Home
Downloads
Community
Submit
Marketplace

[REQUEST] San Francisco Rush 2049 (optimized rip?)

Requests for Sega Dreamcast titles
Forum rules
If your request has been filled, remember to update your topic to include [FILLED] in the title.

[REQUEST] San Francisco Rush 2049 (optimized rip?)

Postby metroid » Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 pm

The one on site here doesnt seem to be an 'optimized' rip (from one of the well known groups like RDC or DCCM) - people in the comments claim the audio is a bit off, etc.

Does anyone happen to have a good (hopefully as close to 1:1 rip as possible) self booting .cdi of this game? :)

metroid 3

Re: [REQUEST] San Francisco Rush 2049 (optimized rip?)

Postby Jodo901 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:50 am

Those groups mostly released games that actually needed optimization. I would guess they didn't think Rush 2049 needed to be re-released if there was nothing to improve on. The N64 version is only about 16MB so it's highly unlikely that the Dreamcast version would have been larger than 700-800MB and need to have anything ripped from the original. I would also assume that since there isn't an "optimized" version on TiZ that one doesn't exist, or rather the one on site IS complete. I don't know of anyone here currently that is ripping and compiling Dreamcast games into cdi. Ripping a GDI is much easier, but then you can't burn it to a CD.

I owned the original, I have (for years) a burned copy of this cdi I have played on my Dreamcast and I've played it on NullDC. I've never noticed anything different between my original game and this cdi. The music always took a short pause here and there.

I have always been here
Jodo901 9

Postby fafadou » Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 am

I tried to do a release with cdda tracks. It's not easy to do a good one because it's a win ce game with cdda... So I advise to play with the .gdi release;
for having a .cdi in 80min I have to downsample the FMV (not the cdda tracks) a little.
I'm not sure the game run, nulldc doesn't run wince games and my dreamcast is borken for now :

http://frd.li/909f7589f3cac18c9a4c7750105056b0

Please tell if it's works.

- Dev - Hacks - Homebrews - Games - Demos -
fafadou 3

Postby metroid » Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 am

Thanks for taking the time out to assist here. Should this be a self booting image? Because it didn't for me. Also, did you use the ECHELON release as your source? Because thats what the Label ID of the disc came up as when I burned it. I was hoping for some kind of RDC rip or something "fresh" for this game.

metroid 3

Postby metroid » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 pm

No one else has attempted to optimize this game? There's no RDC rip or anything similar available?

metroid 3

Return to Dreamcast Requests