worth it.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby SEGApl » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Thanks for helpful tips. I am to going to buy a Component cable in the near future. I guess it won't make any problem with resolution and display.

SEGApl Newbie

Return to Troubleshooting