Community
Submit
Marketplace

The Iso Zone

[Request] Panzer Front bis. (NTSC-J)

Requests for Sony PSX titles

[Request] Panzer Front bis. (NTSC-J)

Postby bl3uanims » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Currently, Panzer Front bis. Is Enhanced Version of Panzer Front is Missing. Due to Confusions When Panzer Front Has Been Released on NTSC-U and PAL Version Made Based on Panzer Front bis.

Anyone Who Find This?

bl3uanims 2

Re: [Request] Panzer Front bis. (NTSC-J)

Postby mrpink999 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:58 pm

We will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers ~TiZ Staff 11:17
mrpink999 Moderator

Custom Title: Dilligaf

Postby HisDivineShadow » Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Thanks for this. I really mean it because for years I couldn't find this and eventually imported a used (100% genuine) copy from China, the most expensive import I've ever bought. The game was/is in immaculate condition so it was worth it but because it is rare so many people have missed out on the best version of the best console tank sim ever made.

Second most expensive import I made was DC Panzer Front which is the best version from the graphics point of view.

It actually more than a sim, that is its brilliance; it can be made to play like a sim with settings changes which give the WW2 tanks frustratingly authentic stats and capabilities but at the easiest setting it plays more like an arcade game with almost indestructible vehicles. Perfect for novice or expert player alike.

The Bis version is an update with a storyline (really odd), a few more missions and a map editor. The map editor is very interesting but even with the translation you can find online it is pretty intimidating.

The annoying thing is that there were probably a hundred or more user created maps available at one time with people even re-skinning the tanks to recreate tanks battles in conflicts long after WW2. These new maps were not widely distributed because they were in the form of PS save files. At one point there was a guy in the US providing copies of the saves on memory cards and posting them around the world just for the price of the card and shipping.

I've asked many time since if anyone has them on various forums including here are not had any response. So it looks they lost to gaming history now. :(

Unusually Panzer Front Bis had no NTSC-US version but a PAL version was apparently ready for shipping. However when JVC suddenly pulled out of the game publishing business they cancelled the release. I wouldn't be surprised if someone, somewhere had a copy though.

I've tried my original copy using the ePSXe emulator as that was the Panzer Front Forum's recommended way of improving the graphics of the PS version almost up to the DC standard. That works but I've had some odd problems you just don't get when using it on an original PS/PSOne or less sophisticated PS emulators. It seems to be only with the extra missions too, rendering them unplayable.

If anyone can get it working properly on that emulator it is the way to go to get the best graphics out of the game.

HisDivineShadow 9

Postby ExplosiveDiahorrea » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:05 am

It's good to see a fellow Panzer Front fan on here! Did the Japanese bis version of Panzer Front ever receive a fan translation to english?

ExplosiveDiahorrea Newbie

Postby HisDivineShadow » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 pm

I think the full manual, which includes the use of the map editor was translated. The Panzer Front Forum still exists, more dead than alive, but it still gives you access to other useful info on all the Panzer Front game versions. There were working links to translation of the settings/control options but, as I remember it, that wasn't comprehensive.

Here are some of the links I have which may be useful and includes a still available English translated manual. It is basically the same as the original PF one but with the map editor stuff.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thepanzerfront/

http://thepanzerfront.yuku.com/topic/19 ... -p_EckpKzc

http://www.geocities.ws/panzerfrontuk/index-2.html

http://www.geocities.ws/panzerfrontuk/B ... Index.html

Panzer Front Bis Controller Settings.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HisDivineShadow 9

Return to PSX Requests