Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

FTP no longer working after upgrading to Rocky5's softmod

Having hardware or Software issues with your Xbox console? Ask our experts here!

FTP no longer working after upgrading to Rocky5's softmod

Postby mfactor74 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Hey all,
I just upgraded my Ndure to Rocky5's version. Before, I could connect my PC to the Xbox via ethernet cable and FTP like no tomorrow. Now with the Rocky5 upgrade all of a sudden it can't connect? I am using Filezilla.

Under network settings it says Current IP: 0.0.0.0
IP address says 192.168.0.2
Gateway 192.168.0.1

Username/password are both "xbox." Port 21

Followed several tutorials, videos, etc. Extremely frustrated because everything worked great before the upgrade but after taking the universal suggestion to upgrade to Rocky5 now I can't even connect.

Keep getting this message: "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server". I added some attachments if they help.

I've checked my cable, tried a different cable, restarted both machines... Nothing! Any help is greatly appreciated!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
7 of 9: You will be assimilated.
Neelix: No time for that now. Maybe later.
mfactor74 Newbie

Re: FTP no longer working after upgrading to Rocky5's softmo

Postby Thelonewolf » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:29 pm

Your PC has a static IP of 192.168.0.1 and your Xbox is using DHCP (auto assign IP) that wont work.

Use a direct connection (no router) and have the PC as 192.168.1.100

Change the Xbox as a Static IP in the settings using IP 192.168.1.101

Default Gateway for Xbox is the PC IP - 192.168.1.100

You can use DHCP via a router but the IP can change becaue it auto assigns one after reboots, etc. A direct connection from the pc to the console via both network ports works best imo.

Thelonewolf 4

Postby mfactor74 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:49 pm

UGH, I cannot thank you enough, Thelonewolf. All seems to be in order. I truly appreciate you taking the time to help me fix this.

7 of 9: You will be assimilated.
Neelix: No time for that now. Maybe later.
mfactor74 Newbie

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:43 pm

You'd think that a direct connection with Static IP set on both PC and Xbox would be the way to go and that certainly worked for me when using my old WinXP laptop. In fact that refused to work with DHCP.

But using exactly the same settings with a Win7 PC a Static IP address simply does not work. I've tried everything you can find online to resolve this but it simply won't connect to the Xbox even though the network is recognised. I've tried with both cross-over and standard ethernet cables, which shouldn't be an issue nowadays, but still no joy.

However swapping to DHCP via the router and it works like a charm.

The Xbox is the the same, the router (for DHCP) is the same and even the cables are the same in each case. I've actually given up trying to get the Win7 PC + Xbox to work with Static IP addresses but I'd still be interested to hear any ideas about the reason for that.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby Thelonewolf » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:18 am

^^ I still use Win 7 64bit and never had a issue with Static IP direct conections to the xbox. I have two LAN ports on my PC (one for router/internet) seperate for Static IP, both work fine together.

Thelonewolf 4

Postby Rocky5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:44 am

I always uses DHCP by default, if the user needs static it’s a toggle away. The reason for DHCP is in this day and age most folk have a router of some kind and it’s a lot easier to plug in the Xbox to get an IP assigned. Only downfall to that is the IP has a lease time but I just add mine to a DCHP reserve pool so that’s basically static without faffing about with static IP menus, port forwarding eg... :D

Also means I don’t need settings menus on my discs as it’s get assigned an IP, cleaner UI in my eyes and less options for users to break stuff.

Download Xbox Softmodding Tool & Extras Disc
XBMC4Kids Mod

Xbox Gamertag = Connxtion
PSN ID = JCRocky5
Rocky5 8

Return to Troubleshooting